Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Looking for an evo in seattle? Check out bellevue!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 09:00 AM
jcl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for an evo in seattle? Check out bellevue!

So its a pretty sad day that I traded in my evo to get something bigger and leaning more towards gas mileage. This does open up the opportunity for someone new to join the Evo family though!

I traded it in and looks like its already listed in their classifieds. I need to reach out to them today to let them know what all is on the car as it looks like they're using a stock image and configuration for the sale.

Bellevue VW has the car and they were awesome to deal with in buying the car. I highly recommend Andy as he was super laid back. The car is wicked white with ~51k miles on it. 2006 evo non MR or RS.

Car made ~360WHP and has been absolutely babied and garaged its whole life. I really wanted to put this in the hands of another person when I sold it but wasn't willing to have people come to my house and test drive the car. I still feel bad about that!

Modifications - ALL work was done by English racing. They are the only people I have trusted on this.

Lower intercooler pipe
Intake filter
Perrin Boost solenoid set to ~26/27 PSI (I don't remember ><)
Custom Slipfit 4" exhaust. This is my favorite part of the car. Has an absolutely savage sound to it but is super quiet until under load.
Wastegate/02 dump pipe
Clutch upgraded at time of build. Stock clutch was still fine but I was scared it would get shredded.
Upgraded Fuel pump (walboro 255lph) and injectors

Next steps and plans for the car were bigger FMIC and probably cams. The power it has is plenty currently though.

Maintenance has been kept up on the car. The only thing it may need is brake pads in the front as they haven't been changed since before I bought the car with 35k miles on it. The plan was to change those this winter before going in the garage for a few months ><. Oil changes every 3k miles and just did a coolant flush on it. No gear grinds which was very common when I was hunting for a car. It shifts like butter.

If you plan to look at it and have any questions feel free to reach out! It's very important that whoever buys this knows the details as you shouldn't modify it without re-tuning. I still feel bad about not selling to someone new coming into the Evo family. This thing was bulletproof for me and I already miss it. My wife compares it to Brian from Fast and furious going from his love of cars to a minivan =/.

I do plan to get a new car in the next few months through importing that may make me forget about this though! Hopefully this doesn't read like a plug for the dealership or anything. I loved this car and want someone new to love it like I did!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
How much did they give you for it as a trade in? Might help a potential buyer know the margins when negotiating.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 09:24 PM

I bought your car bro!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 09:25 PM

I saw the post Sunday morning and thought it was a good deal so I went to go get it. Bought it for 27k
I painted the rims black.
Will baby it just as you have, right now it's mainly my weekend car. Will build for more HP maybe mid to high 400s.

Car drives like new, but needs alignment, checked the brakes and they weren't installed to well but I fixed them. I changed fluids just to be safe, and engine bay was super clean.
What kind of clutch and injectors does it have? Wish I'd had more hp though doesn't really feel like 350whp I dunno maybe it's just me. Y no launch control :/

Last edited by youngbillpaxton; Sep 12, 2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
jesus you paid top dollar for that....lol

definitely shoulda asked what they paid him for it. probably 17-18k. they made a killing off that one
Old Sep 13, 2016, 02:30 PM

Ikr the car was actually for 24k but wat raised it up was 3 year warranty which was 3k