Notices

Help on MMCS-Update for C-Crosser (Citroen)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help on MMCS-Update for C-Crosser (Citroen)

Hello there! Well, I am new here and I do not find what I need after using the search tool with MMCS or Update or some words like this...
I also do not know to put my question into the correct row to get any answers from you... Anyhow - hopefully you can help me... or you can guide me into the right forum group - thank you!
I live here in Germany and I am having trouble with my new car (3 years old, less than 48.000km on it). I used MOTO G mobile's (I have one and my wife too) with android 5.0.2 and I luckily paired them both with the MMCS system made by MITSUBISHI and CITROEN and another party I forgot. I updated my mobile based on the known Stagefright 2.0 bug with the original MOTOROLA roll-out 5.1.0 and from that point no bluetooth pairing is possible. I downgraded my Motorola G with 5.0.2 and voilá, it works again. Well, using crappy firmware on Android is not the way, so i asked Citroen for an update to my bluetooth unit (from 2012 is the car, so in real I think it is from 2011 or little older). They told me that there is no update possible, the bluetooth-box must be changed to my costs (around 300 Euro)! No way! I payed a lot of money for my new car, it is only a few weeks old (for me) and now this! Well, the map was also pritty old so I bought from "here" the EUROPE Edition 2015 (6753) Navigation C-CROSSER/C4 AIRCROSS update for around 200 Euro. Well, not cheap but anyway... All OK, I have new navigation maps and also the Gracenote update (downloaded the latest from MITSUBISHI few hours ago and updated them again to actual data base... So far so good... After a lot of discussions with Citroen Germany, a lot of letters to both CEO's and newspaper assistance from the German BILD-Zeitung they will even not help me to keep my compfort bluetooth coupling back into work again!!! They didn't take any interests into this matter... So I "googled" a lot of toppics and forums if somebody can help me out... Well, I already know that updates are possible via a USB-memory stick and also how to do this, but I could not find any USB-port on my MMCS unit. The unit itself is a NR261EMC.sce telling me this file on the map update DVD... I also know that there is a bluetooth update - or better system update available from 18.0.0 or now 19.0.0 better known as "hands-free-v1900-update" and also some "fupdate" and others... I have them all, but I did not know how to put them into my system... I have no USB-port and also no SD-card slot or user slot to put the file onto... So I also do not want to remove the 30GB harddisk and open it with a hack to do something wrong here... So I think the 19.0.0 update should be possible with burning the file(s) on a disk and wait 5 minutes and then it works... Any help, ideas or so what else I can do??? The "service points" around me knows nothing and they are all stupid - and are not really interested to let me know anything about updates to my MMCS. Meanwhile I have a copy of the service bulletin dealing with this problem since 03/12/2014 (D5AW012DQ0) -> replaces document 03/11/2014 - all known BEFORE I bought this car!!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
chances are, the MMCS system is different in Germany than North America (i know it is for Australia).

do you have an AUX input in your Citroen?

i think on my Evo there is a USB port behind the flip-down stereo face that is only used for updates - my older (2008) Rockford Fosgate system has Bluetooth for phone, but will not stream music. later models have a USB port in the glovebox, i believe.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 01:48 PM

Hello Landshark, thank you for your reply. Well, no. There is nothing else on the stereo enabled, no external AUX input, no USB-port - even also not in the glovebox - searched them will lamps and so... I think that I must remove the stereo to look on the serial number and unit id and also to have a look on the back to see what cables are connected - and witch not. Well, I think I will not find a regular USB port whom I must only extend with a 1:1 male and female extention cable... This will be too simple!!! And yes, I also have this Rockfort Fosgate sound system installed - and of course the bluetooth box for mobile coupling... But I do not see any entries in the service menu by pressing these two buttons at the same time and also not the navi button for another 5 seconds to go one step deeper... No "bluetooth-box" or something like that... I think the firmware is even Citroen special...
Old Dec 29, 2015, 01:53 PM

Old Dec 29, 2015, 01:54 PM

So I think this is BLD-NR-261EM-CTR 1.10 standing for CTR=CITROEN version...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:01 AM

dear Thomask,

I have C-Crosser and I'm experiencing your same problems, did you find some solution in the meantime? Thank you and best regards
Nicola - Roma Italy