Notices

Lift Kits??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Kits??

Anyone have any experience with these Spaccer lift kits?

http://www.spaccer.com/en_US/makes-a...bishi/asx.html

A little pricey, but I'm not finding anything else for a small lift for the OS. Thoughts on if new bushings would be needed to correct the rear camber if I went with a .94" lift?

Also, does the OS share its suspension with another Mitsubishi model? Would much prefer to get a lift from Subtle Solutions based on their reputation, but I don't think they'd take on the project if the suspension setup is only unique to the OS.

Last edited by IslandTimes; Dec 2, 2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
interesting, but I am going the other direction 1.5" to kill the fender gap.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 07:09 AM

Not only is the platform shared with other mitsubishi models, but it is shared with the Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot. While I'm sure the front lift kits from those models would work, the rear might be an issue. I bring those two models up because there are known lift kits for them, so it may be worth investigating.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MDOS-87
Not only is the platform shared with other mitsubishi models, but it is shared with the Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot. While I'm sure the front lift kits from those models would work, the rear might be an issue. I bring those two models up because there are known lift kits for them, so it may be worth investigating.

While I cannot provide any information to the original subject, I am very thankful for this piece of information MDOS! You have definitely opened doors with this new information!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jonjon5
While I cannot provide any information to the original subject, I am very thankful for this piece of information MDOS! You have definitely opened doors with this new information!
But really! Anyone have both an OS and Jeep Compass/Patriot that can compare?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Holy crap. That's well over a grand of you wanted to lift it not even 2". That's insane,, I can't see anyone paying that amount of cash for such a small amount of lift. And it's only "spacers"!!!!!! Good grief. They gotta be high to a price like that on something SOOOOO simple. Not mention they are stretching out the shock and aren't compensating for the lesser amount of down travel.

That company is pretty sketchy if you ask me. They're making claims that don't even address proper geometry of handling.

It would be more proper to drop the whole strut assembly with a spacer instead. Or FAB a bracket for raising the strut assembly from the suspension arms. (which might be pretty simple to do actually. I might just think about this for the wifes Big O.
she loves the 3rd row seating, but would like to get it up in the air more like her Jeep used to be.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 04:32 PM

I meant to post this... H&R apparently offers a 30mm raising kit overseas. Thats about an inch, but its something that actually fits our cars and wouldn't need any modification to work. And it takes you from 8.5 inches of clearance to about 9.5 inches of clearance, which is way more than its competitors (so far, dunno what the Renegade will have) and more than some stock Jeeps.

The part number is 28805-1

Last edited by MDOS-87; Dec 29, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:30 AM

yeah I've seen this but i think you can't find it in north America ? when you google it it's only for European, and only for the asx 4wd ???
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

I've been doing A LOT of research. Couldn't we OS owners use the aftermarket parts that are used on the Jeep Patriot and the Jeep Compass since we use the same body? Check my links. I know this was stated previously, but anyone know for sure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GS

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-patriot-lift-kit.html

http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...pension-system

All I want is a 2" lift

Old Sep 16, 2016, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
For info, 07-13 OUTLANDER coilovers fit our cars, same mounting points bottom and top. So idk how much higher the 07-13 OUTLANDER sits but you can try the OEM suspension. or also if there is a LIFT KIT for the 07-13 OUTLANDER, you can also try that
Old Sep 17, 2016, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
For info, 07-13 OUTLANDER coilovers fit our cars, same mounting points bottom and top. So idk how much higher the 07-13 OUTLANDER sits but you can try the OEM suspension. or also if there is a LIFT KIT for the 07-13 OUTLANDER, you can also try that
Front and rear both top and bottom mounting locations?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Yes front and rear. Suspension should bolt right up
Old Sep 19, 2016, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
Yes front and rear. Suspension should bolt right up

I've been looking for spacers for the Outlander and still no luck!! Well, at least for 1.5" to 2" while 2" is ideal for me
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

These are what I found for the OUTLANDER, so it'll def give the OS more than advertised. Only thing I found in the U.S. Give them a call http://www.coloradomountainrally.com...djustment.html
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

It's full suspension setup

Quick Reply: Lift Kits??