Notices

rrm timing control box

Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rrm timing control box

hey guys, im started to get real interested in the timing control box.

just wondering if the guys in toronto can help me with a few questions about it.

wanted to know how much the product came to at te door after shipping, taxes, duties, etc. (which postal service does rrm use?)

also wanted to know what kinda gains have been experienced, was there more gains when on a modded car vs a stock?

and, is it worth it =p. thanks guys cant wait for ur inputs.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does it work, yes... just go easy for the few days so you car can get use to it.

RRM ships with UPS. idealy USPS would be better because the broker charge is always 5$, then you just pay 13% tax on what ever the value is. in some cases the gov doesnt even bother.

hope that helps
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:09 AM

so ups brokerage fee is $5?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:09 PM

USPS is $5, UPS is much more...always...man i hate UPS....
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by qJai
hey guys, im started to get real interested in the timing control box.

just wondering if the guys in toronto can help me with a few questions about it.

wanted to know how much the product came to at te door after shipping, taxes, duties, etc. (which postal service does rrm use?)

also wanted to know what kinda gains have been experienced, was there more gains when on a modded car vs a stock?

and, is it worth it =p. thanks guys cant wait for ur inputs.
yes it works , yes its worth the money , most noticable mod so far , to my door all said n done was 320 shipped once u convert the dollar and ups at the door was 50 $ so your looking around 370 all in depending on what the cdn $ is at , another thing to note is that rrm cuts the price in half when shipping to canada on the slip so when it hits customs you dont pay as much as you would if they wrote down the full price
Old Aug 5, 2009, 05:18 PM

hmmm 370 for noticable gain sounds pretty good, care to elaborate on the noticability? like when is it noticable, by how much? n if it gets better with mods like a piggyback or not?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:36 PM

^+1

Does anyone have this for the 2.4L? What does RRM state in their numbers?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

^^ rrm on their dyno chart thats on their website sayd 8 hp and 5 tq i think ,

and by noticable i mean the car pulls better and the throttle feels better at lower rpm's , if you have a realistic expectation of what your getting you wont be disappointed , no one that i know that has this part has had a bad thing to say about it

i havnt tried it in stock form so i dunno how it would feel from stock to everything i have now , but they say it compliments other mods nicely , id like to try it with the piggy back but no plans for the piggy

Last edited by Infamous_pt4; Aug 5, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:07 PM

lol nice, what kinda mods do you have currently? just so i can get an idea of where i would stand if i got it.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:47 PM

if you look at the dyno chart provided by RRM, the max HP to the wheels, 8whp, comes in relatively late at 6000rpm. there doesnt seem to be much power gains early on in the powerband. the torque band does seem to improve starting from mid range which would be beneficial in a daily driving situation, you would probably notice better acceleration mid range.

for the price i would say its a good purchase, plus its easily installed/uninstalled so i'm sure you can sell it easily in the future once you dont need it.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:18 AM

i read on another thread that it works better with 91 octane compared to 89... anyone wana elaborate on what they might have meant, or experienced that same feeling?

infamous, what kinda performance mods do you have along with the timin control module?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

i read on another thread that it works better with 91 octane compared to 89... anyone wana elaborate on what they might have meant, or experienced that same feeling?

infamous, what kinda performance mods do you have along with the timin control module?
i have a sri , crank pulley , ab exhaust and thats it i think lol , i ran 91 from the start so i dunno if theres a difference from 89 to 91
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:05 PM

true, yea i run 91 also...
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:34 PM

hey. just wondering, do u need to disconnect your battery for the ecu to recognize the box? or shud it be felt right when it goes on.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

hey. just wondering, do u need to disconnect your battery for the ecu to recognize the box? or shud it be felt right when it goes on.
dont have to diconnect anything , but you wont get full gains for a few days cuz of how advanced the mivec system is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rrm timing control box