Notices

Insane Speed: Las Vegas Tuning, Fabrication, Engine Builds, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey what's up. I got referred to u guys from Mike . I was wondering if you do head porting? If so can you pm me some.prices? I am changing my set up so maybe we can see what ma options are.. thanks again.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by maevo8
Hey what's up. I got referred to u guys from Mike . I was wondering if you do head porting? If so can you pm me some.prices? I am changing my set up so maybe we can see what ma options are.. thanks again.

We do, yes. We have our own propriatary full CNC ported heads cut. Feel free to give me a call at the shop. 702-462-5036
Old Aug 1, 2011, 06:04 PM
Account Disabled

Thinking about taking our Blue Evo up to Hot August Nights and running some domestics.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

Current pic inside the shop.

Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A little late but welcome aboard guys. I still need to reach out to Todd about Barry Stewart's Evo.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Can you unbrick the evo x ecu?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:23 PM
Account Disabled

Pic of the Sapphire Dsport Cover Evo in TurboSmart's corporate booth this weekend at SpoCom.

Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

Some current pics of our Sapphire Blue Evo.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:09 PM
Account Disabled

Formula D week at Insane Speed......more pics to come as the big boys keep showing up.

Last edited by InsaneSpeed; Aug 25, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Bergenholtz Racing stopped in for a little shop help today as well as the turbo Lambo that was just shot for the cover of a major magazine decided to bask in the Sun.

Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Just a reminder for our Vegas/Cali/AZ/UT/NM guys.....we have one of the very best tuners in the nation, Mike Angel, in house at Insane Speed. Not sure why anyone in Vegas would even consider looking outside of town when, along with John Reed, I would consider Mikey one of the very best tuners in the world right here.

We have contracted Mikey out all over the world to tune exotics, Supras, Evos, etc.....and we even contracted him out to Heffner Performance to tune the first of the Motec equipt turbo Gallardos. Bottom line, Mikey is among the very very best in the world. When Heffner or Underground need $300,000-500,000 Lamborghinis tuned they look to Mike Angel and John Reed. Put that up against ANY tuner's resume. Come see Mikey at Insane Speed.
With all do respect to both Todd and Mike Angel, Heffner Performance has not contracted Mike Angel to tune any vehicle(s). All standalone engine management equipped vehicles are tuned in house at Heffner Performance, unless the individual vehicle owner chooses to do otherwise on their own, at their own risk.

I just thought that should be cleared up.

The shop looks busy Todd, good for you guys. How did the SE do once it got out there to you? Did you guys set it up back on Q or E85?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AMotion
With all do respect to both Todd and Mike Angel, Heffner Performance has not contracted Mike Angel to tune any vehicle(s). All standalone engine management equipped vehicles are tuned in house at Heffner Performance, unless the individual vehicle owner chooses to do otherwise on their own, at their own risk.

I just thought that should be cleared up.

The shop looks busy Todd, good for you guys. How did the SE do once it got out there to you? Did you guys set it up back on Q or E85?

Actually Jason did have Mikey come down to tune the first Heffner Motec Gallardo....mine. Mikey has a decade or more of experience on Motec so there's certainly no shame in having a second set of trained eyes. I'm sure Jason will tell you the same thing.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Actually Jason did have Mikey come down to tune the first Heffner Motec Gallardo....mine. Mikey has a decade or more of experience on Motec so there's certainly no shame in having a second set of trained eyes. I'm sure Jason will tell you the same thing.
In an attempt to not misdirect your thread Todd, I don't think this is something that you want to be persistant on, unless you would like to PM me.

Mike tuned your car, per your deal with Jason. He has not tuned any other vehicle for Heffner Performance, nor is any single part of your car's tune implemented on any other vehicle out of that shop. I can say this with 100% certainty.

It is not intended as a derogatory comment in any way; just simply that the statement of "When Heffner or Underground need $300,000-500,000 Lamborghinis tuned they look to Mike Angel and John Reed." is incorrect and can be misleading.

Stating that ".....and we even contracted him out to Heffner Performance to tune the first of the Motec equipt turbo Gallardos" is factual, since it was your car, and your choice to have him work on the calibration.

As I'm sure it's clear to you, I'm quite familiar with the intimate details of the situation. And I will once again state that this is not meant or said with a negative demeanor.

I think it would have been better served for you to tout your in house tuner for exactly what he has done, which is nowhere near anything to be ashamed of! Instead the prior posts almost look like a situation of riding the coat tails of other shops, should people take it that way.

Once more, the facility looks great, I hope business continues to serve you well.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Quick Reply: Insane Speed: Las Vegas Tuning, Fabrication, Engine Builds, etc.