Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was his personal opinion on the SST. Methanol/E85 however, I wouldn't buy a used car that ran it no matter the price. Absolutely no clue how long those fuel lines and seals will work while running that stuff and you don't know what the previous owner did to run it safely.

Plenty of people have run them without issue. Plenty of people have tuned them properly and made solid DD and track beasts with them. And plenty of people have blown them up, abandoning the platform.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up E85 Conversion

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
It was his personal opinion on the SST. Methanol/E85 however, I wouldn't buy a used car that ran it no matter the price. Absolutely no clue how long those fuel lines and seals will work while running that stuff and you don't know what the previous owner did to run it safely.

Plenty of people have run them without issue. Plenty of people have tuned them properly and made solid DD and track beasts with them. And plenty of people have blown them up, abandoning the platform.
Awesome perspective on the E85 conversion.
MAX
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 14CBx
Anyone in here have a stock Evo X exhaust that I can get from them? Mine fell off today and I really need to get an exhaust because I don't have anything at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm in the Everett and Marysville area

aye, it's the Marine recruiter, I remember you! lol.

Anyways, I would suggest going on facebook and joining the "NW Evos" group.
They're a lot more active than these forums and you'd probably find a stock exhaust from someone in that group.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Fubfer
whats wrong with the sst in the mr's?
SST has higher drivetrain power loss, generate a lot of heat, and are expensive to rebuild/replace. It will also be a glass ceiling to future tuning/power goals.

Can you get around these issues? Yes. Will it be expensive? Yes.

As for methanol, it is extremely corrosive, and can cause a whole host of issues. IMO the extra power is just not worth the downsides.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Run denatured alcohol, not meth. we have a local who's been running it for XX number of years and it hasn't corroded anything. very reliable in comparison to meth
Old Jan 26, 2015, 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Lies and slander! To be fair, my second car was a '93 Subaru Legacy; automatic and non-turbo. That balanced out the first car being a muscle car...
You also helped make Counter-strike: global offensive, that alone puts you on a fine line of stranger danger.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

^Alex did too? I know Steve did but I didn't realize Alex was also involved.

I ran meth for a while and had two corrosive issues, one of which was the pump, so I stopped running it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Not I, :/, I just play it haha. Steve is the programmer mastermind!

Speaking of Steve, I haven't seen him in forever either
Old Jan 28, 2015, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Then I got you mixed up, but still you play that garbage so idk about you anymore lol.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

TECHNICALLY I don't play it, I just own it...CS:S for life! I haven't played GO in a long time now. 57 hours total and I purchased it when it came out. I'm a GunGame accicitionado and there weren't really any arms race servers whenever I'd play GO so it wasn't much fun. And it feels way different than CS:S
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:11 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by llDemonll
TECHNICALLY I don't play it, I just own it...CS:S for life! I haven't played GO in a long time now. 57 hours total and I purchased it when it came out. I'm a GunGame accicitionado and there weren't really any arms race servers whenever I'd play GO so it wasn't much fun. And it feels way different than CS:S
the game mechanics are very wonky and sluggish. Bad sign when it has default settings for a controller . CSS and 1.6 are wayy better. I don't like it much either I keep my distance from it as much as possible mostly. It's funny that people will spend money on skins lol.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

But those people keep my games free!

CS:S and DOTA2 are my two most played games; I've spent maybe $60 on DOTA2 ($10 each for TI3 and TI4 compendium) and buy all the cosmetics off the marketplace. More than $.50? I'll look for the cosmetic I like second-best haha!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:08 PM

Hey guys new to the wa chat forum. had my evo about a year now thinking of selling it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4866711595.html

lmk if you guys have any questions.

im still undecided unless I get a offer I cant pass up.

also thinking of selling my transfer case and get a stock one if someone wants to trade.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/4870289768.html

and for sale are my rpf1s 18x9.5.

but if I do keep it im looking to sell my turbo kit and or just turbo and other parts to upgrade for more power

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/4873586467.html

if posting this isn't allowed please lmk or if someone could possible post in the classifieds local and all over. I still cant post thanks alot
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:10 PM

has anyone also done a hta upgrade on a regular gt35r and or added a 1.06 ex housing, if its worth it and how much more power can I squeeze out of the same turbo. with those upgrades or just sell it and big a bigger one?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Turbo technology has come a long way in the past few years. GT35R is getting a bit long in the tooth. I think you will find better all around results with something from either Precision, Borg Warner, or Forced Performance.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***