Notices

EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
We have the parts to rebuild the pressure side already. I am looking into getting the motors rebuilt which seems to be the big issue for cars out here, not so much the pump itself.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm interested in doing this but my car is a dd, can I still drive the car with the ACD ECU removed without doing damage?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by R. Mutt
I'm interested in doing this but my car is a dd, can I still drive the car with the ACD ECU removed without doing damage?
i've been driving my evo without the ACD ecu for some time. Believe me I was far more hesitant than most to do it, but it drives fine. One guy even autoxed his without it. the lights just don't come on
Old Oct 20, 2014, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
ugh please please please just make one for the X
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

if i recall even overseas with the older cars, tuning the ACD disables AYC. May be different now, not sure.

FYI my review of this is here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11314971
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I kept meaning to post a review about this, as I've been running the English Racing ACD tune on my NASA TT2 Evo for the last couple of events of the season. I am *really* impressed with the change. Running a factory ACD tune on my car and the difference from the factory tune to the most aggressive setting on the ER tune is night and day. It actually feels somewhat bizarre, as the car feels like it pivots on the center of the car on throttle. My first event with the new flash and new front splitter netted me a podium finish at Watkins Glen which I had never been to before. The next event was the finale event at Thunderbolt where I dropped nearly a full second from my best time ever despite terrible traffic and never getting a clean lap.

I ended up taking the TT2 championship for the season, and am super happy with the tune. Thanks English Racing!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
I kept meaning to post a review about this, as I've been running the English Racing ACD tune on my NASA TT2 Evo for the last couple of events of the season. I am *really* impressed with the change. Running a factory ACD tune on my car and the difference from the factory tune to the most aggressive setting on the ER tune is night and day. It actually feels somewhat bizarre, as the car feels like it pivots on the center of the car on throttle. My first event with the new flash and new front splitter netted me a podium finish at Watkins Glen which I had never been to before. The next event was the finale event at Thunderbolt where I dropped nearly a full second from my best time ever despite terrible traffic and never getting a clean lap.

I ended up taking the TT2 championship for the season, and am super happy with the tune. Thanks English Racing!
Interesting that you notice it most on throttle - I notice it most getting OFF throttle (autox). Same experience though, car just tucks/pivots so much better. What's rear diff?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
ugh please please please just make one for the X
Working on it now

Thank you for choosing us and congrats on the Championship win
Old Oct 30, 2014, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Can you comment on any changes to your driving style due to the acd tune?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Working on it now

Thank you for choosing us and congrats on the Championship win
lmk if you need a test mule. I've got full suspension on my evo, including offset psrs, 7.5 deg of caster, robispec clubsports, you name it. with 300 wheel, i immagine it would make a great test candidate. Plus i'm taking it to circuit of the americas next month
Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Can you comment on any changes to your driving style due to the acd tune?
Yes, its a little hard to articulate but the long and short of it is that I was able to get on throttle far earlier especially in low speed corners. I've been battling mid-corner push all season and the combination of the splitter change and ACD completely transformed the car. On the most aggressive ACD setting ER provided the car is very loose feeling, and when I come on throttle pre-apex the nose points in, instead of pushing out. It feels like the whole car pivots. The difference is substantial considering I have had to lift into corners all season to get the nose to go in, and then wait until after the apex to apply throttle.

To give an apples to apples comparison... Thunderbolt earlier in the season I got a clean run on the track (no traffic) in a 6 PM session with lots of rubber laid down and sticker A6s. My first early morning run (no rubber on the track) on old heat cycled A6s coasting through half of the turns last Saturday was 3/10ths better than my previous record. A couple of the main areas of note where low speed turns that previously I couldn't get on throttle through the turn (turn 5 especially) where now I can get on throttle immediately and the car will point through the turn. I'm still very much getting used to the changes, and I think my times will absolutely tumble once I'm able to adjust my driving style.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

correct me if i'm wrong regarding ACD tunes for X's/all cars with AYC - does it still disable the AYC function?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
My testing phase is done. In the future I will need Evo X candidates. Thanks for the offer though
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

My testing phase is done. In the future I will need Evo X candidates. Thanks for the offer though
i'm your x candidate!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Any updates on people that had this done?

any excessive wear on parts due to the upgrade? on track and DD

any negatives to speak of?

sounds really promising though no posts on it since oct

Quick Reply: EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning