Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review - Cobb Access Port for Evo X!

Old Nov 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review - Cobb Access Port for Evo X!

I just wanted to give the heads up that the Cobb Access Port for Evo X will be out very soon.

I have seen the "goods" and its amazing how great it is

I highly suggest that people looking for a easily removeable tuning solution consider this product

A few points

Its a simple hand held device the size of a small cell phone

It connects without a trace to the OBD II port - no wires to cut nothing to install

You push a button and it installs a base map which is designed by the master tuners at Cobb Tuning that you can down load and install in your access port at anytime from the Cobb Tuning web page. They offer a lot of maps for common modifcation stages as well as base maps for stock cars on various octanes.

if you want to remove the Access Port you simply hook it up and hit "uninstall" and it sucks out the program and re-installs the stock original program - you can later sell the Access Port used and get a good return

A pro Tuning application will be released which affords professional tuners like myself the opportunity to customize the base maps and do more involved tuning for people who want more power or are more modified

I have been privy to some of the information on what is offered by way of tuneable parameters and the Cobb Product is going to be world class (again - like the previous Subaru application) in terms of things they are adjusting and the amazing data logging

This is NOT a piggy back device - it directly remaps the ecu itself and they have access to the whole ecu

Some of the other features in the previous access ports include

Dyno application built in

Cel checker

Gauge package that can monitor data

Data logger

Fuel econmony gauge

Ability to hold and switch multiple maps on the fly

I dont want to disclose more details but for anyone with an Evo X I would seriously take a look at this before you make any tuning device purchase. Its worth waiting for.

I will be offering these in stock as soon as they are released and I will be also working with Bushcur Racing to offer a Buschur Flash version for anyone running Buschur staged upgrades. We stock all the Buschur Evo X parts Stage 1 - 3 at all times.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Nov 21, 2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

is this any different from the AP for evo 8/9?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is really worth waiting for...I would purchase this 100% I used to have this on my Subbie...nice pc of work by COBB. ANd theyre tech support is SUPERB!!

User friendly, plug and play

Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobb is top notch
Old Nov 26, 2008, 07:00 PM
Account Disabled

