Notices

Where you GO for Service and where you DONT go..my good and bad experience..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Where you GO for Service and where you DONT go..my good and bad experience..

ok so i got this light about 2 weeks ago..

i checked in the manual and it's a warning indicating that it could be timing related..
i took the car to Markham Mitsubishi and paid the $110+ diagnosis fee for them tell me why this light is on..as per the picture at the end of this post, they advised me that the timing chain was stretched and needed replacement ASAP... the service advisor told me twice that i should not drive the car out of the dealership..i was quoted $700 for parts & approx 10 hours of labour all totalling $1700..since my car was there i also complained about the SRS airbag light that would just randomly come on and off while i was driving..their diagnosis as per the picture below was that the SRS computer system needed to be replaced, the estimated cost of this was around $2000.00 + additional costs to recheck for possible further issues..anyways i was not going to be pressured into fixing my car there so i went against their "advice" and drove home...later i called Mid Toronto Mitsubishi, i spoke to Dave..his location was out of the way but he gave me a price that i could not refuse, he even ordered the parts over the phone for me so i did not have to go in there twice..parts that were significantly less money, i even questioned him on it and he was just straight up with me and told me he wants my business and he only takes his cost and puts up a small mark up...i took my car in a few days later and it turns out that the timing chain was NOT stretched and was as good as new, Dave also did not charge me for the parts he ordered even though i was the one who wanted him to bring it in for me..the thing that pissed me off the most was the annoying SRS light..i have yet to see it come on in over a week..turns out it just needed to be RESET!! and not replaced for $2000+ like Markham Mitsubishi had "recommended"..Dave also went out of his way to call the manager at Markham Mitsubishi and i was able to get my full refund for their criminal diagnosis..they did not hesitate to give it to me anyways i suggest you give this man a call, he is not like the other guys and he will FIGHT for you and understands that our cars are very expensive to maintain..if you do go there don't bother telling him you were referred by me..i want nothing out of this..i just want to see the business go to the RIGHT people with no more threads of fellow members getting ripped off

CLIFFS NOTES:
Markham Mitsubishi tried to pressure and SCAM me for $4000+ for 2 fixes that were not required, Contact Dave @ Mid Toronto Mitsubishi for HONEST service

Last edited by boostedgraphite; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:50 PM

crazy - i'll keep this in mind thanks man
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Wow! Scarbrough Mitsu are pretty decent to us :-)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
R0Y

LOL those A$$HOLE$ at Markham Mitsubish... tried to force me to pick up a damaged "NEW" car
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
na

Last edited by deanob; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:36 AM

I had a fried wire somewhere along the ecu harness throwing codes and they didn't know where to start. Markham mitsubishi wanted to replace all the ecu brains in my lancer and wires in the car until the problem fixed itself + labour. Quoted 12,000 dollars and a bunch of ecu parts that would take a month to order and no refund even if it was not the problem.

They said putting good ecu parts in and still getting the problem could damage the new part. They were unable to solve my problem and had my car stored at markham mitsubishi, and when I wanted to take my car elsewhere to get it fixed they charged me 240 dollars for storage doing nothing.

In the end I took my lancer to kal-tire and they had their electrician run through my electrical wires to find the burnt wire. Just paid 300 dollars to get it fixed in the end.

Last edited by timereaper; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by timereaper
I had a fried wire somewhere along the ecu harness throwing codes and they didn't know where to start. Markham mitsubishi wanted to replace all the ecu brains in my lancer and wires in the car until the problem fixed itself + labour. Quoted 12,000 dollars and a bunch of ecu parts that would take a month to order and no refund even if it was not the problem.

They said putting good ecu parts in and still getting the problem could damage the new part. They did nothing and had my car stored at markham mitsubishi, and when I wanted to take my car elsewhere to get it fixed they charged me 240 dollars for storage doing nothing.

In the end I took my lancer to kal-tire for honest service and they had their electrician run through my electrical wires to find the burnt wire. Just paid 300 dollars to get it fixed in the end.
LOL from $12000+ fix all the way down to $300 for an honest fix..your story has got mine topped
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by boostedgraphite
LOL from $12000+ fix all the way down to $300 for an honest fix..your story has got mine topped
I believe it happened august of this year too. They had me in the room with the store manager Lester saying how they could not fix it after the IT people scanned it with their tools. They wanted to replace everything and leave no dash unturned.

True story, and Markham Mitsubishi didn't have an experienced enough electrician to trace the wires like a proper electrician would do for electrical problem. When I called them a week later to pick up the car thinking they wouldn't charge me they did, said that they were working on it at the moment of phone call and could not stop. They said they went through my wiring for 2 hours but found nothing to charge me 240. So technically the storage fee was covered up as a labour diagnostic fee.

In the beginning when they told me the 12k figure, I told them it costs more than the car to fix, better to write off the car.

Last edited by timereaper; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:27 AM

On the good side Markham mitsubishi does have quality service and pricing for all the regular services. Just don't expect miracles on any self inflicted problems you cause to your car. Better to ask around for any irregular repairs.

They can deal with the factory stuff that comes with the car, just not so much when you start adding other stuff and messing around. Have to usually go for an aftermarket solution to the aftermarket stuff.

Last edited by timereaper; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:49 AM

I second that.

I went to get a quote from Markham Mitsubishi for the new RVR back in 2011, cause I got my lancer from them back in 2005 and they were on the path to work at the time.

I told them I don't want anything offered by the dealer, just the RVR by itself. So after 20 min of simulated debate, they came out and agreed to it. But I must purchase the tire lock bolt for 100 bucks. So immediately I checked on CanadianTire, it costed 20 bucks. So I refused.

I headed down to Scarb Mitsu, got a quote from them. The price is about 1% higher than Markham, but everything is included.

When I asked them about the tire lock bolt, they said it is included with the RVR, which means no charge.

100 bucks!! Markham wanted to charge me 100 bucks for something that came with the car!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

i would like to see one of those tv shows like marketplace walk into any mitsubishi one day..would be an interesting program to watch
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:44 PM

Sucks
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

I've had good luck with Richmond Hill Mitsubishi. They've been going through some changes recently but the new service manager Josh seems quite good. I would even go so far as to put in a formal complaint to Mitsubishi Canada. If you had another professional (another Mitsu dealer to boot) say the work should not have been recommended that should speak volume. If nothing (which MMCAN can be less than forthcoming with customer support) you can contact The Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council which regulates all new and used dealers.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 07:23 AM

Wow these stories make me question if i should ever trust any of the things these dealers say...

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with dealers in Kitchener/ Waterloo area? Got my 09 ralliart recently and I go to school in that area so I was hoping if you guys can give me some advice as to where to go for service.
Thanks in advance!
Old May 7, 2015, 09:45 AM
Meh

Personally, I just bring my car to my dealership (non-mitsu) and the techs here are willing to work with me. Everything still warranty approved too. Guess it pays to be here.