Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FS: Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass

***Please edit this post to be in compliance with the new FS rules or else it will be deleted, thanks***
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...uncements.html

Background:
A lot of Evo owners can't stand the factory flip mirror in a $40k car. This gives you guys with a V1 an excellent option to gain a multitude of features on something you will never find on another car. This is a direct bolt on for the Evo X. Evo 8's and 9's require a different windshield anchor.

I was able to get a hold of a very special type of mirror that allows light to shine through but hides whatever is behind it when turned off. It was a rather expensive piece of hardware but it one of the only types of mirrors made by Gentex which allows these conversions to be done. Gentex is the company that manufactures the Homelink Brand mirrors.

Features
Auto-Dimming
Homelink Garage Door Openers
3-Axis Compass
Integrated Remote Display for the Valentine 1 Radar Detector

Every stock feature of the mirror still functions just like stock, except now the V1 display is integrated into the mirror. This does not replace the Valentine 1 Radar Detector. It simply allows the user to mount the display in a more hidden position in the vehicle.

Remote Display
To allow for increased recognition time and ease of use, the band indicators were changed to Blue for X band, Green for K band, Yellow for Ka band, and Red for laser. The color scheme indicating an increase in severity.

To continue the threat indicator theme, the colors of the signal strength indicator were changed from all red to 2 green, 2 yellow, and 4 red.

This allows the user to simply glance at the display and back to the road due to being to associate not just a certain, but now a visible color for each radar band.

Pictures

At certain angles, the display is slightly visible under direct light.

The mirror now has a plug for the V1 cord and the stock wiring harness. This allows the mirror to be modular for easy installation. The red button functions as the mute and mode button, just as the stock V1 button functions.

There will be a wiring harness included with the mirror. Three simple wires, Power, Switch, and Ground. All mirror functions are contained within the mirror. Installation can be performed by your local car audio shop. This unit is wired the exact same way the stock Valentine 1 Remote Display works with the hardwire kit included with every Valentine 1 Radar Detector.

Price
This includes the mirror, wiring harness and 1 year warranty as described below. This sale does not include a Valentine 1 Radar Detector.

$399 shipped with insurance to any of the continental 48 states. If using paypal, please be prepared to cover the 3% fee.

Warranty
This warranty covers labor and selective parts. This warranty does not cover broken, scratched, or chipped glass. This warranty does not cover failure of any component related to user abuse, negligence, or carelessness. This warranty does cover defects due to workmanship or faulty Valentine 1 components. This warranty is not transferable from the original buyer.

Options
I do have one more mirror I will be converting other than this one. I am able to change the color of the compass display, any of the V1 display, or the status leds on the mirror. If the current color scheme is not suitable, please send a PM with exactly what you would like.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

-Acree
Attached Thumbnails FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass-dscn1177.jpg   FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass-dscn1179.jpg   FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass-dscn1195.jpg   FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass-dscn1198.jpg   FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass-dscn1199.jpg  

Last edited by Acree; Feb 15, 2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

FS: Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass

Background:
A lot of Evo owners can't stand the factory flip mirror in a $40k car. This gives you guys with a V1 an excellent option to gain a multitude of features on something you will never find on another car.

I was able to get a hold of a very special type of mirror that allows light to shine through but hides whatever is behind it when turned off. It was a rather expensive piece of hardware but it one of the only types of mirrors made by Gentex which allows these conversions to be done. Gentex is the company that manufactures the Homelink Brand mirrors.

Features
Auto-Dimming
Homelink Garage Door Openers
3-Axis Compass
Integrated Remote Display for the Valentine 1 Radar Detector

Every stock feature of the mirror still functions just like stock, except now the V1 display is integrated into the mirror. This does not replace the Valentine 1 Radar Detector. It simply allows the user to mount the display in a more hidden position in the vehicle.

Remote Display
To allow for increased recognition time and ease of use, the band indicators were changed to Blue for X band, Green for K band, Yellow for Ka band, and Red for laser. The color scheme indicating an increase in severity.

To continue the threat indicator theme, the colors of the signal strength indicator were changed from all red to 2 green, 2 yellow, and 4 red.

This allows the user to simply glance at the display and back to the road due to being to associate not just a certain, but now a visible color for each radar band.

Pictures

At certain angles, the display is slightly visible under direct light.

The mirror now has a plug for the V1 cord and the stock wiring harness. This allows the mirror to be modular for easy installation. The red button functions as the mute and mode button, just as the stock V1 button functions.

There will be a wiring harness included with the mirror. Three simple wires, Power, Switch, and Ground. All mirror functions are contained within the mirror. Installation can be performed by your local car audio shop. This unit is wired the exact same way the stock Valentine 1 Remote Display works with the hardwire kit included with every Valentine 1 Radar Detector.

Price
This includes the mirror, wiring harness and 1 year warranty as described below. This sale does not include a Valentine 1 Radar Detector.

$499 shipped with insurance to any of the continental 48 states.

Warranty
This warranty covers labor and selective parts. This warranty does not cover broken, scratched, or chipped glass. This warranty does not cover failure of any component related to user abuse, negligence, or carelessness. This warranty does cover defects due to workmanship or faulty Valentine 1 components. This warranty is not transferable from the original buyer.

Options
I do have one more mirror I will be converting other than this one. I am able to change the color of the compass display, any of the V1 display, or the status leds on the mirror. If the current color scheme is not suitable, please send a PM with exactly what you would like.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

-Acree
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow!! looks really good. glws man.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Now that's a unique piece of equipment! I totally agree that the stock mirror looks cheap and doesn't belong. I have a homelink mirror and i can honestly say that these mirrors are of great quality.

Bump for an awesome part!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for some clean work and a great person!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

any chance for just the a wider rear view mirror with just the V1 hidden in side? with the colors being changed for the different bandwidths ?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

So you mean without the compass display?

And this mirror doesn't have a V1 hidden inside. It's a remote display modified to fit inside that plugs into the V1 hardwire kit.

-Acree
Old Feb 4, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

yea that what i mean... a wider view with the V1 display... in side
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

That's the only position for the V1 display allowed by the electronics in the mirror.

-Acree
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This fits Evo8/9s? And everything would work, the homelink, etc, etc?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:38 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

how the hell was that done?????????? i have a valentine one but the price is too steep for me right now... im 100% interested and would purchase though
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:15 PM

Dude this is sweet setup. Good job man.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pirana
This fits Evo8/9s? And everything would work, the homelink, etc, etc?
This fits any car with the wedge type rearview mirror anchor. Every function is self-contained within the mirror. You will need to wire up 3 connections: power, ground, and switched.

-Acree
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Bump.

-Acree
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:42 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Free Bump for you as im purchasing the first one!

Quick Reply: FS:Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror w/Compass