Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Events - Please Read

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 05:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by DEVO330
So help me understand (not fully understanding the above)
As KevinD explained better than I, why can't I post an invitation (to the evo community as an evo owner) to join me at MSR,(they didn't even know I was coming) but re-imbursing me for the track time I'm required to pay?

As an EVO enthusiast/fanatic,
I literally chase down Evo owners on the hwy, only to assist countless owners in joining the community by registering them on EVOm.

With that in mind, it has been very frustrating to be shut down for genuinely trying to promote EVO meet-ups, cruises etc. thru EVOm.
None of them that I am aware of have been initiated by anyone for profit, except the three we have prompted to join, namely, Gotham, KevinD, and Don Herring Mitsu.

If I can't understand the grey areas, I get in trouble/frustrated/deleted and have no intentions of profiting anybody.
Threads have been deleted with no warnings, or PMs; when I have received PMs, there were many assumptions and way too much attitude.

A very bad taste in my mouth from a blue ribbon supporter....
Thank you for the feedback. I am not trying to dodge the issues or give you a moving a target. The forum moderator's have a better handle on the history in the regional forums than I. And I cannot reverse invitations to events that have occurred.

My interest is going forward with the guidelines above which address track days. They may be different than the ones they had in the past. A local club posting a location, date and time for a track day gathering should not be a problem. I suggest you PM a staff member if you are not sure about a post. Thanks.

Speedlimit...

Last edited by Speedlimit; Oct 23, 2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by mrMTB
Speedlimit-

I agree 100% with the fact that there is a need to ensure that commercial promotion on the site is limited where the vendor in question has not established a vendor relationship. I understand, perhaps better than most, the true cost of maintaining a presence of any sophistication on the Internet.

Taking the issue of whether including Motorsport Ranch in the thread should be considered shilling for a non-vendor out of the picture, the Evo Maxx thread was sponsored by two EvoM vendors, Don Herring and Gotham Racing. I think that the deletion of a thread with their sponsorship is not the kind of precedent we want to be establishing with our vendors- it would have been more appropriate to request a specific revision to bring the post within guidelines (especially given that we know there is a considerable gray area).

If I were Don (who gave away $450 in parts and service as well as purchasing lunch for the 40 or so persons in attendance and trophies) or Steve (who graciously donated his dyno, experience, and time), I'd be a bit hot under the collar to see that an event I hosted was deleted from the site. I would not want to see something like this potentially jeopardize the relationship EvoM has with its vendors.

Regards,
M
Thanks, we will take a look at that one.

Speedlimit..
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrMTB
Speedlimit-

I agree 100% with the fact that there is a need to ensure that commercial promotion on the site is limited where the vendor in question has not established a vendor relationship. I understand, perhaps better than most, the true cost of maintaining a presence of any sophistication on the Internet.

Taking the issue of whether including Motorsport Ranch in the thread should be considered shilling for a non-vendor out of the picture, the Evo Maxx thread was sponsored by two EvoM vendors, Don Herring and Gotham Racing. I think that the deletion of a thread with their sponsorship is not the kind of precedent we want to be establishing with our vendors- it would have been more appropriate to request a specific revision to bring the post within guidelines (especially given that we know there is a considerable gray area).

If I were Don (who gave away $450 in parts and service as well as purchasing lunch for the 40 or so persons in attendance and trophies) or Steve (who graciously donated his dyno, experience, and time), I'd be a bit hot under the collar to see that an event I hosted was deleted from the site. I would not want to see something like this potentially jeopardize the relationship EvoM has with its vendors.

Regards,
M
that thread was moved back into the South region a few hours before you posted this?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=293905
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for putting it back, Robert. We appreciate it.

Last edited by mrMTB; Oct 24, 2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: speling (sic)
Old Nov 12, 2007, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by RobertK
Events
• An event is considered “For-Profit” if money is collected to attend or participate
• For-Profit events must be authorized by the EvolutionM advertising staff and may require a vendor package. Contact CharlesJ for approval.
• For-Profit events that will not require a vendor package include motorsports events and shows that specifically include Lancers. These events may not be used as a tool to promote any other non vendor business.
• Local and National meets, BBQs, etc must not reference any non vendor business.
• Dynos days, tuning days, and other paid service event require a vendor account
• Exceptions – Members may discuss any event as long as they are not promoting it on behalf of themselves or another party.

This came down from the EvoM Staff over a year ago, So if you have any questions on why some events are being deleted and some aren't, my reasoning is somehow tied to the above rules.
Why was another thread deleted titled, "deleted message"....
I was making a point about ...oh who cares anymore...
This makes me feel about 10 yrs old again,
I'll be on here very little from now on
Old Nov 12, 2007, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Where does the Winged Warrior Speed challenge fall in? It is an event I started way back when, and I guess, "I" help promote it, but it is a Not-for-profit Charity event: Cost money to get in, compete in, and show in, but the kids get the money, not me/us. Do I need a "vendor package" to promote that? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/eventinfo.php

Last edited by smokedmustang; Nov 12, 2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 05:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Hey,

PM CharlesJ with the details. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 05:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by DEVO330
Why was another thread deleted titled, "deleted message"....
I was making a point about ...oh who cares anymore...
This makes me feel about 10 yrs old again,
I'll be on here very little from now on
Edit: Sorry, my original response was based upon confusing you with another member who had posted a WTB outside the marketplace.

I think the thread got tangled up with a flaming response from another member. I'll ask the mod that removed to take a look at restoring it and your comment. Thanks.

Speedlimit...

Last edited by Speedlimit; Nov 12, 2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Details are above, in my post. I will wait for a reply from CharlesJ. My "Event" Thread is still up for the next WW event, so I guess there is no conflict yet. Thanks.

I am not sure what "Details" I would need to give to Charles about the event anyhow.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

As far as what details, I don't either. I would quote your post with the PM. Let me know if you don't hear from him today or tomorrow. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
As far as what details, I don't either. I would quote your post with the PM. Let me know if you don't hear from him today or tomorrow. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Will do Speedlimit, thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a little clarification on events and specifically track events. We have been and at least for now are continuing to be very open to track event posting, even when there is a potential profit involved. This means that track event organizers are fully permitted to post their events within reason and in the correct sections. The exception to this is if the event is directly or indirectly aimed at promoting a separate business. For example the XYZ Performance shop makes the post : "XYZ Performance track day at summit point", or "track day at summit point sponsored by XYZ Performance". These are an event where the intention of the event is to promote a non vendor non track day business. Another exception that I did not think of until this thread is a track trying to solicit membership. There are a number of these country club membership tracks now selling relatively pricey memberships. They are not permitted to do so here.

That all said, if a member of that track that is not representing management or trying to sell membership wants to invite people to come along with him, that is fine. Even if a small amount of money is involved as long as you are not profiting from it. If there is a profit involved, you need to be a business, and then would be essentially a track day organzier. I hope this clears this particular situation up a little.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:19 PM

Night Rally! deleted?

So that's what happened. But we are a not-for-profit car club just like you....we just break even on each event (at least that's the goal). We invite Alfa Audi BMW Corvair Corvette Crossfire Ferrari Fiat HHR Italian Car Club etc. etc. and none of them care that we charge an entry fee. So what do I do to get approved?
sccarally
Texas Region SCCA rally chairman