Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Old Nov 11, 2015, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
At least Ozzy Motors was banned from NW Evos. Dude is a nut-tickler.

Banned Message:
Good Evening Northwest Evos,
In light of the recent events regarding the scandal with David Otzwirk (also known as “Ozzy Motors”), the Northwest Evos Admin Team has decided to ban David from the group immediately and indefinitely.
The removal of David from the group was voted and put to a decision of all six active administrators with five (5) voting “FOR” the removal of David and one (1) abstaining from voting.
The current list of infractions noted by the administrators are not limited to just the current scandal, but over the entire length of time that David has been in the Northwest Evos community.
The violations are as follows:
1) Failure to fully disclose all information regarding a vehicles condition prior to the sale.
2) Blatantly misinforming and lying to multiple customers and potential future vehicle owners about conditions of parts and/or entire vehicles with intent to sell.
3) Breach of promise/written contract on vehicles sold to customers regarding services to be rendered, warranty repairs, extended warranties, etc.
4) Knowingly overcharging a vehicle well above KBB price and preying on both military and civilian customers with unaccredited finance practices.
Due to the serious nature of the situation, the number of people involved and to protect the Northwest Evo community, David Otzwirk (“Ozzy Motors”) is hereby *BLACKLISTED* by Northwest Evos. All services, products and/or vehicles mentioned on the Northwest Evos community page in relation to David Otzwirk (“Ozzy Motors”) will be immediately deleted without notification.
Please note that despite previous transgressions, there is to be no instigation, flaming and/or personal attacks on David Otzwirk and/or his family for any reason within Northwest Evos. Failure to follow this rule may result in removal from the group without warning.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Northwest Evos administrative team at < redacted >.
Thank you.
I was quite happy when that happened. Sadly he's still a part of the NWN Motorsports stuff they do.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some personal experience:

Ozzy motors was the dealer who purchased my evo with the intention to ship the car to a purchaser in Chicago (I have documentation to support this). I was very up front with the minor issues pertaining to the car at the time of sale, and as many of you could have guessed, the car was delivered in a very clean and impeccable presentation. In addition, every available receipt and piece of documentation was provided with the car, along with wheel lock keys and spare parts.

The purchase price was $20K.

24 hours later he had sold it to a local for $25K (well above KBB), not only that....

- Ozzy motors failed to address ANY of the minor issues with the vehicle! Including installing the idle sensor that I provided

- They kept the trickle charger that NEEDED to be sold with the vehicle. The car used a snow mobile battery and the battery will die in just a few days of sitting or cold weather.

- They kept the box of information and receipts that went along with the vehicle. The purchaser (being a local) asked some questions about the vehicle and it became apparent that the information was not passed on. Eventually it made it to the buyers hands, however I have reason to believe that certain information about the car was destroyed. INCLUDING the wheel lock keys!

- Ozzy Motors encouraged the buyer to contact ME regarding some of the minor issues with the vehicle when sold... Um, weren't you the guy who just made $5,000 in TWENTY FOUR HOURS in flipping a car you put absolutely zero time/energy into? YOU sold the car, not me. It's YOUR responsibility to satisfy your customers needs. (i'm a nice enough guy and the buyer is really passionate about the car and loves it, so I continue to assist where possible)

- Ozzy motors proceeded to take approximately FOUR days to provide payment to me. He had already secured payment for the purchase of the car (again, $5K over what he was to pay me), with the excuse that the bank can take time to release funds. Sorry, but i'm a compliance auditor. The only reason the bank would take over 24 hours to release funds is if you had to shop your loan because your finances/credit aren't in order.

- I had to threaten to show up on his front door with the police regarding what would legally be a stolen vehicle in order for him to "magically" come up with the funds to pay me. He made multiple sleazy offers of small payments or a few grand because I was to purchase a car the day after selling the Evo. Forcing me to borrow other peoples cars for a few days while he continued to delay, delay, not answer phone calls, be dismissive in emails and generally attempt to delay paying me for a car that he had ALREADY SOLD TO ANOTHER PERSON!

In closing, he seems like an okay guy in general, however, in business he is not a person I will ever work with again, and I discourage any EvoM member or lurker from doing business with him.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Wait, you let a buyer take your car without first putting payment in your hand?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
Wait, you let a buyer take your car without first putting payment in your hand?
No. I had a legally binding sale agreement which was signed after the close of business. Funds were to be transferred to my account the following day.

When that didn't happen, **** hit the fan.

David Otzwirk turned around and sold the car before lunch the following day. The legality of THAT transaction is up for debate.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Interesting. Yep sounds pretty sketchy.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Don't feel bad. I'm banned from all of the NW Evo FB groups.

Most of the time it's because you say something that is counter to the overlords opinion (which should be taken as fact at all times).

Those people hated being on here anyway. You were required to be able to withstand being called a **** and have thick enough skin to take it. That doesn't fly on Facebook.
I'm not on there or here as much as I used to be but I try to be fair to everyone. If anyone has a hard time finding the group please pm me with your Facebook name and I'll get back to you
Old Jan 19, 2016, 05:15 PM

Hey all,

I sold my Evo IX MR a while back but I was cleaning out a storage area and I found some Diaqueen gear oil (1+ gallons) and a couple bottles of ATE Super Blue brake fluid. Free for the taking, you just have to come pick them up in Phinney Ridge in Seattle. Also have 3QTs of Mobil 1 10W-30 that you can have if you want.

Best way to reach me for more details would be email since I rarely stop by this forum: reden.ben@gmail.com

Cheers!
Ben
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
If I was ever up that way I'd definitely take it off your hands. If you ever find yourself down by JBLM or Olympia let me know.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone go through emissions without a CAT in Wa??
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory pilot: use FB. Look for NWEvo. There's a lot of help there.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 04:20 PM

New to PNW & Evos

Just wanted to say hi to the PNW just bought my first evo and new to the area so hoping to meet some people who share the same interests
Old Jan 31, 2016, 05:51 PM

any locals from puyallup?!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 07:28 PM

Ballard Evos

Noticed a few driving around, any members in here from ballard
Old Feb 1, 2016, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03evo1423
any locals from puyallup?!
I'm in Sumner.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Amhelms93
Just wanted to say hi to the PNW just bought my first evo and new to the area so hoping to meet some people who share the same interests
You should come out for a track day. There are usually a few evos out http://ridgemotorsportspark.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***