Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Portland area E85 locations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 06:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Portland area E85 locations

When I moved to town 5 years ago, there were four stations:

- Jay's Garage in downtown
- Space Age off Glisan near Gresham
- Olson Brothers off 205 near Clackamas
- Leather's Truck Stop off I-5 near Aurora

I pretty much have used Jay's Garage with occasional fill-ups at Leathers. A couple of month's ago, a friend reported to me that Space Age was no longer selling E85, and then this past week I found out that Leather's is gone. Even with my primary station still selling E85, these closures are a bit distressing for my alcohol addiction. Starting to wonder if there are other ways to E85 other than at filling stations.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would like to know the same thing...for about 200 miles North of you. To this point I haven't allowed myself to get addicted. Best of luck!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haven't checked all these out but worth giving them a call?

http://e85vehicles.com/e85-Oregon.htm

Just for curiosity I called Olson's & Jay's. Jay's is charging $4.47, while Olson's is only charging $3.84. Good luck.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 04:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Found this:

http://www.e98racing.com/for_sale.htm

If I understand the pricing and delivery fees, it comes to about $7.6/gallon if I were to buy three barrels. Ack!

And I read somewhere that English Racing sells drums of E98, probably obtained from the supplier above.

Jay's Garage price is annoying, but its convenient enough that I'm willing to pay.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Olson Brothers off 205 near Clackamas. Its off 99E in milwaukie.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

mrfred - what is the pricing @ Jay's garage? I'm just curious where prices are these days. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by yahu
mrfred - what is the pricing @ Jay's garage? I'm just curious where prices are these days. Thanks!
Its what APEXR said a few posts earlier - about $4.50/gallon. Its traditionally been significantly higher than other E85 stations the Portland area.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I have exclusively used Olsen for something like 8 or 9 years. I was an early convert from meth injection with BrianAWD and through the hundreds of untested gallons Ive used, I havent had a bad can a E85 yet.

Now I dont really push my cars tune or turbo like some guys so I might not be the best source of info here. But if its E70 or E85, I dont really care as much as others might. I just know I have never had a single issue with gunk build-up. Not one, and I think Brian can agree with the same.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I have exclusively used Olsen for something like 8 or 9 years. I was an early convert from meth injection with BrianAWD and through the hundreds of untested gallons Ive used, I havent had a bad can a E85 yet.

Now I dont really push my cars tune or turbo like some guys so I might not be the best source of info here. But if its E70 or E85, I dont really care as much as others might. I just know I have never had a single issue with gunk build-up. Not one, and I think Brian can agree with the same.
Is it your daily driver? I had gunk issues with non daily driving. Few times a months. After about 6-9 months inj were dirty.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 08:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Not my DD but I've gone thru several stages of street driven mileage. The evo now is pretty much 100% autocross. It hasn't seen pump gas in at least 2 years and maybe has 1000 street miles in the same.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Its what APEXR said a few posts earlier - about $4.50/gallon. Its traditionally been significantly higher than other E85 stations the Portland area.
ah, I didn't trust that guy.

I seriously brain-farted and didn't see that post.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
<---

Don't worry, we all have those days.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went hunting last week and more today and found the same issues as Mr. Fred. When I first started running E85 in my cars I went to all of the above spots for a fill up. Today I went to the following:
-Bob's Gas and Auto off 82nd- now an Arco
-Leathers Fuels, Aurora (my former "home" station) is now a Flying J and the guy kept telling me he had E87 and pointing at the pump gas handle
-Space Age off of Glisan; attendant said they have NEVER EVER sold E85; I used to fill up there on the way to through the Gorge
-Pilot Station in Bingen WA, my home station since moving out east; Farmers apparently complained and got a SECOND pure-92/ non E10 handle to replace the E85 handle (OMG WHY!?)
-Jay's, forgot they were closed on Sundays...

Ended up going to Olsen's. Nice young lady filled my car up and two 5 gallon cans. Guess I need to buy a 55 gallon drum for the garage...

Anywhere else I should be going? Rough first fill up hunt after being so excited to be back on the good-stuff. Wonder what happened... also, it made me feel damn old that the attendant at Space Age told me they NEVER sold E85 and that he'd been there for 3yrs. Was it that long ago I started into all of this mess with E85?

Edit: Paid $3.69 at Olsen's for what it's worth.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ so the bingen station no longer sells E85?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by uvambo
^ so the bingen station no longer sells E85?
That's correct. Suuuuucks. You'll have to fill up at Jay's garage in downtown Portland or in Vancouver. Not sure about the Vancouver location. I've been told that one exists, but its not on the afdc website:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html

Last edited by mrfred; Sep 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Portland area E85 locations