Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

eclipse / evo8

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
That steering wheel tho. Lol looks like it's hard to turn.
Nope i can use my fingers and still drive like a bat out hell if i want too. lol
Old May 6, 2016, 12:38 PM

Ok so today the cylinder head came in they included a valve cover for no extra cost but it didn't survive the trip. Fed ex broke it lol At least I already have one lol. For the head I investigated it it has the hks amo3 and am 04 Stamped on it. So it's 272s now I have just get my valves I want and not these stock ones and bronze valve guides installed. Also change my cam gears. Man what a deal. I can polish this other thermostat n housing n end up either selling it or holding on to it or trade it. Overall a terric deal. Ohh I gotta swith my springs and retainers this one is stock ones glad I have the titanium ones from the other one. Just saved a great deal of extra dough due to this.

Stock springs on this one

No ****ed holes. Just need to remove the studs.

It has it all

Old May 6, 2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
not that ive really looked, but i haven't ever seen a 3g eclipse converted to AWD. Would you care share some links with the stuff your researching?
Hey we have several guys on the club3gforum who went awd. Bostonhatcher is one of them and he did a well detailed thread on his project.
Old May 6, 2016, 05:10 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by ghosteye36
Hey we have several guys on the club3gforum who went awd. Bostonhatcher is one of them and he did a well detailed thread on his project.
Thanks for that info, i found his build thread, very very cool. One thing that did stand out to me was a comment he made in post #71

"I would HIGHLY recommend no one take on this project unless you can do ANYTHING to a car. Welding, rewiring a harness, turning wrenches, rebuilding trannies, rear ends, and motors. You have to be able to do everything to do a swap such as this. If not, then the project just won't be able to be completed or you'll be breaking **** or it just won't run and you'll have to learn how to do whatever you ****ed up which could take a long time and you'll be spending lots of money fixing your ****ups."

This seems to contrast a little bit with the straight forwardness that this swap was being presented as. Still if you have time/money/effort you can do pretty much anything.
Old May 6, 2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Thanks for that info, i found his build thread, very very cool. One thing that did stand out to me was a comment he made in post #71

"I would HIGHLY recommend no one take on this project unless you can do ANYTHING to a car. Welding, rewiring a harness, turning wrenches, rebuilding trannies, rear ends, and motors. You have to be able to do everything to do a swap such as this. If not, then the project just won't be able to be completed or you'll be breaking **** or it just won't run and you'll have to learn how to do whatever you ****ed up which could take a long time and you'll be spending lots of money fixing your ****ups."

This seems to contrast a little bit with the straight forwardness that this swap was being presented as. Still if you have time/money/effort you can do pretty much anything.
True.. At this time and moment all I care about is building my engine swap. I told them I wasn't going to do the AWD. I don't care about that AWD at the moment lol. Yeah a lot of the people up there seem to not have much experience. But there is a female name sillec or something like that and shes busting her *** working her car. Thats cool to see too.
Old May 7, 2016, 06:49 PM

Okay so today after practicing earlier wit the old head on polishing two chamber ports I decided to tear this fresh head down. Lord n behold I find faults.they rebuild this very ****ty lol.oh well... So I have to buy the bronze valve guides standard ones and have the installed. I came across 4 stress crack valve guides in the exhaust area and the valves were regrinded.So typical issues to fix. So next month or so I'll order the ferrera 6000 STD valves n bronze valves. Then get the gsc zero tick lifters. What a process lol.

They sprayed n did nothing lol. So i decide to play n clean it.

Cleaned wait tobe polished

The trash head with two chambers practiced on.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:31 PM

okay so everything is still moving slightly slow. School break enjoyed and yesterday was the beginning of hell in Strategic financial analysis. Or maybe I'm just worn out from school and need a damn break. Well i know for sure I'll wait til I graduate in Feb. and after not no more degrees. I 'm tired. lol
Otherwise I have installed my bronze guides and loving the looks of it. Now I have to sell the tools i used so I can get a reamer like now instead of waiting til i get paid in the middle of June lol. I must say I feel like Old Henry form the railroads cause banging on the guides with my hand and knocking them in to the specific dial was tiring lmao. But it was done. So I have to reamer the guides to get the intake guides to fit smoothly and re polish my ports and chamber more. Later next month i can order the new valves I decided to change my mind and keep it all stoptech so I'm getting the standard stoptech valves with incolnel exhaust valves. After all that i can focus on buying more stuff for this build.

on the last one

Last edited by ghosteye36; May 26, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 09:00 PM

I know its been a while and so as i move along ill be documenting as much as I can. Well school has overtaken my life and i'm about to graduate finally in feb (3 more terms after this one coming up) after all these fnin years to achieve my goal in education lol. Anyhow lets get to it. I have my tubular headers I got from MaPerformance the rev9. I like em. However i have to get a stud (on order from STM) so that i an get the rear left side bolted up its tooo tight for the stock bolt to go to it due to the design. lol Here's a picture and remember my head for the car is put up for now and i'm using the one that was useable as an mock up. Okay guys here's a picture.

