Notices
For Sale - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG

$1400 Ported Garrett GT3076r Ball Bearing Turbo (.94 A/R Twinscroll Turbine Housing) SOLD
Considering all reasonable offers
(Typically $2095 New without portwork or SS oil feed line)

This turbo was used for about 20k miles on it total between 2 cars but is in great shape as you can see by the pictures. I managed to get as much as 400 whp @ 27 psi on the STM Mustang Dyno out of this turbo (440 whp DynoJet or 525 crank HP) which is good for low 11's @ 122-123 mph in a 3400 lb car assuming a good launch. I could get this turbo to spool to 20 psi in 4th around 3500-3600 rpm depending on which exhaust manifold and MIVEC settings were in use which is reasonable for this size turbo. It also has excellent transient response thanks to the dual ball bearing center housing along with improved durability compared to standard journal bearing turbos.

The Turbo is setup for use with an external wastegate O2 Downpipe such as the ATP with TIAL or MAP with Compgate40 external wastegates. I ended up porting the turbo before placing it on Dr Seto's One Lap of America Evo X MR in 2011 and it really performed well for them, definitely better than when it was unported.

I included the last known Dyno sheet on the turbo, sadly I didn't have RPM selected as the unit of measurement but you can get an idea of the nice power under the curve this turbo can deliver. The compressor and turbine wheels are in perfect condition and there is no excessive shaft play. That said I priced this turbo with getting a rebuild and/or GTX wheel upgrade installed sometime in the future. It didn't burn any oil and was working 100% fine on Dr. Seto's Evo X MR but he wanted a 500 whp+ turbo setup on his car for Road Racing.

Parts included:
-Stainless Steel Oil Feed Line (Replaces stock setup and restrictor in turbo feed side)
-Oil Return Line with new gasket (be sure to apply oil to O-Ring on block side)
-Coolant Feed and Return Lines
-Ported Compressor Inlet Pipe

You can find detailed instructions on the installation of this turbo here:
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/help/pd...structions.pdf

As with any aftermarket turbo upgrade you will want to get larger injectors, fuel pump, and other supporting mods to make full use of this turbo. Typically on pump gas 800cc-1000cc fuel injectors, 255 LPH fuel pump, and full bolt-ons will work well. If you were to go with an E85 setup which could support another 40-50 whp you would want 1100cc-1300cc fuel injectors and a 300 LPH capable fuel pump.

$500 ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm Wastegate SOLD
(Typically $820 New with TIAL 44mm WG)

This O2 DP combo integrates the use of a TIAL 44mm Wastegate for better boost control. This worked great with the Garrett GT30 turbo and bypasses the need for an Internal WGA that typically fails at holding boost throughout the RPM range even with stiffer actuators. This also avoided the issue where the turbo internal wastegate shafts would snap off over time or not be consistent when exposed to high heat. I was also going to have STM fabricate an external dump tube setup for this DP but never got it done so I will include that hardware as well. This Stainless Steel Downpipe also retains the factory O2 housing support bolt location and has a flex section to keep vibration from causing your turbo to manifold bolts from backing out.

Parts included:
-Turbo side SS O2 housing to Turbo gasket
-3" Gasket for 2 bolt exhausts
-Piping and v-band clamp hardware for conversion to external dump tube.

$1750 Ported Garrett GT3076r BB Turbo & 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm Wastegate Package Deal
(Typically $2900+ New) SOLD

Prices do not include shipping, message me with zip code to get a quote.

I will cover any Paypal fees.
Attached Thumbnails Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-garrett-gt3076r.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-garrett-gt3076r-compressor.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-garrett-gt3076r-turbine.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-402-whp-354-wtq-stm-mustang-dyno-gt30.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-atp-o2-dp-44mm-tial.jpg  

Last edited by Hiboost; Jul 15, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Additional Pictures of the ATP O2 DP with TIAL 44mm Wastegate along with the custom external dump tube pipes.
Attached Thumbnails Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-atp-o2-dp-44mm-tial-2.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-atp-o2-dp-44mm-tial-3.jpg   Garrett GT3076r Turbo & ATP 3" SS Downpipe with TIAL 44mm WG-custom-dump-tube-pipes.jpg  

Last edited by Hiboost; Jul 4, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Sunday Bump
Old Jul 8, 2014, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Dropped asking prices from $1500 for GT30 turbo to $1450 and ATP downpipe from $600 to $550.

Package Price now at $1850 for a ball bearing bolt in turbo kit with TIAL wastegate!

If you wanted similar power with a ball bearing center section you could spend upwards of $2500 for an FP Red and then add in more for an oil supply line and $400-$500 for an O2 Downpipe plus $150-200 for a good internal Wastegate Actuator! That's like $3100-$3200 range for a similar setup.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb Twinscroll, exhaust pressures and wastegates

Someone on the "other" Evo X Forums asked if having the wastegate on the Downpipe effected spool or boost control compared to an Internal Wastegate or External mounted on the manifold. Figured I would share the answer since others may have the same questions:

That is a good question, honestly in my testing it was spooling at 20 psi in 4th at 3500 with the internal wastegate and stock manifold. Then when I switched to the full-race manifold and external wastegate setup to resolve the broken internal WG flapper amazingly it spooled at 3600. Since moving to a tubular manifold usually drops about 100 rpm spool it really doesn't seem to effect it that much.

I think the main exhaust flow is still hitting the turbine blades at high velocity in the twin scroll entry to the turbine and then excess pressure flows together near the wastegate area but doesn't hurt spool because the external wastegate is still closed. Likely the exhaust pressures are flowing into that dead end WG passage and countering each other but not significantly disrupting flow to the turbine in the main twin scroll turbine area. Probably the portwork I've done helps promote flow into the turbine as well because I left the wastegate passages untouched.

Where it would hurt spool for sure is if you didn't use a proper gasket that allowed exhaust pressure to leak past the external wastegate area into the main exhaust flow bypassing the turbo before reaching full boost, then you would definitely see a drop in turbo spool and response because it would act as if the wastegate was always cracked open. This would happen if you used a stock gasket with no material separating the main turbo exit from the wastegate exit. That's why you would use a stainless steel gasket such as the one I've included with the downpipe that keeps all exhaust flow going through the turbine until full boost is reached.

As far as boost control the internal wastegate passages still flowed enough to the external wastegate to allow boost levels to be kept as low as 20 psi through the entire RPM range. On 91 octane pump gas you can easily run 24 psi on this turbo and on 93 octane 28 psi works fine so there shouldn't be any need to port out the internal wastegate passages to allow running any lower boost levels.

Hopefully that answers your questions!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Replied to all PM's.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Dropped price $50 each.