Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great man!

Renato
Team TWM Performance
Old Mar 25, 2015, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks, I will try and get some new pics up this weekend, I was out of town all last weekend...

Attached Thumbnails Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red3.jpg  

Last edited by Fast_Freddie; Sep 1, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Update...

Installed new front wheel hub and cat and took it to get inspected! Car is now legal to drive and I have been trying to enjoy it, but with my work schedule and working on the black evo tht hasn't left much time..

Car has a small tranny/tcase leak, more than likely the two oring that separate the two... so need to get that taken care of as well...

Also have an electrical issue, the parking lights come on as soon as the ignition key is switched to the on position, been trying to track that down, but haven't had much time to mess with it... I did solder all the wires together in the driver foot well, but no luck with that... it is like a relay is stuck and causing the issue, I took out the 12V 40A fuse and it worked so I have some work to do...

Anyway on to the updated pics!

Attached Thumbnails Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red.jpg   Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red4.jpg   Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red1.jpg   Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red5.jpg   Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project-red2.jpg  

Last edited by Fast_Freddie; Mar 31, 2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great work! Car looks really good.
Have any better pics of the front lip?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
After going waay to far into my first Evo and selling it, I've always wanted to pick up a cheap VIII that needs work and DD it. Looking great!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
After going waay to far into my first Evo and selling it, I've always wanted to pick up a cheap VIII that needs work and DD it. Looking great!
That is the main reason I got this one, the first one was built and has 65k on the build and is in dire need of a refresh... needed something else to drive while it is down looked at a bunch of other cars but nothing tickled my fancy quite like the evo...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good stuff. keep it up.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look good man. Will be watching.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
You should totally do that!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Small update for today... Fixed my electrical gremlin issue...I turned the ignition to on and started to pull fuses, and as soon as I pull up the radio fuse the parking lights went out... took the radio out and noticed whoever installed the aftermarket radio in the car spliced the illumination wire to the switched 12V power wire for the radio... This caused a ton of issues and I was even more worried last night because after I started up the car and let it warm up a bit I turned on the lights and the car died... it started back up, but still knew something had a bad current draw... Anyway, disconnected the illumination wire and all is well... while I was doing that I noticed that someone had vampire spliced into the ignition harness for the turbo timer that I ripped out of the car the first day I was working on it. I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but I had to depin that connector and put heat shrink over the wires as well to prevent arcing and sparking

Last thing on the list will be my least favorite... removing the t-case to install new O-rings and seal to fix the leak between the tranny and t-case...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
That is the main reason I got this one, the first one was built and has 65k on the build and is in dire need of a refresh... needed something else to drive while it is down looked at a bunch of other cars but nothing tickled my fancy quite like the evo...
Originally Posted by IzzyRS
You should totally do that!
I almost did get another! However, I needed something with a bit more cargo/towing capability, so I ended up with an 07 Forester Sports XT (5sp, 2.5 with a TD04). So it was a bit of a compromise but I can't say I regretted it. Oh, and its STOCK!

Will look for more updates, Freddie.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

I almost did get another! However, I needed something with a bit more cargo/towing capability, so I ended up with an 07 Forester Sports XT (5sp, 2.5 with a TD04). So it was a bit of a compromise but I can't say I regretted it. Oh, and its STOCK!

Will look for more updates, Freddie.
I was looking at Forester XTs, but almost all the ones around the area had super high mileage, and I and not too comfortable working on Subarus, so I always passed... I was also trying to find a Saabaru wagon as well, but same issue... The one car I would have gotten in a heartbeat had I been able to find one in good condition and not grossly overpriced was an 89-91 Civic 4 door wagon with AWD... I had one back in the day and it was a great car, especially for a daily...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03-04 Outlander! Cheap AWD 2003 have the 4G64 auto. I believe you can bump up the hp quite a bit without trouble. I just bought evo front hubs and brembos to lower mine down for a tighter ride.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has crossed my mind quite a few times to get another Evo for a DD...then the reality sat in that the wife would divorce me and end up with both of the Evo's.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Update for today, troubleshot the keyless entry system... looks like I need a new driver door lock actuator... not sure if I want to purchase a new one or pop the old one apart and replace the motor in it...

Quick Reply: Fast_Freddie's new heap... daily project