Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Knoxville, TN Evo club.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Knoxville, TN Evo club.

Spring dragon ride update!
When: This Saturday April 13 at 8am.
Where: meeting at the newer Walmart parking lot on 411 hwy in maryville.
We will head up there drive around, stop somewhere for pictures (probably a few places). Then at around 11 we will meet up with the EVO X group for more driving, picturing, and being awesome.

Post up if you are going to attend so we'll have an idea of how who is coming before we pull out of wallyworld.

There are a few conspirators including myself who are trying to organize an EVO club/meet. So far, the plans are to meet in the parking lot adjacent to the turkey creek Starbucks at 7ish on Friday march 1st. I'd like to see several show up, and grow from there. Chime in here if you want to join up!

Further details are still being pondered, such as meet frequency, club name/logo.

Last edited by ZLAYER; Apr 7, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I'll be off work, and hopefully the next day for carsncoffee.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:46 AM

I'm there!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im from chattanooga but I have family in knoxville. Was planning on coming up for cars and coffee so if you guys do this I might come up friday night.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ZLAYER
There are a few conspirators including myself who are trying to organize an EVO club/meet. So far, the plans are to meet in the parking lot adjacent to the turkey creek Starbucks at 7ish on Friday march 1st. I'd like to see several show up, and grow from there. Chime in here if you want to join up!

Further details are still being pondered, such as meet frequency, club name/logo.
Psh, you're going to be there? I'm out.

Count me in! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
The following users liked this post:
Ike Costner (Apr 21, 2020)
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:24 PM

Sneaky white font. Almost didn't catch it.

I'll try to make it.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:42 AM

In planning for future events, there are a few upcoming. In April there is an EvoXforums meet at the dragon on the weekend of April 12-14. All Evos will be welcome, so we should probably get our new group together for a ride up there on the Saturday 13th.

A bit further out is the mitsus take on the dragon meet on June 13-16. Again we should roll up there as a group on the Saturday 15th.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:07 AM

Ok, so the meet is a week away (just a reminder). Lets decide if we're going to eat or not. I don't care one way or the other, but I will say that during past meet/eats I've been to, I felt like I'd rather be out checking out cars than sitting in a restaurant. I guess there are places that you can get stuff like hamburgers n hotdogs, that way eating/chatting/car viewing can be achieved simultaneously.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by ZLAYER
Ok, so the meet is a week away (just a reminder). Lets decide if we're going to eat or not. I don't care one way or the other, but I will say that during past meet/eats I've been to, I felt like I'd rather be out checking out cars than sitting in a restaurant. I guess there are places that you can get stuff like hamburgers n hotdogs, that way eating/chatting/car viewing can be achieved simultaneously.
Is there a good Sonic to go to? Maybe with a large parking lot next to it?

What kind of car count do you think there will be?

My car is bone stock, not much tol look at
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:15 AM

We have shared the location with lots of folks, so we can't really change it now. We can discuss different options at the meet. Bone stock Evos are just as fun to look at as built ones IMO!

To Zs point, I'm open to either. Not sure how peoples schedules are but I'm open to hanging out until it's too dark to see the cars then those that would like to grab some food can. We could always order pizza.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:29 AM

Ya, we could use this first meet up to gauge how everyone wants to proceed. Does anyone know the owner of the black 8 or 9 that works at best buy? I'm gunna try to swing by there and leave a note on his windshield to inform he or she of this event.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:56 AM

I have seen a blue one at Best Buy a few times, don't know either of them. I past a silver 8 on Clinton hwy last Friday but wasn't in the Evo.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:39 AM

The guy in the silver 8 (I met at Walmart) gave me his email, but I must have taken it down wrong cause it didn't go through. Bummer. I'm going to ask my in laws neighbor, he has a grey 9 mr (clean).
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:17 AM

Nice, pretty crazy how many Evos there are around and that we don't know each other haha.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by __pg
We have shared the location with lots of folks, so we can't really change it now. We can discuss different options at the meet. Bone stock Evos are just as fun to look at as built ones IMO!

To Zs point, I'm open to either. Not sure how peoples schedules are but I'm open to hanging out until it's too dark to see the cars then those that would like to grab some food can. We could always order pizza.

I completly forgot there was a location in the first post

Quick Reply: Knoxville, TN Evo club.