Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/9802403

Up for sale is a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, clean title.

Asking price is $18,750.

To give a brief history on this car, I owned a 2008 Evo X previous to this. I sold that in order to get rid of debt and purchase a home. As soon I sold it I told my self I would look for the right Evo 8 and buy it out right. The process was long and tedious and I went through many cars I found online and on the forums until I found exactly what I was looking for. This car.

I flew to Hamilton Ohio to pick up and drove it back to Utah. In the middle of getting all of the paperwork ready and finalizing the deal the previous owner of the car, whom I’m still in contact with, got hit on the freeway on the right passenger side. The damage was sustained in the passenger door, passenger corner panel, and part of the front bumper. This obviously delayed the process since he had to get it fixed and I didn’t mind because he sent plenty of pictures of the accident, repairs, and insurance summary so I was not afraid to pull the trigger one bit. I purchased the car with about 54,000 miles on the car and registered it with about 56k since I drove it back and had it for a month or so before I registered in Utah. The car currently sits at around 60,208 miles.

As you can see, I have babied it and that’s without me telling you what I’ve done to it. I purchased this car because it had the fundamentals I was looking for. When I bought it, the previous owner popped the 4G63 in it and decided to go with:

Motor:
-4G64 Block
-Fully Built 2.4l Stoker from Slow Boy Racing.
-Manley H beam rods
-Manley Pistons
-BC 272 cams

Drivetrain:
-Shepherd transmission stage 1
-Built transfer case from Spec Ops Motorsports
-ACT sprung 6 puck clutch kit

He sold it half way though building it because he got engaged and was finishing school and just couldn’t afford the build any more. After I purchased it, I immediately picked up from where he left off and started adding supporting mods like:

-Intercooler piping kit with a Tial Q 50mm BOV from PPI
-Front Mount Intercooler from PPI’s race car from their shop.
-DW300 in tank pump and DW 1350 injectors
-Kenne Bell Boost a Pump

I got it ready by adding all supporting mods and also turned it into an e85 beast. Obviously cold air intake exhaust and stuff like that have been added so I won’t go into too much detail, but you can ask if you want.

Now for the cool part, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a sweet deal I found for a Twin Scroll T4 GT4088R with a 1.06 A/R hot side turbo and I also got a tubular manifold from this guy out of Florida (honestly can’t remember the name of his shop but they have held great and no cracks or leaks). I wanted to maintain the cars stock appearance and feel so we custom built the down pipe in order to retain the AC, that’s right…. You have AC with this car.

But that wasn’t enough, I wanted to be different. I wanted something Unique for my build. So I started doing research on how to spool that puppy faster and I learned about Quick Spool Valves that Supras and other big boys where using. I don’t want to sound or come of as a dick but if you don’t know what they are I’m not going to take the time to explain how they work. The only problem with the QSV was the fact that it added a 2 to 3 inch plate between the manifold and the turbo and you couldn’t have a twin scroll manifold and twin scroll housing on the hot side of the turbo. So obviously that wouldn’t work for my set up.

But then, my best friend found this guy with something super bad ***. A very similar concept but built into the hot side housing of the turbo. This eliminated the added plate, need for custom manifold, and the down side to not being able to use a fully twin scroll set up. So I shipped it to him and he went to work with my housing and his CNC machine. He was very eager to do this since he had never done one for an Evo, only big displacement cars.

To this day, I haven’t came across another evo on any forum that has this type of set up or even a quick spool valve. I’m sure you’ll have a lot of questions about how it works and stuff like that so for those are truly interested, have a basic understanding of cars, and have the funds readily available to purchase this car I’d be more than happy to discuss this further.

The premature testing of this device showed spool gains of 200 to 400rpms sooner, increased psi from 2 to 7 psi (depending on what gear and what rpm) and obviously increased torque from it throughout the power band.

Here is a link to the video we made briefly explaining how it works and a link to a local forum on the topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BdLRiYq03g
http://www.utahpace.com/forums/showt...o-8-with-4088R

As far as suspension goes, it only has the Tein Springs and as the pictures will show the car seems to almost be stock. To the naked untrained eye that is I was getting ready to dyno this car this car season and hopefully take it to the ¼ mile to see what it would trap but unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to do so yet.

The only things that need fixing with this car as it sits, are a bad factory oil switch which is in the back of the block and is causing the light to constantly be on in the dash. I’m not worried about it because I have an oil gauge and monitor that like a hawk along with my AFRs. Also, the idle pulley is starting to randomly squeak so I’ll fix that too if buyer wants me to or I’ll take off $200 dollars since the pulley is $50 and I already have the oil switch in hand.

Oh I forgot to mention, I do all my own tuning in it as well. My AFRs are 11.3 to 11.5 throughout and from what I can see using Virtual Dyno I’ve managed to reach MBT. Another reason I wanted to jump on a dyno, to confirm this. Boost is adjusted by an AEM tru boost gauge and is maxed out at 33 psi…. on a 4088R turbo…. Doesn’t feel bad at all I've done all boost leak tests, and leak down tests as well and everything is tip top notch condition.

I’m selling my car because as we all know, life hits you with unexpected things and right now it’s just not the time for me to have money invested and tied up in a car like this which I rarely (once in a blue moon, and if the weather is perfect) drive. I’m sure the future buyer of this will have questions and I’m sure I forgot to add mods that this car has so I will start adding mods to the bottom of this as I remember or people ask. Please don’t waste your time or my time if you are not ready, or eligible to purchase this car. I have title in hand, Please call 801-830-7249 with any questions. Thanks for looking and have a great day! A lot more pics to come, but here’s a teaser!

