Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

60k Inspection

Old Feb 12, 2017, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
60k Inspection

((Dumb me, I went to the NorthWest sub forum, not the Pacific Northwest, mods if you can get the other deleted that's appreciated, link here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...nspection.html))

Well, my wife has decided to move us out to *somewhere not redmond because it's stupid expensive* and it was declared that I'm not allowed to put my kids on the back of the bike (Shameless plug for my duc). So, I decided to strike back and got myself an evo (a long time dream car). I'm excited for it and already love how it feels, I bought it yesterday.

That said, I made it through everything and almost the full hour drive home from Tacoma till I got my first warning, the S-AWC warning, seems pretty typical from what I've read. I also got the stabilizer warning. It's at 60k miles, figure it's time to take it in for it's 60k mile inspection (surprised by the listed prices for that, but hey I knew that going into this that I'd be working on it a lot).

That said, looking at the different mitsubishi shops it looks like I want to take down to the Auburn mitsubishi, but is there anyone else you guys would suggest that might be better? Maybe someone that tunes? I thought about English Racing till I realized they're all the way down by Portland and that'd be a heck of a haul for a car throwing two engine codes at me constantly.

So I guess in short, for the Seattle folk (who may or may not be around anymore ) any recommendations?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
AW Auto down in Auburn. I saw your ad on PNW Riders group on facebook yesterday for the ducati haha
Old Apr 18, 2017, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Drift-Office www.driftoffice.com
Old Apr 18, 2017, 05:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I actually dropped by down there when going to the auburn mitsubishi and talked with Will at A&W (inside Drift Office). I'm at the point now I'm fumbling for excuses to have him look at my car and make modification suggestions lol.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
If you don't need tuning and just need a good shop with does good work: http://www.westwerksauto.com/. My VIII has been going there for 10 years now with no issues. The X has been going there for the last 2 years.