Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Unhappy with Buschur Racing...where is my apology?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy with Buschur Racing...where is my apology?

If this thread gets deleted it will be the true testament to the one-sided EVOm Admin and ownership. A paying vendor is worthless without the paying public to support them. If the public becomes aware enough of misleading information they will make better purchasing decisions.

In my case I purchased my second EVO from a member on here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184626

This car was sold to me with a Buschur Racing 3" TBE. For reasons to be completley honest I do not want to support BR at all. This came on the car and I knew at some point when I decided to mod it beyond its current point that I would change it out. There was nothing wrong and after being under my own car enough times it looked like every other BR exhaust that I put on for my members at miEVO as I provide machanic services for. So I decide to put it up for sale in this thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3786070

At the bargain price of $500 plus shipping I cannot yield any decent offers. I have been bumping it for a while and even offered to trade people for their TBE system. Today I check my e-mails and I see this:

Dear Joe's_EVO8,

davidbuschur has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Buschur Full TBE 3" Exhaust for another 3" TBE or sell... - in the For Sale - Engine / Drivetrain / Power forum of evolutionm.net.

This thread is located at:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=236084&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Warning!!!! That Is Not Our Exhaust System. That Was Not Built By Buschur Racing!!!

Then I attempt to go to the thread only to find it has been deleted. I am sure that my quality presence to the EVOm community have spoken up and some type of flame match began. Well nonetheless I also get a Private message from a moderator on here:

You have received a new private message at evolutionm.net from NAME EDITED, entitled "your exhaust up for sale".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Joe,

David Buschur just contacted me stating that the exhaust you have up for sale is not one of his. What's going on here?

Thanks,
NAME EDITED

At this point I am upset. It is obvious something has been circumvented here. I was not given the opportunity to explain myself. So here I am, if BR does not like something they get what they want in this community. For this case I am glad to have a local community at miEVO. This whole ordeal will get have an opportunity to get resolved if I receive a PUBLIC apology from BR themselves. I did nothing wrong and this is some horrible forum drama here. I do not tolerate this. Maybe this is ok to some notable members on here.

I want an apology and maybe I will consider keeping this BR exhaust.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't quite understand. Let me make sure I got this straight:

On David's side, he sees you selling a BR exhaust, yet he straight up does not believe it is one of his exhausts based on the pics he saw.

On your side, you bought the car used the with the exhaust and were told it was a BR exhaust, then based off you comparing it with others you've installed, you are sure it's a BR exhaust.

Between the two of you, I would trust David's judgement on this matter, especially since David has nothing to gain from reporting such a thing. It also makes no sense for you to so haughtily demand these apologies when the only thing that happened is that the owner of Buschur Racing says your exhaust is not one he made. Big deal...
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
Former Sponsor

If I was not 2 hours away from home without a digital camera and no jack to get under my car I would take full pictures to support my claim of whos exhaust it is. See I have nothing to gain either. I just want to sell the thing and the way I see it he already made his money on it so what use does BR have in a Private For/Sale thread?
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with warr on this this...

However, the way I read the message was that you advertised a BR exhaust for sale (I didn't see the thread) based off of that David saw your for sale thread and pics of the exhaust. Then he claimed that it wasn't one of his and that you were falsely advertising a BR exhaust when it was another brand.

I just don't see why David Buschur would have to apologize when all he did was tell an admin of the site that a member was selling a misrepresented exhaust.

This is just the way I understood it based off your post, there may be other things that I don't know about.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I don't quite understand. Let me make sure I got this straight:

On David's side, he sees you selling a BR exhaust, yet he straight up does not believe it is one of his exhausts based on the pics he saw.

On your side, you bought the car used the with the exhaust and were told it was a BR exhaust, then based off you comparing it with others you've installed, you are sure it's a BR exhaust.

Between the two of you, I would trust David's judgement on this matter, especially since David has nothing to gain from reporting such a thing. It also makes no sense for you to so haughtily demand these apologies when the only thing that happened is that the owner of Buschur Racing says your exhaust is not one he made. Big deal...
+1. david buschur can only lose from someone selling a knock off part. ebay is full of replica's. it's not like he is sitting in his huge mansion, driving exotics, trying to make a little guy lose money because he is selling a used exhaust. why would he care. it is great advertising for someone to buy his used tbe, like the tbe, and buy more parts based on the quality of the used part. unless there is more to the story you are out of line.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
Former Sponsor

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=236083

Alright I got this Buschur exhaust with my car when I bought it. There is nothing wrong with it. I am looking to trade to something that looks different in the rear and has a bigger opening flange that will mate up to my Invidia O2 housing with modification.

