Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Charlotte Area Evo Owners

Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars and Coffee Charlotte (first Saturday of every month): http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/

Last edited by sleeper3; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:55 AM

Sound like a good idea. I'm down for a meet as well.

Brian
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting.

There have to be at least a dozen or more Evo owners in our area, and that's guessing on the conservative side. So it makes sense to share local knowledge as well as combine buying power to save some cash.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

got your PM, I've got an RA but am always willing to meet new car people.

subscribed for updates
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Got your pm brother sounds like a good idea . If you guys want to try to come up with a time to get together count me in.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

I am always game for a meet up, better make it soon though because I am sellin the evo in the spring lol
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:39 AM

wats up dude is ruben just call me whene ypou wanna hang out
happy new year
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Glad to see more people post.

Some things I'm wondering about:

(1) Anyone deal with 3SX Performance in Concord? They have an AWD dyno and when I called they indicated that tuning my Evo would cost $200 per hour, and probably take about 1.5 to 2 hours. Comments?

(2) My Evo has almost 14k miles, probably at 15k I want to change out the tranny fluid, transfer case and rear differential. Is anyone interested in a potential group buy for Diaqueen 75W85 (tranny) and SAE90 (tc and rd)? For reference, look here:

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catal...ction=575#1348

(3) If you have any direct experience with Larry Jay Mitsubishi in Charlotte and/or Griffin Mitsubishi in Rock Hill? Which is more friendly to deal with concerning warranty issues?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper3
(3) If you have any direct experience with Larry Jay Mitsubishi in Charlotte and/or Griffin Mitsubishi in Rock Hill? Which is more friendly to deal with concerning warranty issues?
I have had very poor experiences with both of the listed dealerships. Keffer Mitsubishi of Huntersville has been excellent. I live in Uptown and feel it's well worth the drive.

BTW, it's good to see a thread for CLT.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

keffer is an excellent dealership. I have had a few conversations with Tom Defeo, the service manager. He even went out of his way one day to try and help me with some research. he and I spent about 15 minutes with the MUT tool trying to see how much information about my ECU we could gather so I could possibly shed some light on the ECUflash issues with it. We couldn't find anything useful, but he did try and they definitely weren't slow that day.

griffin is a bunch of snakes. they sold me the car under false pretense, then lied to Tom Defeo about it until I brought the documentation from the initial sale. It was straightened out, but I am not pleased with them.

I have not done any business with 3sx performance. I contacted them about fitting up a bolt on turbo kit; the guy I contacted quoted $7000. yeah, that's not a typo, and there was no misunderstanding since the contact was through email and their website. he explicity told me there are lot's of issues with bolt on kits, and that it would be $7000 to fit mine up. I would not recommend them for anything, although I could not tell you about the quality of their work.

as for an AWD dyno; taylors imports in Mooresville. they are the anithesis of 3sx as far as I am concerned, and the owner Keith is a real standup guy. see this thread for more detail on how they treat customers. started out not good, but he has my business from now on

as far as tuning, he's got a racecar and is building one for his son as well. the dyno's o2 sensor was being replaced while I was there last time (I have my own wideband anyway) and we didn't discuss tuning. While we were talking about business/cars in general the conversation turned to a turbo kit he had put on a Honda for a customer not too long before then. Seems like he knows what he's talking about, and unless you are already determined to give 3sx a try I would talk with Keith Taylor first. to me, good relationships are much more important than money, and from what I gather Keith feels the same way. I did not get that impression from 3sx, obviously.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Jan 1, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 04:47 PM

I am up for anything
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

3SX is an awesome shop... many good people there. They do mostly 3000GT/stealths and they are getting pretty heavy into subaru's....

If you would like I will talk to Matt over at 3SX and see if you could set up a dyno day or maybe a discounted rate for tunning!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:25 PM

Would be nice to meet some of the local EVO owners.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:15 PM

Not to threadjack, but does anyone have a suspension shop in the area that they would recommend? Looking to throw on some coilovers, whiteline roll center and bump steer, and get a full corner weight/alignment.

Also, have any of you looked into http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/pmcoverview.html ?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO MR
3SX is an awesome shop... many good people there. They do mostly 3000GT/stealths and they are getting pretty heavy into subaru's....

If you would like I will talk to Matt over at 3SX and see if you could set up a dyno day or maybe a discounted rate for tunning!
see, here is one guy that did deal with them. IIRC Matt was the guy who quoted me 7g's too. what do you think of their pricing on the services they have done for you so far?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Charlotte Area Evo Owners