Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Remote Lock Feature Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Remote Lock Feature Not Working

Hi There,
I've done some searching but I can't find a really good answer to my problem which is that my EVO (06-MR) is starting to have issues with the remote lock button on the key FOB. (Please note I have the standard key FOB) On two occasions so far when I turn off the car and open the door I get a soft alarm letting me know something is wrong. When I close the door the alarm stops but the remote lock feature on the key FOB does not work. (doors do not lock, lights do not flash). So far if I restart the ignition it appears that the system has reset itself and everything is OK. My concern is that this will be constant problem that my lead to be being stranded somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a battery issue in the FOB? If so, can I change the battery out? Or will this require the dealer to reset my ignition? Thanks for the help.
MAX
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Id start by checking the easiest solution. Try the battery in the FOB. Just un-screw the back and pop in a new battery. Hope thats it.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It actually sounds like an issue with the ignition switch. I've had this happen to me on the rare occasion. When you turn the key to the off position and remove it, a switch is tripped to indicate that the key has been removed. Occasionally this switch does not trip for whatever reason so the car thinks you still have the key in the ignition. When you open the door, a chime goes off to remind you to remove the key from the ignition and the safety system prevents you from locking the doors. Reinserting and removing the key will solve the problem assuming the switch isn't so worn out that it doesn't trip. I don't know what all would have to be replaced if the problem gets bad enough.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say try the battery, or what Minh has to say above.

Another possibility would be electrical gremlins, especially with all the rainfall. Don't rule it out (search for it on here).