Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Would you like "Other Cars" to be expanded with vehicle/brand specific subsecttions?
Yes
47.17%
No
52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Would members like/use car specific subsections within "other cars"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would members like/use car specific subsections within "other cars"?

We would like to see if everyone would like more specific other car subsections within the site and the "Other Cars" section. Being that this is a pretty popular section for the site, and many members own or like to discuss other vehicles. We would only do this for very popular ones. For example a Subaru, or GTR subsection. And while we do have sites for you guys to go to for those specific car, we also recognize that you may prefer to discuss them here with other evo and lancer owners that you know instead. Vote yes or no and leave any comments you would like.

On a separate note, we will also be putting up official new cars reviews by us in this section as we test them.

Last edited by CharlesJ; Oct 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well there's alot of DSMers around, that's one idea.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I knew what "expenaded" meant maybe.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Poll fixed.

I would like to see a fluid subfolder system, similar to OTs, with categories like "2009 Supra", "2008 GT-R", "2010 NSX" rather than doing supermerges. I know a lot of people hate having their 'unique' thread merged and it gets rather cumbersome having 30 threads about the same car ( *cough*GTR*cough* ). Given the nature of EvoM, I can see us ending up with anywhere from 5 to 20 forums at any given time (BMW 335/135, Subaru STi, DSMs, GT-R, etc). Maybe a single folder for rumor mongering?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

i think its fine the way it is.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

I think that's a great idea. Especially a Subaru and DSM section. Though the counter argument is that there are already forums for these and more.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

hell naa no scubies..
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:44 AM
Admin Alumni

I am in favor for it, although on a very limited basis. I'd like to see subs for the most talked about/relevant cars. This can be obviously changed as topics evolve. I see WSB's concerns.....Perhaps a limited trial can be tested?

J.D.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, it would be very limited for only the most discussed and relevant cars. Ones I can think of off hand are Subaru, DSM, BMW, and the GTR or just simply nissan. The fewer the better, but if there is enough demand and traffic, it may be a good thing. DSM is a great idea since there is a lot of overlap. They would be seamless subsections, not extra forum listings on the main index. To determine which ones to add, we would probably do a pole. This is however just to see if the idea is a good one.

Last edited by CharlesJ; Oct 24, 2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

evolutionm.net

isnt the reason y they call the forum evolutionm so it rules out others cars. not to start anything i love most imports but i think that it would make this forum turn into a civil war or ww3 battel ground.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 08:42 PM

Keep it Evo specific.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_man_06
isnt the reason y they call the forum evolutionm so it rules out others cars. not to start anything i love most imports but i think that it would make this forum turn into a civil war or ww3 battel ground.
Originally Posted by joec
Keep it Evo specific.
Well, the site is still a evo/lancer focused site. This really has nothing to do with changing that focus. It has to do with better serving the evo and lancer owners among us who like to discuss other cars as well and already do so in the other cars section. In this section, we get a lot of discussion on certain cars. As mentioned, this would not be a new section to the site, just simple subsections within the "other cars" forum. It is not intended to draw in non evo/lancer owners or make this a site for many types of cars. There is really no negative impact here, just a question of if it is desired by those who use the "other cars" section. If you have no interest in ever posting in that section, this really has no affect on you.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 06:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
preferably performance cars subsection, like the IS-F, C63, M3, C4S, etc. like the 6speedonline.com, however, I never look at their other car section since I'm only there to visit the 997 and the cayenne.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 02:50 PM

I think their should be but still somewhat linked to evo.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I don't like the idea. There are sites that are non-model/make specific like carforums.com and carforums.net for this purpose. Seems the server space and man power can be better used to help make the site easier to navigate.

Quick Reply: Would members like/use car specific subsections within "other cars"?