Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Sold

Is this a scam...?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This topic has been beaten into the ground. It's obviously a scam. But remember, if you deposit the check and it bounces, you gotta pay the bouncing fee. There are only three ways that I would ever sell a car. Cash, Certfied Bank Check, or Paypal if you use ebay. Even if you use PayPal on ebay, I still would get a certified bank check for the majority of it.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude I got that same exact email. Im selling my mazdaspeed on autotrader and was sent the same exact email. It definately seemed shady to me, but the guy kept in contact with me for several days. He wanted more pics. Once they were sent, he said his client agreed to the price and he wanted my address so he could send the check. I responded saying that thats cool, but I want his name, the name of his company, the location, the "new phone number" of his office which he claimed has moved to a new location which is why he couldnt contact me by phone. This was over a week ago and he hasnt responded. I emailed him twice since and still no response. Be careful out there guys. This guys email address was eddycars2000@yahoo.com!!
Old May 14, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be warned and case closed, again!