Notices

TPMS Sensors For Winter Rims

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in regards to reprogramming, i remember seeing info about reprogrammable sensors a while ago,,, not sure if it was the same ones or not, but, they required this gizmo that scanned the existing TPMS to get the codes,,, i was trying to find a way to buy the stuff, but they will only sell to businesses and shops,,, maybe these are the same ones,,, either way, you will definately want to ask the service folks about it, maybe each location has one of the reprogramming gizmo thingys.... maybe this is something JRP should look into getting
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:14 PM

From what i've read the pipebomb thing doesn't work but if anyone wants to try here is tutorial. If anyone finds a cheapish solution that would be awesome! Go car forums Go! lol
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
basicly all you need to do is make a boost leak tester and cap it off at the other end too.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
So I checked on pricing for the TPMS sensors. TireRack wants US$220 shipped to your door (this includes brokerage fees and everything).

I called the dealer... the want about $100+tax per sensor!!! So right there it looks obvious NOT to order TPMS sensors from the dealer.

Maple said they want $50 to program your sensors.
Has anybody found prices for TPMS sensors that are better than the price from TireRack?

Also... how do you know if your rim can support TPMS sensors without demounting the tire?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:18 PM

Where can you guys find a rebuild kit from (aside from dealer cause I'm assuming they are charging a arm and a leg) and how much it is, and if the ones from canadiantire can clone our stock ones, that means that it would work with 2 sets? I.E. snows and summers...Because last winter I had snows and it was pretty annoying every time and like stated it is a really good tool to have...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

FYI... I've been reading thru threads on Mitsu forums... and they all seem to conclude that the "pipe bomb" technique does not work with the EVO X's.

Also... $50 each from TireRack is still the cheapest legit TPMS sensors I've found for our cars.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
FYI... I've been reading thru threads on Mitsu forums... and they all seem to conclude that the "pipe bomb" technique does not work with the EVO X's.

Also... $50 each from TireRack is still the cheapest legit TPMS sensors I've found for our cars.
Yup but you still need to re program the sensors if you buy new ones. So thats gonna be $200 USD + $100 at the dealer or costco. anyone find out if we can get sensors and re programming at costco?

I put my winters on already and running no sensors... hittin the button aint so bad I could do it all winter then re use my TPMS in my new rims come spring.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 04:24 PM

Well, if our cars can only have 4 sensors wouldnt you need to get it reprogrammed each time you switch rims...so wouldnt this http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=163 (hopefully im allowed to link that and won't get in trouble...) but it allows you to reset the sensors yourself which would save having to go to the dealer every spring/winter... And Crester I dont see any from tire rack that work with our OEM system, all of theirs have separate displays...
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mattcanada
Well, if our cars can only have 4 sensors wouldnt you need to get it reprogrammed each time you switch rims...so wouldnt this http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=163 (hopefully im allowed to link that and won't get in trouble...) but it allows you to reset the sensors yourself which would save having to go to the dealer every spring/winter... And Crester I dont see any from tire rack that work with our OEM system, all of theirs have separate displays...
if thats the case, and it works - I'm sold.
Problem is - thats a $300+ US gamble

Now if there was a local shop that would allow us to try it out....
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Default_User
if thats the case, and it works - I'm sold.
Problem is - thats a $300+ US gamble

Now if there was a local shop that would allow us to try it out....
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking I dont want to buy sensors (prolly from crappy tire, cause like I said I didnt see a set that works with our OE system) and get that and have it not work with them...