Notices

My experience with Scar. Mitsubishi.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Scar. Mitsubishi.

Guys I would like to share my experience with Scarb. Mitsu. On the 7th of Dec I
had an appointment at 3 pm today but, was late leaving the office. I called and said I was going to be a bit late. No big deal, he said it was fine. I got there and said I was due for service A and he confirms it. I sign the work order and said that they owe me a free oil change for the mess up with my car when I picked it up.

He confirms it with the manager and, gives the "ok".
Everthing seemed ok but, they did wash my car with there dirty *** brush and, probably ****ed up my detail work.
Anyway, I get back into my car and look at the work order and it says "5w-20 oil"...
I went back in and talk to the service advisor regarding the oil and he states the following "yeah 5w-20 is right... We do all oil changes with 5w-20 on all lancers/ralliarts/Evos"... I was like "Are you sure? it's not 5w-30???"
He replies "Hmm all we have is 5w-20" we both walk over to the parts desk and he looks over the counter and says "yeah I don't see any 5w-30..."
Part guys says "Yeah we do, it's in the corner over"..
The service guy is like "hmmmm... I'm sure it's 5w-20 but, let me confirm and check with the mechanic"
*he walks off to the service area and 2 mins pass*
Service guy: "Yeah it's suppose to be 5w-20.."
Me: "ummm ok, thanks.."
I get back in my car and look over the owners manual and it states that RA need to use "5w-30"
So, long story short.
I went back in and shovel the book in his face. He wasn't please to see me back with the book and, he looks it over and doubts the owner's manual. He said that it was out of date?!?!
WTF my car is a 2011...
Anyway he runs to the back and pulls out a mit. laptop and pulls out a service reference spec and he tires to BULL**** "ohhh it looks it takes 0w-20 now for both the Sport back and sedan version for the 4B11 and the 4B12 but, we don't have that oil here. We can still change it over and it's not a problem but, it won't make a difference."
I was like "W T F, is this guy serious??"..
Anyway I made him re-do the work order with 5W-30 and, no charge.

Update: The following day I went to check out the oil levels and it turns out the mechanic over filled the oil. FML. I had to driver over to the dealer to get it corrected (Dec 8th)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

apparently Mitsu has said that Evo/ralliart can take 0w-30 or something now.

If they can't even do the oil change right then i wouldn't suggest going back there. Mech was prob pissed off that he had to do the work x2 and just dumped that in there.

I hear horror stories all the time about that place.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

He can say what ever oil he put into your car, you wont even know...it s time to diy!!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Whos the buy you dealt with? Filipino?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

not really a great experience,

i've taken my car there, and I have found service, OK, but now i am a bit skeptical !
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:16 PM

yeah it was a Filipino guy, he's sort of chubby and smokes. They don't seem to care a lot about how they treat people. The guy drag me out with him to point out how it's ok to be slightly overfilled.

I was also slightly concern about my car have random no starts and, the service advisor said "Oh it could be just water in the gas and, should be ok.".
I always like to test service advisor and get a grasp of his/her character. So yeah.. GAS + WATER = bad. Engines can't compress water and will cause a mis fire.

Planning to take my car to Markham Mitsubishi.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Think twice and search on the forum about Markham Mitsubishi... I am sure you could find some feedback from here. I never had mine serviced at Markham Mitsu but feedback from other members was sufficient enough to keep me stay away from that spot.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Scarborough is staffed by morons, as are just about every other Mitsubishi dealer in the GTA.

They can't even perform basic service without issue, and their 'wash' often leaves your car dirtier than when you got there.

Find a good independent shop that can order in factory fluids as required. That way you know it's done properly the first time, and you don't have to fight with dealership idiots.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:10 AM

That's terrible lol it wouldn't of made much of a difference. 5w30 is a little thicker so
The lighter stuff would be a little better in cold seasons. lol as for Him saying it was fine overfilled, only if It is between the 2 holes on the dip stick it's Considered fine, Anything over is not good.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:24 AM

It was above the indicator and, I need to take my car because I have warranty still. If I didn't I would've took it to iGarage or, Speedstar already. Light weight oil isn't good for a turbo charged car.

Makes me wonder how the hell they are still in business? They don't even care about there reputation. I just notice that my passenger side door has scratches from the "free wash".. FML
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by TrailBrake
Scarborough is staffed by morons, as are just about every other Mitsubishi dealer in the GTA.

They can't even perform basic service without issue, and their 'wash' often leaves your car dirtier than when you got there.

Find a good independent shop that can order in factory fluids as required. That way you know it's done properly the first time, and you don't have to fight with dealership idiots.
My brother said the staff back in 2008 was way better then now. I completely agree with you because, the service adviser is a complete tool and doesn't know what he's talking about like 60% of the time. I don't like the fact that he lied to my face and try to pass it off.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:30 AM

They are douchbags at Scarborough Mitsu! They go on all cocky like they know everything, and they are rude and ignorant.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by mikeszutu
It was above the indicator and, I need to take my car because I have warranty still. If I didn't I would've took it to iGarage or, Speedstar already. Light weight oil isn't good for a turbo charged car.

Makes me wonder how the hell they are still in business? They don't even care about there reputation. I just notice that my passenger side door has scratches from the "free wash".. FML
Almost every car nowadays is running 5w20, It's the new thing....I've also seen X's running 0w30 in colder weather without issues and saves you a couple mpgs.

I haven't bothered with any warranty because my nearest dealer is half hr away in Barrie and is hands down worst Mitsubishi. Just not worth the trip for me unless it's something big...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first of all there is no difference between 0w20 and 5w20 really... once at operating temp both are the same viscosity.

secondly, I would never run 20 weight oil in a turbo charged engine. 30 is minimum, 40 is optimal.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by deanob
first of all there is no difference between 0w20 and 5w20 really... once at operating temp both are the same viscosity.

secondly, I would never run 20 weight oil in a turbo charged engine. 30 is minimum, 40 is optimal.
I'm no oil expert... my 2011 f150 ecoboost runs on 5w20 from factory and it's twin turbo.

I wouldn't put it into my Evo but for people who dd there X's year round. Easier winter starts is one thing that come to mind.

Quick Reply: My experience with Scar. Mitsubishi.