Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Great service from Oil Doc (Amsoil fluids)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great service from Oil Doc (Amsoil fluids)

I ordered a case of SSO 0W-30 (enough for 2 oil changes), 2 Wix oil filters, a case of SVG for the TC and rear diff (enough for 8 full changes), and a hand pump. I already had 9 bottles of MTG so I didn't need to order any more this time. I ordered everything on a Friday and received it the following Tuesday .

Now for the fluids -

I've been running the MTG in my transmission for ~20,000 miles and have had great results. The cold shifting is much better. With the stock fluid I couldn't get into 2nd gear on cold mornings for the first 5 minutes of my drive. The Amsoil MTG improved the cold shifting and also made for incredibly smooth warm shifts. I've done a few track days with the Amsoil MTG, and after 2 track days on the same fluid the drained fluid still had the gold-ish color and had not thickened up like the stock fluid has in my experience.

This is my first time using the SSO 0W-30 motor oil. I've been using TSO 0W-30 for the last 7000 miles (2 oil changes) and have found that the engine runs well on it. I have not sent the oil out for analysis so I can't speak much on oil breakdown after ~3500 miles. I can say that the engine does run smoothly and quietly on the oil (as quiet as a stroker with balance shafts removed and a tilton clutch can be). After putting the SSO in, I made the 400 mile drive from western Illinois to Ann Arbor and did not appear to burn up any oil.

This is my first time with the SVG as well. I've used Diaqueen up until this point as I was a bit nervous about trying anything else in the transfer case. After seeing how much the Diaqueen broke down after ~7000 miles I decided that a change might be good. I have about 500 miles on the SVG thus far and noticed that the drivetrain was significantly quieter on the interstate. This doesn't surprise me as the Diaqueen that I drained out looked as though it had seen better days.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and will continue purchasing Amsoil fluids through Oil Doc.

-Paul
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

just replaced all my fluid for the amsoil and i had the same results great service from the oil doc as well
Old May 14, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Oil Doc says one shoud use SVG for the Transfer Case and the Rear Diff - anybody here used it w/ alot of miles? Seems using wrong fluids can cause the TC death whine - just wanted to make sure other people have used it w/ no issues.