Notices

Tires / Cooper CS5 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires / Cooper CS5 Ultra

I put some Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring tires on my car in June of 2014. I've got about 10k on them.

Got them from Discount Tire Direct. They were providing some nice rebates at the time of purchase.

Here's a quick run down on my thoughts so far.

They are more quiet than the Goodyear LS2s they replaced. This may not be saying much as the Goodyears did have 40k on them. There was however an immediate reduction in road noise.

In dry weather they perform well. I don't pretend this is a sports car and don't drive it like one. They are H rated for whatever that's worth to you, I'm not driving this turd anywhere near the H speed rating. Perhaps the sidewalls are stiffer, again I'm not pushing this car or the tires to the limits.

In the rain these tires really excel. No hydroplaning and stopping is very good in wet weather conditions. I do believe this was an area Cooper tried to make this tire stand out and IMO they have succeeded. I don't have enough good things to say about the wet weather characteristics of this tire.

Winter weather. I would say these tires are pretty average as far as an all season tire goes. These tires combined with the AWC seem to be more than enough to get me through a Kansas City Winter. If I lived farther north I would probably get snows, but for KC these tires seems to be able to do what I need.

Old Apr 1, 2015, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Thank you for sharing the tire info and the experience you have with them so far.
Those Cooper's tread pattern look very conservative, no doubt they are quiet!

Keep us posted.

And, Welcome to the forum.