It has a once piece DP/testpipe which is leak free and has a spot for our wideband or will come plugged. The Catback is pretty straight forward with the Magnaflow street muffler which sounds very good. The sound is actually the best aspect of this exhaust. It is tame, and very streetable considering there is no converter.

Tell me what you got. Since this is a trade deal I am most interested in only pay shipping unless you got something I have to have! If your in Michigan I will uninstall and reinstall for free, save shipping.

Here is what I had in the WTT thread.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

dude are you serious? you want an apology? for what? I dont understand, your making a huge deal out of nothing. I would be willing to bet if you bought the car with another vendors exhaust on there, and this same thing happend, you would have never posted this. You said you didn't like Buschur Racing, and since this happend, you jumped at the chance to share your hatred. If Dave says it's not his exhaust, it's not his exhaust. He doesn't want his product misrepresented, makes sense to me.

*edit* I dont want to come off as a ****, so I apologize if I did, I've been drinking, so I'm a little quick to judge. Good luck with this matter..

Last edited by Frenchy4g63; Dec 24, 2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor

I wish I was drunk as it would take the edge away from this whole ordeal.

Am I making more of this than what it seems? Yes, quite possibly. Although this is not the first time BR has done this to me. I will see if I can find that thread.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe the person you bought the car from told you that it was a br exhaust when it wasn't... could have happened.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Pictures will make things clearer for all.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

i've seen many exhaust systems on evos and many are a like...ex...i have a jic spartan de type 1 in full titanium that looks like an apexi n1...people look at the muffler and tell me it is an apexi...then i have to tell them its not by the style flange they use, yada, yada, yada...my only reason to believe buschur is if he is able to proved some differences between the "forsale tbe" and his own...anything!!!...i think thats the only way david can call bs on this one...as for the joesevo(whos installed various br "branded" exhaust systems on fellow evo owners) then he should be able to tell the differences between his and actual br exhaust systems(side by side comparison) pics should help him out...
--my point is that exhaust systems are built by many but the only one person that can tell the difference is the maker...but if a person/persons has installed and seen many of the same tbe then he should be credited as well!!!
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

can the previous owner chime in?...it would help to solve a problem!!!

--from the pic of the "car for sale" the exhaust looks like buschurs own exhaust system...the muffler and then the tip!!...length of the cut/weld portion too!!!

Old Dec 24, 2006, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Why would he lie about selling his exhaust though? I mean look at his feedback, it's funny he has better feedback then buschar himself but I dont think he is the one selling everything on here. And everyone who is on buschars side is because you have his parts or want them or are just sac riding.

I have nothing againts anyone on here but i'm on Joe's_EVO8's side since he's losing . And all he wants is a simple apology for buschar taking his thread down and possibly losing a prospective buyer.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
I don't think you have cause to be upset. Assuming that DB believes that its not his exhaust, then I see nothing wrong with him trying to save someone from being scammed. In fact, I think it's a good thing that he bothered to take the time to send those messages to the board and an admin. I doubt he did it to protect his reputation -- how much difference would one exhaust make in the world? I think he more likely did it to protect the innocent.

And then consider the action of the EvoM admin. Is it unreasonable for him to pull the ad before hearing from you? I don't think so. The risk of leaving it up is that an innocent person gets scammed. And the admin had good reason to believe there was a scam. No reason to doubt it. And, as far as you not being given an oppotunity to explain, you were given that opportunity with the very PM that you quoted above when you were asked what's going on? I think that was your chance to give your side, and if everything were resolved, then I assume the admin would put your thread back up. That approach is the most conservative for protecting the membership -- which is what the admins should be doing in the classified section.

So, I really don't think any apologies are owed here. There may have been a mis-ID by DB, but if it was an honest mistake then no apology would be called for. And I certainly see nothing wrong with how the admin acted, and don't see it as vendor-centric action. The admin did what was needed to be on the safe sde for the rest of the membership. If they had deleted the thread and then not contacted you, then you'd have more cause to be upset. But, they did contact you and ask for your side of the story.

I can understand how you might view this all as an acusation that you are dishonest and how that might be upsetting, but if you back away and put yourself in others' shoes I think you'll see that this situation really isn't what you might be worried about.

My $.02.

Last edited by EVO8LTW; Dec 24, 2006 at 06:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Buschur Racing...where is my apology?