Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AEM EMS to F-Con V Pro tuned by Sean Ivey

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM EMS to F-Con V Pro tuned by Sean Ivey

I recently switched my EMS from AEM to HKS F-Con V Pro with Sean Ivey
ANd I got to say it's amazing EMS
No cold start issues my car starts right up and drives smoother than stock and AEM
Idles are just same as Stock
I mean AEM ems is such a good EMS I have to agree with that
but if u can find F-Con V Pro authorized tuner such as Sean Ivey, I would say go with F-Con V Pro
I forgot how much boost he pushed but
here are the results from 93 pump gas
with
Power Enterprise Rx-6R turbo kit and 272 HKS in/ex cams and supporting mods

I only drove for few miles yet I'll know more about this when I drive more
Again big Thanks to Sean Ivey for taking care of every issue on my car
and Robert at FizzAutosports www.fizzautosports.com to get every parts for my car!
If u guys have any questions feel free to ask Sean Ivey at www.iveytune.com
Old Feb 14, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

This is a question for Sean.

How do you like the F-Con vs the AEM. I guess I mean to say I know that you prefer the F-Con but why?

The reason I ask is I have never tuned one before and I have heard nothing but great things. Thinking to become a Pro Dealer to tune them.

Thanks Sean. Sorry to thread hi-jack. Awesome numbers!!!!

Mitch
Old Feb 14, 2008, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

we <3 soo!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitch@VividRacing

How do you like the F-Con vs the AEM. I guess I mean to say I know that you prefer the F-Con but why?

The reason I ask is I have never tuned one before and I have heard nothing but great things. Thinking to become a Pro Dealer to tune them.

Mitch

+ 1, I would like to hear the advantages, if any as well.

Thanks-Big Boost
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mitch,

I have tuned alot of systems, the FCON Vpro has a unique way of doing the initial setup on a car which is part of the design. The engineers that designed this box so well that it makes an average tuner look good, and a good tuner look awsome.
The sofware is very intuitive, it never crashes, the electronics are rock solid, OEM like reliability and quality. But what is to be expected this is HKS we are talking about here.

I like the AEM also and have done a ton of them and I am sure will do more, but at this point in time I like the VPRO better, after learning all the ins and outs.

Full throttle power all the boxes can do the same thing. But it's the flexibility and safety of having a box with no glitches and oem reliability that I like. There are no timing errors, no excuses, nothing strange, no eproms falling out, just reliable and does as it's told. The maps are 32 load x 32 rpm very good resolution and it has alot more maps for compensation which pertain to driveability and such.

As a sidenote for the evo guys that notice you have to run an ignition amp with the AEM, you don't with the stock ecu or vpro due to the better ignition drivers.
It will also run 4 1600cc injectors without the resistor box and control them like a charm.

I think you should go for it, for the price you can't beat it. Very comparable to the AEM units in price and the execution is better.

When you add the navigator PRO it is even more interesting as you can have 4 preset trim maps (pump, pump w meth, race, race w meth for example) in there for your customer to switch in an instant. You also have full diagnostics at the touch of a button. It has a ton of outputs, runs very well with staged injection, Does excellent nitrous control etc.

For the Cali guys and others that need to have a faultless obd2 port reading, since you keep the stock ecu for immobilizer and say dash control (STI), the vpro has option outputs that you send back to the stock ecu when you remove the mas and they mimick the signals of the stock temp sensor and Baro. This fools the stock ecu into thinking eveything is there and if you have the fuel dialed in right there are no check engine lights, thus well you get my drift I would rather not go any further with that.

More info is here Http://www.iveytune.com/VPRO.htm and Http://www.hksusa.com

HKS came here with their time attack car and trashed everyone, it runs the vpro, good enough for me.

Here are a list of tuners that exclusively run the VPRO:

JUN

HKS KANSAI (Who incidentally used the piggyback version the FCON IS on their evo 10 a while back to make nearly 400 wheel)

GARAGE HRS
TOMEI
BEE R
HKS
TOP SECRET

In Japan anyone who is anyone.

I expect that it's going to be alot more popular here in the future as more dealers are added.

Sean

Originally Posted by Mitch@VividRacing

Mitch
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply Sean. I am going to look into this more as I think it would be a great thing for me to have.

I like AEM but they just seem to be so glitchy I would like a more solid system for some of these cars.

Thanks again for taking some time to answer my question Sean.

Mitch M
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

I look forward to being tuned on the Vpro by sean on monday. Shooting for 600+ hp =D
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Can you post some screen shots from the tuning software? I have tested several different calibration programs and the best so far in my mind is MoTeC but I haven't seen HKS software so it would be fun to see how they do it.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

I cannot post anything like that I will get into problems, but I have used Motec both the older stuff and ecu manager.

Sean
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Don't they allow you the even show a screen shot? I'm sorry to say, but hat sound like some Russian Communist crap :/ Anyway, how does it compare with the MoTeC 3.4 software?

Is it similar to any other software?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

how much do u guys charge f con pro tune???
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZyBeR
Don't they allow you the even show a screen shot? I'm sorry to say, but hat sound like some Russian Communist crap :/ Anyway, how does it compare with the MoTeC 3.4 software?

Is it similar to any other software?
It is very advanced, and different than the Motec. Motec is damn good also.

I am sorry if you think it's communist but the powerwriter software is serious business and I am bound under HKS agreement I cannot post a screenshot.

Sean
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dafunk630
how much do u guys charge f con pro tune???
The tune on the VPRO is $600 and includes dyno time. If you buy the unit from us we sometimes will give a crazy deal on the tune.

I am actually restructuring the pricing, and there is a special coming up on the vpro install tune etc.

Sean

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; Feb 15, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

It's about time for people to switch from AEM to HKS F CON V PRO. I am always the fan of HKS ems, back then not too many people familiar with the unit, only one back then in the east was Pruven.

I am not a tuner so I am not familiar with the tuning features, but knowing that I don't have to crank my car for 5 seconds to start which will cause premature wear in starter, still get to keep engine immobilizer feature, and obdII compatible, these three are the most important factors for me. I dunno why AEM can't make their ecu perform like stock ecu, the starting with AEM is just horrible. It's embarrassing to crank your car for 5 seconds in the public.

I am so glad Sean Ivey is in NJ and becomes the pro dealer, thanks so much Sean please keep us update when you have promotion on HKS F CON V PRO.

Lucas

Last edited by fugiwara; Feb 16, 2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

I would love to try out the V pro....

Quick Reply: AEM EMS to F-Con V Pro tuned by Sean Ivey