FOR Immediate Release:
COBB AccessPORT for 2008 Mitsubishi EVO X
Latest Evolution gets handheld ECU manager and tuning software solution
Salt Lake City, Utah
November 26, 2008
COBB Tuning announces the immediate availability of the AccessPORT for the 2008 Mitsubishi EVO X. The
AccessPORT is the first hand-held device available for the EVO X that performs an ECU reflash through the vehicle’s
OBDII port. Just plug it in, load the maps and go! Faster!
The AccessPORT provides owners of 2008 Mitsubishi EVO X vehicles the ability to unlock power hidden within the
factory ECU. Performance gains across the entire powerband can be quickly realized in the short time it takes to
flash the vehicle’s ECU with the AccessPORT. No tools are required. No additional “piggy-back” hardware. No
mailing the factory ECU across the country. No vehicle downtime. No waiting. Just plug the AccessPORT in, flash
the ECU and enjoy the thrill of increased torque and horsepower!
Flashing the ECU for increased performance is just the start of what the AccessPORT is capable of. Set the
AccessPORT to Performance mode to capture 0-60MPH times, ¼ Mile times and Trap Speeds. Switch over to Live
Data and choose a gauge to monitor, such as; coolant temperature, intake air temperature, throttle position, intake
cam advance, exhaust cam retard, MAF voltage, injector pulse width and many more. Select the integrated Datalogger
to record multiple channels of data simultaneously. Or configure a shift light that flashes the screen when a user
defined rpm is reached. Go to Troubleshooting mode to diagnose issues by reading the factory codes and resetting
the system once the issues have been resolved.
The AccessPORT can be used to eliminate separation anxiety for those times you are away from your car. Protect
your investment when out on the town by quickly loading the Valet map to prevent the engine from revving above
3,200 rpm. Load the Anti-Theft map when you park to make it impossible to start. And in the event the car must
be returned to the stock configuration, the AccessPORT can be completely removed and the ECU restored to its
factory condition.
Part Number: AP-MIT-002
Retail Price: $695.00
The AccessPORT can be used to eliminate separation anxiety for those times you are away from your car. Protect
your investment when out on the town by quickly loading the Valet map to prevent the engine from revving above
3,200 rpm. Load the Anti-Theft map when you park to make it impossible to start. And in the event the car must
be returned to the stock configuration, the AccessPORT can be completely removed and the ECU restored to its
factory condition.
AccessTUNER Pro for the EVO X is available to the COBB Pro Tuner network. AccessTUNER Pro allows professional
engine tuners to custom tune any combination of modifications to achieve their maximum power potential.
AccessTUNER Race for the EVO X is available to racing teams and highly experienced self tuners. AccessTUNER Race
allows individuals the ability to tweak their own maps files at their convenience as well as the ability share maps
with others that have very similar power modifications. Datalogging allows multiple channels of data to be
recorded and reviewed after a dynamometer test to see where tuning can be optimized. These capabilities are
particularly effective for heavily modified EVO X’s that are modified beyond the scope of the COBB Tuning provided
base calibrations.
The AccessPORT from COBB Tuning is the most comprehensive hand-held ECU
flashing, monitoring and managing device available for the Mitsubishi EVO X.
Combined with AccessTUNER Pro and AccessTUNER Race software, it provides an
unbeatable suite of engine tuning applications backed by our professional engine
tuner network.
Satisfy your hunger for more power. Access the Potential of your EVO X today!
EVO X AccessPORT Features:
• Increase horsepower and torque with the touch of a button
• Easy installation requiring no tools or computer skills
• Display vehicle performance with 0-60MPH and 1/4 Mile clocks and Trap Speeds
• Monitor vehicle data such as MAF voltage, coolant temp, throttle position and much more.
• Troubleshoot by viewing trouble codes and resetting multiple electronic control systems.
• Valet and Anti-Theft modes help prevent abuse and theft
• Built in Datalogging capability for multiple data channel recording
• Completely and easily uninstallable
Old Nov 26, 2008, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

I am taking orders now on AP For Evo X

Free overnight Shipping and a Dyno Flash Map for your application with your order now

Retail $695 - free custom map and overnight shipping included
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

So with this device, you can custom tune our cars without traveling to our region?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TheBigLubinsky
So with this device, you can custom tune our cars without traveling to our region?
No.

But

There are many FREE base maps available from Cobb that come with the unit and available from their web site www.cobbtuning.com

Also - myself and other Access Tuners (f/k/a 'pro tuners' or 'race tuners') all across the USA will be offering customized tuning for an individual car or series of modifications

I sell and Buschur Racing sells maps for the Access Port

Also - I offer custom tuning on my local dyno and when I travel to support this and other Cobb Access Port Equipped vehicles like Subaru
Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:29 PM

What does this raise the boost level to?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 04:24 PM

I got a cobb AP in route! does anyone know if i can flash and remove the AP.
That way i do not have to always have it in the car? Just to clarify, i want to flash the ecu and remove the AP W/ the maps still loaded up on the car.

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cplise
I got a cobb AP in route! does anyone know if i can flash and remove the AP.
That way i do not have to always have it in the car? Just to clarify, i want to flash the ecu and remove the AP W/ the maps still loaded up on the car.

Thanks
You can flash it, it doesn't have to be connected all the time for it to work!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

cobb is nice. its affordable and its an easy way out wen u want to untune ur car

good stuff
Old Feb 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

can the AP be used on multiple cars without re-installing the custom map? Im just wondering if my friend and I need to purchase multiple AP's to flash our cars or if we can purchase just the one and flash them both.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:03 PM

Only one car at a time.