Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Welcome to Pacific Northwest!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to Pacific Northwest!

Welcome to the new regional forum for the Pacific Northwest!

This region is for members from all across Washington, Oregon and Idaho, generally known as the Pacific Northwest. We’re sure to have our Vancouver B.C. friends chime in here as well.

While we’ve been quite comfortable and active in the main Northwest Region forum, I’m sure you all can recognize how much posts from Pacific Northwest members dominate the general Northwest Region. This change will ease some of the frustration felt across the region. For example, no longer will Pacific Northwest members see ‘Who wants to go for a cruise?’ posts from members in Colorado and no longer will Colorado members have to go through pages and pages of PNW member posts to find something local to Colorado.

Moderators will be moving over threads from the Northwest Region over time and this should end up being an easy transition for everyone. I will mention obvious threads to the moderators if they are overlooked, but if there is a particular thread you want to see moved over, please let it be known.

If you have any questions or know of any events that are coming up that I have not posted on the calendar, let me know. I'll try my best to keep everyone informed and keep this organized.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:34 PM

Awesome!!! And congrats to you, Angie!!!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

This is awesome!!

I think this calls for a cruise..... Now who do I know that can set up a cruise??
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Since the other threads were closed...

I'm still confused as to the point of this. It seems like we are just taking all the normal "location relevant" discussions and moving them here. I'd reckon that >90% of the posts in this section were from people in the WA/OR/ID region anyways so the Northwest Region is just going to become a barren wasteland since this new "Pacific Northwest" is where we're supposed to post now.

We had hardly any activity from CO/UT/whoever else people in here anyways (most CO are probably in the cali section) so I don't see the point of splitting these things up even more...NW region wasn't flooded, even if you didn't check the forums for a few days it's unlikely that more than the first page would have unread posts...

Why not just stick CO in the South or Southwest region and save us the hassle of doing all this?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In on Juan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrat's Angie.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congo rats =D
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
It seems like we are just taking all the normal "location relevant" discussions and moving them here.

Yep. For us WA/OR/ID members, we treat the Pacific Northwest Region pretty much the same as we used to treat the Northwest Region.

Originally Posted by llDemonll
I'd reckon that >90% of the posts in this section were from people in the WA/OR/ID region anyways so the Northwest Region is just going to become a barren wasteland....

Yes, we dominated the threads with posts from members in our region. Occasionally we've seen people comment from CO, only to never be heard from again. But can you really blame them? It becomes clear pretty quickly that all the posts are from PNW members. I'm sure it causes them frustration and eventually they just stop checking.

Hopefully this will allow that to change. Without our dominant presence, they'll have an opportunity to grow their own areas. The Northwest Region of EvoM not only contained WA/OR/ID and CO, but also AK, WY, SD, MT, and ND. It's a big area.

Does this help clear it up a little?

Oh, and thanks everyone!

Last edited by BellyD; Feb 14, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Welcome BellyD. It looks like you're doing a good job so far.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think this change is a great idea, was suprised to see how many states were included in the "NW" section but it was mainly just WA/OR posting
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ good point there buddy.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:21 PM

Talking

Congrats BellyD
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BellyD

Yep. For us WA/OR/ID members, we treat the Pacific Northwest Region pretty much the same as we used to treat the Northwest Region.

Yes, we dominated the threads with posts from members in our region. Occasionally we've seen people comment from CO, only to never be heard from again. But can you really blame them? It becomes clear pretty quickly that all the posts are from PNW members. I'm sure it causes them frustration and eventually they just stop checking.

Hopefully this will allow that to change. Without our dominant presence, they'll have an opportunity to grow their own areas. The Northwest Region of EvoM not only contained WA/OR/ID and CO, but also AK, WY, SD, MT, and ND. It's a big area.

Does this help clear it up a little?

Oh, and thanks everyone!
I'm cool with that, but make it so we can get to it from the main page. Rename Northwest to "Colorado" and don't make us have to go through it to get to the PNW...

It's a hassle!

Last edited by JRally; Feb 15, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by JRally
I'm cool with that, but make it so we can get to it from the main page. Rename Northwest to "Colorado" and don't make us have to go through it to get to the PNW...

It's a hassle!

Okay, this is just getting silly. If I said that, I would see endless replies that I'm just being a whiney woman.

Bookmark https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pacific-northwest-346/ and problem solved.

While we Pacific Northwesterners refer to our geological area as the Northwest, that is not how it is split up on EvoM. As I already explained, it's not just Colorado and I think the title "Colorado, Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana" would be a tad too long.

It's moving forward and in a little while it'll be like nothing has changed. One day, we'll all laugh over about our resistance to change and how it wasn't a big deal after all.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Doesn't seem silly, websites should be user friendly, simple 101. Making the effort to makeit user friendly just seems logical.

But whatever, not a big deal

Quick Reply: Welcome to Pacific Northwest!