Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

OnlineTires.com review

Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
OnlineTires.com review

Two weeks ago I ordered a set of 245/40-17 Sumitomo HTRZ III tires from www.onlinetires.com instead of www.tirerack.com because of the $58 savings. I've been a long-time TireRack customer but they weren't willing to price-match so I figured I'd give this other online retailer a shot. In the end, everything worked out perfectly, but I did get what I paid for. Their customer service was horrendous, it was near impossible and took me over an hour of sitting on hold and 5+ calls to get a tracking number, and their shipping was much slower than TireRack. Where tires from Tirerack generally take 2 business days to arrive, these ones took 6. I ordered on a Thursday and they arrived the next week on Friday (luckily since my tire appt was on Sat). The tires are fresh with a 2009 manufacture date so that made me happy at least.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might give them a try. I guess if you plan at least a week ahead, the $58 savings might be worth it...

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

If you do order from them, order 2 weeks before you actually need them and don't expect to get a tracking #.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:36 PM

Never tried onlinetires, but use to always order from Tirerack. But now I go to my local America's Tire (Chino Hills, CA) and they always price match the tire/installation. If you start to getting to know your local store, they'll take good care of you, your family/friends.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:58 PM

which shipping method did you use? i need to purchase a tire and if i choose fedex 2 day (is it really 2 days? if i order tonight would it be here friday or saturday?) on onlinetires.com i save $9.84 and thats compared to using ground on tirerack.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:09 PM

any little bit you can save is always good...
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
a buddy of mine order a set of rims and tires for is truck and he liked his experience with them. he apparently got a better deal there compared to the other places he was looking at.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered with FedEx Ground.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, I'm going to check them out.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 01:35 PM

I happened to drop by looking for info, and this is definetly an interesting thread. I've purchased three sets of tires from onlinetires.com in the past six months, and had a good experience each time. However, I am local to these guys, and picked up myself. My first set of Michelin's they had to order - two days they said - tires were available in two days. Second set of Michelins they had in stock, dropped in, picked up - done deal! Third set; BF Goodrich for my new truck - no problem, in stock - picked up - no problems. Prices cannot be beat. If you're weary of ordering online, I suggest calling them up - I did, and verified stock each time, and didn't run into any problems. I dealt with a guy named Marlon - good attitude, but it does seem they are always busy, and you may be on hold for a few minutes before than get to you. Hope this helps!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

I figured i'd post my recent experiences with these guys as well. I called them on a Monday and asked if they had a particular set of tires in stock. They said they did so I went ahead and ordered them. Four days later, on Thursday, I called them since my fedex tracking number still showed that nothing had been shipped out. At that time I was told the tires were delayed because they weren't in stock, and that they had to order them. However, they said the tires would definitely ship by Thursday afternoon.

They shipped on Saturday night instead, and I just received my tires today 9 days after originally placing my order. Their customer service definitely blows, and I really don't like being lied to. Having said that, they were VERY cheap, and they did ship the right ones. Despite this, I don't think i'll order from them again.

Personally, I'd pay a few bucks extra for better customer service and faster shipping. Check out their nasty better business bureau rating: http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Repor...Tires-13170750
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting up that BBB link.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:14 AM

I think Tire Rack's customer service and quick shipping makes up for the savings you might get from onlinetires.com. Just my experience..
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hammerevo
I think Tire Rack's customer service and quick shipping makes up for the savings you might get from onlinetires.com. Just my experience..
I agree, I'll be going back to TireRack after my experience. The slightly higher prices are worth receiving the tires in 1/3 the time and actually getting good customer service when you call.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:37 PM

I placed my order on Monday and I have not even received a tracking number. I am in NorCal and the tires were in stock and suppossed to be shipped from SoCal on Monday... I doubt if they have been shipped yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OnlineTires.com review