Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

09 Lancer ES Sport - VT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Lancer ES Sport - VT

Hey Guys,

Figured I'd throw up a Build thread on my Car. Its a DD everyday to work...

Specs:
09 Lancer ES Sport ( GTS styling) (4B11 N/A) 5 speed

I started off with Getting some better tires for the car as I feel the stock 205/60/16 I felt were not wide enough and to tall lol...

So I went with a 225/55/16 Potenza Grid 019. They ride very well... and fill the wheel very nicely...

I then decided the stock Silver painted plastic Mitsubishi Sends the ES threw was not my style, and the GTS fake carbon was not ether... so I decided to do this instead

Then I decided the stock shift Knob was crap as it was sliding off the silver knob underneath so I installed a new one + an oil and Vac gauge as I like to know my oil pressure and well.. I had a vac leak that is finally found and fixed.

Then the Side markers on the Fenders needed some shade to make the car stand out more away from the others around me.

Then I found out a guy that lives 3 houses down from my own was walking buy at night and looking at my car, thus trying to copy it so... I went a little crazy

Painted the engine cover, fuse box and even powder coated the stock manifold heat shield, as well as Dipping the front and relocating the plate to the left as the stealership decided to drill holes in the front of the car to install it like all the others

At this point I decided enough with the Mods that make 0 Seance and decided to do the best mod one can do... Paid the car off with the Bank

After that I bought EvoScan and downloaded ECU Flash... I couldn't be more happy... I have had some luck tuning the car... I moved the Rev limiter to 7k as I like the Mi Vec sound. I also got the ECU to allow a launch control / 2 step... using the Idle Rev limiter at mph set at 0. I must say it works quite well though this summer will validate results...

Not last but not least installed a custom 2.5in exhaust from cat back with gutted cut... vid to fallow.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:23 AM

So are we turboing that thing soon or what??
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:11 AM

so far no turbo and probably never. though I have played with the idea of bigger injectors and a better fuel pump and a 50-75 wet shot... all requiring a tune but still not sure
Old Apr 23, 2014, 09:10 PM

update... Looking into Nitrous Express kit soon! weeee