Mods I forgot:
BC 272 cams
AEM afr gauge
Running on MAF since I didn’t do the speed density conversion this winter 
Tial 44mm MVR Wastegate

Attached Thumbnails RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!-evo1.jpg   RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!-evo2.jpg   RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!-evo3.jpg   RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!-evo4.jpg   RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!-evo5.jpg  

Last edited by criptballer; Jun 2, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:11 PM

Free bump for a clean well built car. Glws
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could you at least clean all the bugs off the front to show how clean it is lol. Bump for a clean car and honest guy. GLWS
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You're welcome.

Up for sale is a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, clean title.

Asking price is $19,500.

To give a brief history on this car, I owned a 2008 Evo X previous to this. I sold that in order to get rid of debt and purchase a home. As soon I sold it I told my self I would look for the right Evo 8 and buy it out right. The process was long and tedious and I went through many cars I found online and on the forums until I found exactly what I was looking for. This car.

I flew to Hamilton Ohio to pick up and drove it back to Utah. In the middle of getting all of the paperwork ready and finalizing the deal the previous owner of the car, whom I’m still in contact with, got hit on the freeway on the right passenger side. The damage was sustained in the passenger door, passenger corner panel, and part of the front bumper. This obviously delayed the process since he had to get it fixed and I didn’t mind because he sent plenty of pictures of the accident, repairs, and insurance summary so I was not afraid to pull the trigger one bit. I purchased the car with about 54,000 miles on the car and registered it with about 56k since I drove it back and had it for a month or so before I registered in Utah. The car currently sits at around 60,208 miles.

As you can see, I have babied it and that’s without me telling you what I’ve done to it. I purchased this car because it had the fundamentals I was looking for. When I bought it, the previous owner popped the 4G63 in it and decided to go with:

Motor:
-4G64 Block
-Fully Built 2.4l Stoker from Slow Boy Racing.
-Manley H beam rods
-Manley Rods (I think you mean pistons)

Drivetrain:
-Shepherd transmission stage 1
-Built transfer case from Spec Ops Motorsports
-ACT sprung 6 puck clutch kit

He sold it half way though building it because he got engaged and was finishing school and just couldn’t afford the build any more. After I purchased it, I immediately picked up from where he left off and started adding supporting mods like:

-Intercooler piping kit with a Tial Q 50mm BOV
-Front Mount Intercooler from PPI’s race car from their shop.
-DW300 in tank pump and DW 1350 injectors

I got it ready by adding all supporting mods and also turned it into an e85 beast. Obviously cold air intake exhaust and stuff like that have been added so I won’t go into too much detail, but you can ask if you want.

Now for the cool part, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a sweet deal I found for a Twin Scroll T4 GT4088R with a 1.06 A/R hot side turbo and I also got a tubular manifold from this guy out of Florida (honestly can’t remember the name of his shop but they have held great and no cracks or leaks). I wanted to maintain the cars stock appearance and feel so we custom built the down pipe in order to retain the AC, that’s right…. You have AC with this car.

But that wasn’t enough, I wanted to be different. I wanted something Unique for my build. So I started doing research on how to spool that puppy faster and I learned about Quick Spool Valves that Supras and other big boys where using. I don’t want to sound or come of as a dick but if you don’t know what they are I’m not going to take the time to explain how they work. The only problem with the QSV was the fact that it added a 2 to 3 inch plate between the manifold and the turbo and you couldn’t have a twin scroll manifold and twin scroll housing on the hot side of the turbo. So obviously that wouldn’t work.

But then, my best friend found this guy with something super bad ***. A very similar concept but built into the housing of the turbo. This eliminated the added plate, need for custom manifold, and the down side to not being able to use a fully twin scroll set up. So I shipped it to him and he went to work with my housing and his CNC machine. He was very eager to do this since he had never done one for an Evo, only big displacement cars.

To this day, I haven’t came across another evo on any forum that has this type of set up or even a quick spool valve. I’m sure you’ll have a lot of questions about how it works and stuff like that so for those are truly interested, have a basic understanding of cars, and have the funds readily available to purchase this car I’d be more than happy to discuss this further.

The premature testing of this device showed spool gains of 200 to 400rpms sooner, increased psi from 2 to 7 psi (depending on what gear and what rpm) and obviously increased torque from it throughout the power band.

Here is a link to the video we made briefly explaining how it works and a link to a local forum on the topic:
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks! ^

and dallin, i plan on cleaning it up and taking pics this weekend haha
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:55 PM

nice

nice car man sounds good
Old May 1, 2012, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by criptballer
Thanks! ^

and dallin, i plan on cleaning it up and taking pics this weekend haha
Nice you should bring it out to the RSD Meet
Old May 3, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
Nice you should bring it out to the RSD Meet

That's excatly what i'm doing gotta promote it right, and what better place haha.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Bump!
Old May 9, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old May 9, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

get this rig sold!
Old May 11, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

ttt!
Old May 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old May 21, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

lets get this sold!
Old May 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

was this dyno tuned, how much power are u making with current setup ?

Quick Reply: RR 2.4L 4g64 e85 Quick Spool Valve and Built Evo 8 For Sale!