Notices

Roof rails

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roof rails

Hey guys were can i buy Mitsubishi outlander sport roof rails? These are hardier to find then i thought.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
You can not "buy" the roof rails. Either your OS comes equipped with the roof rails or you have the oem fixed points that's it both can be used for roof racks. Just look on your roof towards the edges and you should have 4 fixed points, you can add a roof rack to it.
The following users liked this post:
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 05:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can get after market ones, (aliexpress I think) but according to some who bought them is that they are poor quality.
As Nas has stated above if you aint got them you can still mount a roof box as your car will have 4 points on the roof to mount roof bars.
If you want them badly then try a breakers yard for an OS that has them.
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
What is your purpose with the roof rails? If you like the look and do not want to use them, many aftermarket versions are available with different installation methods (some requires drilling, while others are using only the bolts on the roof and some even are simply to be glued on). The ones that are bolted on could very well be strong enough to be loaded (just compare them with the OEM attachment of the roof rails on the second generation Outlander). As mentioned above the quality may be subpar as the exact curvature of the roof is a challenge to replicate with the rail in the aftermarket versions. The quality varies depending on the supplier (read the ebay feedbacks).
Please, find some installation methods for reference (for ebay or ali sourced roof rails)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsY8O-bX7Fc
I am also attaching the OEM roof rail installation guide for reference.
There are some others (OEM) that are elevated (ASX Outdoor for Brazil; orange car)) or low profile (ASX, Australian, red car). Depending on your international connections you may be able to get a hold on those (if price is not your paramount selection criterion). There is also one elevated kind that sometimes surfaces on ebay or here:
http://www.tradevanaccessories.co.uk...ahara-2010-on/.
To conclude, there is a bunch of options out there. I am personally interested in the Aussi type (the low profile one on the red car).
Given how many OS are on the road as compared to a (say Corollas) chances are pretty slim that you would find one in a junk yard near you.
Attached Thumbnails Roof rails-mitsubishi-asx-outdoor-2016-33.jpg   Roof rails-low-profile-roof-rail_4.jpeg   Roof rails-mitsubishi-asx-rejlengi-crown_801.jpg   Roof rails-mitsubishi_asx_roof_rails_elevated.jpg   Roof rails-mitsubishi-asx-rejlengi-crown_805.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
OS_OM_roof rail.pdf (75.6 KB, 0 views)
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by fujirio
Hey guys were can i buy Mitsubishi outlander sport roof rails? These are hardier to find then i thought.

I purchased the fixed point OEM rack from the dealer, and just put it on myself. OEM rack is made by THULE btw.
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by haystack
I purchased the fixed point OEM rack from the dealer, and just put it on myself. OEM rack is made by THULE btw.

how much did you end up paying for them?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Cheapest price/avg price for the oem roof rack is 330-370
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
The only disadvantage of the fix-point-mounted crossbar is that it spoils the highway fuel economy (some also generate noise) if left on permanently. It takes some time to install and remove them. Having roof rails and using quick install crossbars makes carrying items occasionally much easier. Many crossbars (including Thule=Mitsubishi) are also tend to be too tall above the roof (regardless of fix-point or rail mounted). It might not be a problem for some but I personally have height restrictions in my garage. The fix-point-mounted crossbars do not really look sleek either. I kind of like the OEM crossbar on the Pontiac Vibe AWD.
Attached Thumbnails Roof rails-1000x901c_do-nieuszkodzony-mitsubishi-asx-39505752.jpg   Roof rails-mitsubishi_asx_roofracks_thule.jpg   Roof rails-pontiac-vibe-awd.jpg  
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
The only disadvantage of the fix-point-mounted crossbar is that it spoils the highway fuel economy (some also generate noise) if left on permanently. It takes some time to install and remove them. Having roof rails and using quick install crossbars makes carrying items occasionally much easier. Many crossbars (including Thule=Mitsubishi) are also tend to be too tall above the roof (regardless of fix-point or rail mounted). It might not be a problem for some but I personally have height restrictions in my garage. The fix-point-mounted crossbars do not really look sleek either. I kind of like the OEM crossbar on the Pontiac Vibe AWD.

by chance do you have the thule part number that will fit the outlander sport?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:57 PM

how much did you end up paying for them?

I think around 280...its been awhile. If you can buy OEM from Mitsubishi or go aftermarket.

if it was me, Id get the following

THULE: 460R RAPID PODIUM FEET KIT

THULE: AERO BLADE CROSSBARS.

As far as I know the OEM rack comes with Rapid aero crossbars and they are discontinued by Thule. (I have these on mine)

I'm not sure if the OEM racks will eventually come with the new style aero blade crossbars. FYI if you buy Thule your basically buying OEM, it just wont say Mitsubishi on the feet.
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 01:05 PM

Name:  image_zpsqxsfff7b.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  258.0 KB

OEM (thule) Fixed point with optional fairing& kayak carriers

Last edited by haystack; Aug 17, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 02:01 PM

I think around 280...its been awhile. If you can buy OEM from Mitsubishi or go aftermarket.

if it was me, Id get the following

THULE: 460R RAPID PODIUM FEET KIT

THULE: AERO BLADE CROSSBARS.

As far as I know the OEM rack comes with Rapid aero crossbars and they are discontinued by Thule. (I have these on mine)

I'm not sure if the OEM racks will eventually come with the new style aero blade crossbars. FYI if you buy Thule your basically buying OEM, it just wont say Mitsubishi on the feet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. By far you have the best looking outlander sport I have ever seen. I am jealous with envy my friend. What size did you get your blades? 47, 53? also whats that piece in the front of the blades that say Vossen?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 03:07 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. By far you have the best looking outlander sport I have ever seen. I am jealous with envy my friend. What size did you get your blades? 47, 53? also whats that piece in the front of the blades that say Vossen?
Thank you

Pretty sure crossbars are 53". Front piece is a fairing to deflect wind but I just like the look. It's a 38" fairing. They differ depending on what style crossbars you have. I have rapid aero bars so I have the 871xt fairing. The aero blade Crossbars has a newer version called air screen
fujirio (Aug 17, 2016)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the flush-type Whispbar cross bars by Yakima.

fujirio (Dec 24, 2016)
Old Dec 24, 2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pipefish
I have the flush-type Whispbar cross bars by Yakima.

hey friend do you have a photo from the front of the car?

Quick Reply: Roof rails