Notices

Throttle hesitation and Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle hesitation and Sprint Booster

Hi There, I'm a 2015 RVR owner. I'm wondering if anybody has experience with the Sprint Booster on your RVR/OS? This thing claims that it could eliminate the throttle hesitation.

Since all our RVR/OS are built with drive-by-wire throttle, I believe most of the members here experience the throttle hesitation problem. This is just ******* annoying. It touches my nerve big time... even after 1 year of driving!!!

I'm already using one of the throttle controllers named "Shadow E-Drive2 Advance".

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5a026a67.jpg

Yes, it increase throttle responds while driving, it's nice, but it still can't eliminate the hesitation. The situation is that when you are slowing down for a right turn, for example, when you exit the turn, you step on the gas, there is literally "1 sec" delay before the car gets going... the hesitation always happen at low speed.

so I wonder if the the Sprint Booster worth it....

Any advice are welcome! Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
i have the opposite problem - i'd probably reduce the throttle if anything.

its very touchy and jumps off the line. i have to remember to go easy on the gas pedal from a stop, or the torque steer will try to wrench the steering wheel from my hands.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 06:44 AM

I have a 2015 and experienced the hesitation as well. I've gone through 3 chip flashes (recall updates) and the last one i did has worked great.

It is part of the August recall update and I just had mine done a few weeks ago. I have also flushed my tranny fluid, I was close to the recommended 48k flush, and this has also improved my driving experience.

Here is some info below:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...ssion-problems

The last thing I need to get fixed is that darn rattle when going over bumps. It seems that I need to have the clips on the brakes replaced as mentioned in the other thread about rattles etc.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 08:25 AM

Landshark: Really? I didn't have that problem tho. But hesitation and the gas pedal being touchy are 2 different things. My throttle controller allows me to use the ECO mode which makes the gas pedal slushy. It's a good feature when you are stuck in traffic and you don't wanna step too much gas. It basically reduce the opening amount of the butterfly valve. You may consider getting a throttle controller to solve your problem.

rotterdam: I checked with the dealership about the ecu flash recall thingy, but my car isn't on the list according to my VIN number.

I wish I could get my ecu flashed as well.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 09:27 AM

Hmmm, that's really odd about your VIN number.

You can manually check it here to be sure: (just to be sure they're not giving you the run around )

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...e?q=recallinfo

But I would try and press them to do it anyway as the vehicle shouldn't be performing that way.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by xelloss
Landshark: Really? I didn't have that problem tho. But hesitation and the gas pedal being touchy are 2 different things. My throttle controller allows me to use the ECO mode which makes the gas pedal slushy. It's a good feature when you are stuck in traffic and you don't wanna step too much gas. It basically reduce the opening amount of the butterfly valve. You may consider getting a throttle controller to solve your problem.

rotterdam: I checked with the dealership about the ecu flash recall thingy, but my car isn't on the list according to my VIN number.

I wish I could get my ecu flashed as well.
Nope ... no hesitation. It just goes. It it had more power, it would be scary.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
RRM timing controller is what I use in my big O. love it, but the aluminum pulley was money in the back difference.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 08:35 AM

Wondering if it could be the hill start assist, read that it holds brake force for 2 seconds after brake pedal is released.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 09:42 AM

Nah, I don't think it's the hill assist. The car starts going fine on a hill. No hesitation there since it's a complete stop. The hesitation only happens when you are slowing down to around 20km/h then step on the gas, you will totally feel the lack/delay there.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:30 AM

It was worth a shot.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Have you tried manual mode? Does your car hesitate when you are say in the virtual 2nd gear at 20 km/h or it happens only in drive (D) mode? If so, it could be a programming issue in your CVT and the dealership should be able to fix it. Alternatively, you just feel the hesitation. Go to the dealership and take a test drive with a same model as yours to test whether your situation is unique to your copy.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 09:50 PM

I would go with this:

https://www.amazon.com/APEXi-410-A00.../dp/B007ZDR8FA

and this

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/smart...der-sport.html