Old Aug 20, 2016, 09:28 PM

As of today 08/20/2016 i have kept the maintenance on this car and updated on some installs. As we know i replace the transmission gear linkage arm and the shifter cables, and shifter cables bushings with aluminum ones (black). Now I also finally installed the brembos but i had fitment issues due to my rims so i had to modify the rims in the front and cut all the bolts at least 3 threads back to fit perfectly to hub and calipers. I also trimmed some of the front calipers a tad and used a wheel spacer. So i have to repaint them again. Any how i also later have to trim the rear rims to clear the front calipers so when its time to rotate them the they will have no fitting issues then repaint the inner rear of the rims. beyond that im happy and it drives so much stiffer and consistent in shifting. The stopping is on point whoooo.

Last edited by ghosteye36; Aug 20, 2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 04:56 PM

I'm back. As i said this build is a bit slow lol. At the time school is more important and my physical therapy. Although as a true soldier I know I will always be I never give in to weakness. At the moment i'm waiting to bore my bottom end to .20 degrees. I'm researching areas near me like UMS performance shop and RNR Machine shop. I'm buying the Manely turbo tuff Rods every two weeks one by one and then i'll be buying the K62787AP Wesico pistons. Later get me my FP Black i rather do it with tht then this 16g. Once all is done i can sell my parts not been used.

The real heads were wrapped til i got the cams so I re wrapped them and put them away til its time.

here i test fitted the flywheel with the old oem flywheel bolts in which i will use new ones after boring and re conditioning the crank shaft. Got my 4G64 bottom end for $100. Now its stripped totally. lol

Last edited by ghosteye36; Nov 14, 2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 21, 2017, 09:30 PM

My pistons and I be rods this project is on a roll now that I got more stuff.
UDATE... I been in a car accident and had to redo my front end. Since Im here I bought a Chevy avalanche since my last post on this thread. So my bottom end is now making small progress. I will go to UMS tuning performance shop and have them to file my oil ring gaps properly and install them on my pistons. Then once done I will begin putting all my new parts in the bottom end. I replaced everything down to the crankshaft. Also I need to get a evo 8 oil pan and oil line. Thanks to misunderstood and evotuner04 I have two water pipes so I don't have to hunt down a discontinued part. Still have a few odds and ends to buy before putting motor together and actually having to have my car down for fabricated pipes, down pipe, and a evo8 flash and tune. Also I will update my list when I have time.😆
Old May 21, 2017, 09:32 PM

My pistons and I beam rods this project is on a roll now that I got more stuff.
UDATE... I been in a car accident and had to redo my front end. Since Im here I bought a Chevy avalanche since my last post on this thread. So my bottom end is now making small progress. I will go to UMS tuning performance shop and have them to file my oil ring gaps properly and install them on my pistons. Then once done I will begin putting all my new parts in the bottom end. I replaced everything down to the crankshaft. Also I need to get a evo 8 oil pan and oil line. Thanks to misunderstood and evotuner04 I have two water pipes so I don't have to hunt down a discontinued part. Still have a few odds and ends to buy before putting motor together and actually having to have my car down for fabricated pipes, down pipe, and a evo8 flash and tune. Also I will update my list when I have time.😆
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:58 AM

Hey what's good everyone. Sorry I been on lately. Busy with life. I can be reached Instagram as oneoff3g. Alot has been going on for me. I'm in the process of moving to abigger home with a garage to do my project n try to actually set shop for composite fabrication. Here is a picture of my turbo manifold OEM style for the evo8 setup for my eclipse with a 3" clearance from exhaust flange to the turbo flange to prevent using spacers. It's still in progress to be polished and welded.

A peek shot for now.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 08:24 PM

Here's the final product of my custom evo8 manifold specifically for my 4g64. The progress of tis build is slow but yet it's getting done. Tmajor custom parts left which has to wait till I get the mock-up motor set in place in the car to have my down pipe made and then get my intercooler piping. Guess I will sale my original evo8 turbo manifold cause I can't use unless I use up to 4 spacers...nooonoono. smh lol.

Half way there mock-up bottom end.

Custom manifold and turbo side.

Fuel injectors are 750cc by precision they are only on top like this for the pic only.

Old Dec 10, 2017, 06:42 PM

still in progress

Last edited by ghosteye36; Dec 10, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: eclipse / evo8