Notices

Update the stock radio

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update the stock radio

I have a 2013 OSport LE with the stock fuse radio, no navigation screen, no fancy packages.

I would like to incorporate my sub and amp back into it after driving around for almost two years and have no bottom end on the stock radio package.

How does one go about getting a remote line from the stock harness, and the RCA cables on the back of the headunit for the amp? I would like to keep the stock setup, just incorporate these two pieces into it.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 20, 2015, 09:18 PM

I actually just put my sub/amp back in last week. I too have the stock non navigation head unit so I had to buy an audio line output converter (best buy for like 20bucks) so I can't plug in the rcas and I tapped it to my rear speakers. As for remote wire I just tapped it to the radio accessory power so when the radios on the amp turns on. The remote wire was iffy. That's just how I did it so idk if that would be the correct way. Anyone else did it differently?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:09 AM

Could I plug in the audio line output converter behind the headunit instead of the rear speaker? since I'm going to be back there anyways.

Typically, I replace the whole headunit when I do things like this, but I don't want to mess with my bluetooth, steering wheels controls, ipod connection (which seems to really suck by the way)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by zoommsp
Could I plug in the audio line output converter behind the headunit instead of the rear speaker? since I'm going to be back there anyways.

Typically, I replace the whole headunit when I do things like this, but I don't want to mess with my bluetooth, steering wheels controls, ipod connection (which seems to really suck by the way)
yea, my audio line output converter is behind my headunit. what I meant was I tapped it into the rear speaker wires. as for retaining your steering wheel controls with an after market head unit, that is possible with one simple piece they sell.(ill look up what it was, I had it on my old car and it kept all my steering controls with a after market head)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:25 AM

found it. its this piece (ASWC-1)

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...INST10_web.pdf