Notices

Mod Friendly and Mod Proactive Dealerships in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed that you have HKS filters as one of the mods that Scarborough Mitsubishi is ok with. I had a code P1241 (Torque overload) come up today and they blamed my HKS hybrid drop in filter for the code, stating that water got to the MAF through the filter, which is BS. I had fork out almost $300 to clean everything out and put an OEM filter, as well as the very poor customer service that I received. The techs and service seen the filter last time I was in for an oil change and didn't mention anything or have a problem with it, now a code pops up and the blame it on the drop in filter, lol...When I asked them today if they thought it was an issue, I would have gladly changed it back to an OEM but never said anything, the service guy denied it, unbelievable.
How that much water can get into that intake and cause that is impossible, I have had short ram and cold air intakes on many other vehicles and never had any issues. Honestly not going back to Scarborough Mitsu for service and really thinking about selling the car, just really fed up.

I would really consider going into the dealership with mods when there are problems because they will turn their backs to avoid anything coming out of their pockets. Quoted from front desk boy "if its not an OEM replacement, including bolts, Head office will not cover as well as down to the dealership.

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Its been my dream to have dealerships become more proactive with the products they sell and for the most part the Gold Alliance was to have dealership be into the aftermarket side of things because thats the stuff people want, that and a dealership that knows what their doing when it comes to these mods.

Some Dealerships across have put themselves forward as mod friend and mod proactive dealerships. What I have noticed is a lot of the dealerships out west are super gang busters about mods and premium service.

Pending a further updates, the list will formally be posted here what the dealership is, what their status is, and what brands they freely promote.

Dealership
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Erin Mills Mitsubishi ----- Mod Friendly: YES
Discount for TLC Members with Decal - 10%

Brakes - DBA - Hawk - StopTech - EBC
Suspension - Tein - HSD - Eibach - Progress - H&R
Intake / Intercooler - Injen - AEM - K&N - Greddy - HKS - Mishimoto - Forge - Koyo
Exhaust - Magnaflow - Greddy - HKS
Fluids - Filters - Redline - Royal Purple - Mobil 1 - Castrol - Greddy Oil - KN Filters
Wheels Tenzo - Enkei - MOMO
Transmission -Clutch Masters - Exedy
Body / Internal / External - Seibon - Sparco
Lighting - HID / LITECH
Other Brands - Sprintbooster - COBB

Dealership Service Contact
Josephine R.
(905) 828-8488

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maple Mitsubishi ----- Mod Friendly: YES - But Ask

Brakes - DBA - Hawk - StopTech
Suspension - HSD
Intake / Intercooler - Injen - AEM - K&N - Greddy - HKS - Mishimoto - Forge - Koyo
Fluids - Filters - Mobil 1
Wheels Tenzo - Enkei - MOMO
Body / Internal / External - Seibon
Lighting
Other Brands - Sprintbooster - COBB Tuning

Parts (905) 417-8886

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scarborough Mitsubishi ----- Mod Friendly: YES - But ask

Suspension - Tein - HSD - Eibach - Progress - H&R
Fluids - Filters - Redline - Royal Purple - Mobil 1 - Castrol - Greddy Oil - KN Filters
Wheels Tenzo
Body / Internal / External - Seibon - Sparco
Lighting
Other Brands - Sprintbooster

Parts (416) 701-9472‎
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dixie Mitsubishi ----- Mod Friendly: Ask
Discount for TLC Members with Decal - TBA

Suspension
Fluids - Filters
Wheels Tenzo
Transmission
Body / Internal / External
Lighting - HID / LITECH
Other Brands

Parts (905) 282-9998‎
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hossmaxima
I noticed that you have HKS filters as one of the mods that Scarborough Mitsubishi is ok with. I had a code P1241 (Torque overload) come up today and they blamed my HKS hybrid drop in filter for the code, stating that water got to the MAF through the filter, which is BS. I had fork out almost $300 to clean everything out and put an OEM filter, as well as the very poor customer service that I received. The techs and service seen the filter last time I was in for an oil change and didn't mention anything or have a problem with it, now a code pops up and the blame it on the drop in filter, lol...When I asked them today if they thought it was an issue, I would have gladly changed it back to an OEM but never said anything, the service guy denied it, unbelievable.
How that much water can get into that intake and cause that is impossible, I have had short ram and cold air intakes on many other vehicles and never had any issues. Honestly not going back to Scarborough Mitsu for service and really thinking about selling the car, just really fed up.

