Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Most-Wanted's NASCAR Camping World Truck

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Your cars have always been cool to see Brian, but this absolutely takes the cake. SO INCREDIBLY badass. Best of luck in your endeavors with it man!
Thanks. I've had pretty good luck in the past with cars turning out nice, hopefully this will have the same luck. I wish I could explain and show better how cool this thing really is. I'm amazed at how the pro's do it. The fab work and attention to detail is freaking awesome. The way the lexan is laid, tin work, latches, wiring, etc. It really is a piece of art. Now if I can just get it running lol... I know enough people now that it shouldn't be a problem. Everyone has been very helpful.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Cleaned up a bit. Fuel cell is in... Removed speed tape from all vents. I'll need as much cooling as I can get for the road course.

Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
You always out due your previous projects.

Love it!

Glad you're also doing it for the kids in for the updates.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
You always out due your previous projects.

Love it!

Glad you're also doing it for the kids in for the updates.
Thanks s.e.a.n.. I figure its a good way to enjoy something for myself but also touch some lives. If I can make one child smile for the day and forget about their troubles it will be very well worth it... I'll update with pics. Truck is pretty much tore apart right now.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

LOL... He says, "Dad, there is no seat. Go buy one so I can sit in here"

Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:38 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Awesome.

I can only imagine what your neighbors will think when you fire up a NASCAR style V8 to move the car into the trailer and whatnot.

Are you at all worried that NASCAR motors aren't generally designed to last more than 500-1000 miles?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Awesome.

I can only imagine what your neighbors will think when you fire up a NASCAR style V8 to move the car into the trailer and whatnot.

Are you at all worried that NASCAR motors aren't generally designed to last more than 500-1000 miles?
Thanks. Not worried about the neighbors. Am worried about the motors I'm talking with builders now. The motor will be detuned considerably. I will be running a 390 carb so power should be down to around 600. Trying to sort that out. I'm thinking I can build one to last. ??
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks. Not worried about the neighbors. Am worried about the motors I'm talking with builders now. The motor will be detuned considerably. I will be running a 390 carb so power should be down to around 600. Trying to sort that out. I'm thinking I can build one to last. ??
You can definitely build one to last... I race ASCS 360 sprint cars and our motors last the better part of the season. They are close to 800hp and run on straight methanol. So there is a lot of maintenance but they are reliable. So I don't think building a reliable motor is an issue. Good luck sir!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jaybird09
You can definitely build one to last... I race ASCS 360 sprint cars and our motors last the better part of the season. They are close to 800hp and run on straight methanol. So there is a lot of maintenance but they are reliable. So I don't think building a reliable motor is an issue. Good luck sir!
Very cool. My dad works with the number 59 World of Outlaw sprint car team driven by Jac Haudenchild.

I'm sure I can build one to last. It won't be running 9K rpms for 2 hours anyways. I'm just gonna try and build for 500-600 reliable hp. I have pulled all the tungsten weight out and will lighten it up as much as possible. Hoping for right at 3000#. I don't need a ton of power to have fun. Thanks for your input. I need some reassurance I look at it and think dAyum this thing is cool but also think did I bite off more than I can chew lol.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Small update... Truck is now a complete rolling chassis. Replaced all the left turn stuff with equal stuff. Spindles are custom high caster road course spindles and are $3800 a set :0 I didn't pay that but that's cost on them. Truck is coming along though. Just about every bolt, monoball, pin/bushing is new. Truck will go to NC to have motor installed and paint. Looking for sponsors now who may want their name on the truck. It will get a lot of publicity. I have already contacted one charity and we are a go for that event at Sebring. Any interest shoot me a pm.

Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Were you able to source a TRD motor or are you going with a SBC?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Were you able to source a TRD motor or are you going with a SBC?
Sorry for the late reply. I bought a TRD Phase 14 motor. Motor only has 100 laps on it. It went to Iowa and Homestead. Accident first race and clutch failure second is why it only has 100 laps.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is awesome. All I have to say.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
This is awesome. All I have to say.
Thanks. Few more hi res pics before it's installed.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lol @ this truck sitting in your driveway...Your neighbors are probably like wtf!! How many have talked to you about the truck?

Quick Reply: Most-Wanted's NASCAR Camping World Truck