Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Nw toyrun 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nw toyrun 2014

“NW TOY RUN 2014"
Date: December 7th 2014
Time: 12:00pm -to- 4:00pm
Place: Pacific Raceways
Address:
Pacific Raceways
31001 144th Avenue Southeast,
Kent, WA 98042-4601
(253) 639-5927
pacificraceways.com
unopened toy, or $5, per person

TOYS FOR TOTS

YEP. THAT’S RIGHT! SUNDAY DEC. 7th 12:00pm AT PACIFIC RACEWAYS( Pacific Raceways -- Where the Excitement is Accelerating!
).

https://www.facebook.com/events/288947154628345/

This Event has been a delight to be part of for the last 10 Years!
We together have made thousands of children's Christmas days happier!!!!
I welcome you to come out and be a part of the wonderful excitement and fun that the North West Toy Run has to offer.

Last Year was Spectacular!!!!!!!
We Pasted the 3,000 car mark!!!!!!
Raised close to $150,000 in toys and money for the Toys for Tots!!!!
Had great people have great times, Seen a range of beautiful cars, had fun and games, and this year , of course will be even better!!!!!

For the last 4 years we have been hovering around the 100-150k mark, I believe we can hit the 200k at the start of this new decade of the NW TOYRUN!!!!!! Having 3,000+ cars from the ranges of beat up hoopties to Lamborghini's, Honda's to Rat Rods, 4x4's to motorcycles, I'm certain we can make that mark!!!!!!!!!!!

So, spread the word, come out and join us!!!!!! Lets Make History Again!!!
This event has been the single BIGGEST DONATION that the Toys for Tots get every year!!!!!!!! Be Proud to be Part of It!!!!!

Come on out as a group or alone, Drop off Toys or Donations, and Enjoy all the people and the fine automobiles that gather for this one day to make a difference in Children's Lives!!!!!

If you don't know what the NW TOYRUN is all about, do a google search, ask a friend, ask anyone that has gone, or simply just attend and you will never forget it!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL LAST 10 YEARS, AND TO THE NEXT 50 YEARS AHEAD!!!!!!

NW TOYRUN 2014
#nwtoyrun
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:31 AM
jcl

Didn't end up going to this last year because of previous years experience and having to deal with cops pulling groups over because people are being a-hats. Was last year better and cleaned up or is it still pretty disorganized? Rather not have to deal with it if its still having problems.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Not sure what you're talking about with being harassed. If you're being harasses by people doing stupid things, stop hanging out with those people.

I'm glad they have cops at events like these for the exact reasons that you're not. Cops there help keep it organized and not a stupid-fest.

All the cops I've seen at events like these and XXX have been cool and just there to keep the peace, not really interested in handing out tickets.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:13 PM
jcl

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Not sure what you're talking about with being harassed. If you're being harasses by people doing stupid things, stop hanging out with those people.

I'm glad they have cops at events like these for the exact reasons that you're not. Cops there help keep it organized and not a stupid-fest.

All the cops I've seen at events like these and XXX have been cool and just there to keep the peace, not really interested in handing out tickets.

Two years ago there were people pulling over to the side of the freeway and doing burnouts and other things. I ended up driving past them then having a group of 10 or so of us flagged over and accused of said hijinks. We were stopped for 30 minutes or so early in the drive and ended up just heading home afterwards since we were already in the back of the pack to start.

The issue was not with the police in any way. The issue was with people using this event to try to impress people driving their cars like idiots. If the event keeps getting bigger this type of stuff is only going to get worse until there is actual police involvement to manage intersections and have a constant presence. I'm not saying that the toy run itself is any way bad or unproductive but with an event this big it may be a good time to start seeing if we can get more organization than just meeting in a parking lot, blocking an intersection to get on the freeway then driving however people want to another parking lot.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

There is police involvement. There has been for at least the past two years directing traffic and such.

Protip: don't cruise with other people that you don't trust. That's why I go with 3-4 others and meet the rest of the people there
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
There is police involvement. There has been for at least the past two years directing traffic and such.

Protip: don't cruise with other people that you don't trust. That's why I go with 3-4 others and meet the rest of the people there
Don't want to derail this thread much further but from reading his example had nothing to do with cruising with people he didn't trust. He group was mistakenly identified as being part of another group. Years ago my buddy was at an earlier version of this event cruising with a set of Evos he knew when another silver Evo which they didn't know way ahead did some sillyness and he was pulled over and cuffed for it.

I agree having the cops there is a good idea and its good for safety but likewise if the event continues to attract some off the jokers it does and doesn't find a way to penalise/ban known offenders or make it easier to identify said offenders it will continue to keep some folks away from it.

Last edited by codgi; Oct 23, 2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, I suppose that you can't help others doing stupid things. Dashcammmmmm!

I also come in from i-90 and hwy 18 so i don't get to experience any of the douche-nozzles that come rolling in from the auburn direction (i.e. all of the kent street racers)
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yep. That being said Kettlman thanks for organizing this each year. I usually send toys via someone else who is going since I'm usually either not here or getting ready to leave for vacation.