I would really consider going into the dealership with mods when there are problems because they will turn their backs to avoid anything coming out of their pockets. Quoted from front desk boy "if its not an OEM replacement, including bolts, Head office will not cover as well as down to the dealership.
Agreed. I went to them to clear an airbag code that the fool that installed my alarm system (another shop) triggered. I already went through every circuit and wire and sensor according to the service manual and I knew it was caused by the guy bumping the connectors to the srs ecu. The code just needed to be cleared. I took it in, paid $100+ tax, and all they did was scan it. I asked if they tried to cleared it and they said "yes but we couldn't because its an active code" but I knew it was BS. They wanted to start replacing parts of my airbag system to solve the problem, starting with the srs sensor for $350 preordered . I just took it to my awesome mitsu dealer in Montreal and they cleared it for me on the spot for FREE! So thank you scarborough mitsu for stealing my $114 and NOT doing the service I paid you for.

The only truly mod friendly mitsu dealerships exist only here in Quebec.

EDIT: Oh yea I loved how the head service guy tried to patronize me like I'm a dumb kid with an expensive car after I declined with ordering the srs sensor. "Take your time, this is a serious issue. Its your safety that could be in danger." What a dumbass.

Last edited by deeman101; Mar 20, 2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

So as it stands now, in May 2011, are there any mod-friendly dealers in the GTA?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:34 PM

I live up in Markham. Wondering if it is MOD friendly or not. Wondering if you guys have heard anything bad about them or anything. If I need to I can always take a quick Trip up to maple to deal with things.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

All of the feedback I have heard about Markham Mitsu has been poor.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 09:10 PM

I hate Markham Mitsu.

BTW, Josephine no longer works at Erin Mills
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:56 PM

Has anyone used Markham Mitsu here? I think Ill try it for the first bit, who knows they might have improved. If they are as bad as you are saying then ill just make a little journey over to maple. Works well for me in either case. Markham Mitsu is like 5 min from my house. Maple Mitsubishi is like 5 min from my family's restaurant.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:52 AM

Richmond Hill is on the way
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Dixie appears to be receptive to mods to a certain degree.

They sell a small amount of aftermarket items in their parts department and I didn't get any flack for my upgraded brake and suspension setup.

Last edited by TrailBrake; Nov 1, 2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:34 PM

Richmond hill is where i go, pretty good. i hear maple is decent as well
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:23 AM

Any updates to this list?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:39 AM

This needs to be updated. Erin mills is NOT mod friendly. They flagged my car for having a highflow cat and reported me to Mitsu so i no longer have a warranty. I would NEVER bring my car there.

I went to Dixie and got a completely different experience. My timing chain stretched and Erin mills said i was denied because of my cat. I went in and talked to Dixie and asked about mods. He said to me what does your cat have to do with the Chain? Unless the mod could directly affect the part that broke then they dont care. They may ask you to remove the part then test again.

Dixie was pretty nice to deal with and were straigh up. Erin Mills were complete DB's and lied to me like i was some noob. They told me i had a check engine light for over reving my car. I have a 2008 Evo...there is NO check engine light for that till 2010. LIARS! I called them out on it then they back pedaled.

I hope this thread can save one of you the grief and $1500 i am going through.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:39 AM

on top of that I have only had the car 2 months and it only had 81k when the chain stretched
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leo_99
This needs to be updated. Erin mills is NOT mod friendly. They flagged my car for having a highflow cat and reported me to Mitsu so i no longer have a warranty. I would NEVER bring my car there.

I went to Dixie and got a completely different experience. My timing chain stretched and Erin mills said i was denied because of my cat. I went in and talked to Dixie and asked about mods. He said to me what does your cat have to do with the Chain? Unless the mod could directly affect the part that broke then they dont care. They may ask you to remove the part then test again.

Dixie was pretty nice to deal with and were straigh up. Erin Mills were complete DB's and lied to me like i was some noob. They told me i had a check engine light for over reving my car. I have a 2008 Evo...there is NO check engine light for that till 2010. LIARS! I called them out on it then they back pedaled.

I hope this thread can save one of you the grief and $1500 i am going through.
+100000 Erin Mills needs to be removed from this list ASAP!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:09 AM

Another safe place to take your car is Autopark superstore in Burlington. They used to be Burlington Mitsubishi but have gone private. They still have the same technicians from when they were a Mitsu dealer so they really know these cars. They were the ones that informed me that the 2008 Mitsus do not have an over rev code.

For regular maintenance stuff you can go there but unfortunately for anything warranty related you will have to go to the dealer. If you call speak with Jordan, he really seems to know his ****.

Quick Reply: Mod Friendly and Mod Proactive Dealerships in the GTA