Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Spoolinup COP for Evo IX installed.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Spoolinup COP for Evo IX installed.....

I purchased this kit from http://www.spoolinup.com/ last week. It arrived sooner than I thought, getting to my mailbox within three days.

Out of the box, it is an extremely solid and well put together kit. The wiring harness is top notch with no complaints on the quality of parts used.

I went ahead and painted the mounting bracket low gloss black (high-temp), wetsanded, and allowed a day to dry before install.

I got it installed yesterday and within three minutes of driving I could definitely tell a difference. After a few days of driving with this COP, I noticed that the engine starts, idles, and just feels smoother overall. I will say that the car goes through the RPM's quicker and smoother than before. There may be some HP gains to be had, as is definitely feels like it.

Overall I am pleased with the purchase so far, and I would highly recommend this coil on plug setup.

Old Aug 27, 2009, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice. Thanks for the review.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks man. Very affordable also wow
Old Aug 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Any more info on this COP??

I have a built 2.0, FP Red, AEM ems, 30 psi on pump. Thought about giving this a shot, but would really like a little more info. Any dyno charts or even DLLs?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

looks great brian
im gonna pick one of these up too

is that a stock exhaust mani with the bolt holes grinded off?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

No dyno charts. I will be going to the track probably next month to see if I can beat my previous time. I am running the stock turbo with 100% meth at a peak of 33psi.

Thanks! Yes, that is the PPI ported manifold that has been grinded and smoothed, then coated.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good to see more reviews coming out for this product...I still went ahead and just purchased the Sparktech COP setup though...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:10 PM

love that exhaust manifold,looks clean.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:25 PM

If you don't mind me asking where did you get your exhaust manifold done?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Is it possible to put a spark plug cover on, with the Spoolinup COP unit?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Have you tried running more spark plug gap?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure you could physically get the spark plug cover to fit, but it is not recommended due to heat retention around the coils. And I prefer letting these pretty coils be seen!

I have not changed the spark plug gap yet, as I wanted to see the difference before doing so. When I have time in a few weeks I will try more gap.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Very nice but I would like to see more data.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:19 PM
Silver Sponsor

Thanks for the positive comments guys. These kits are still not where I completely want to go, but I was getting so much business from EvoM that I found it the right thing to sponsor. My actual target to start sponsorship was about two months from now when I finish the last version of the kit. Oh well! When things happen you need to be ready to handle them.

Originally Posted by Positron
Is it possible to put a spark plug cover on, with the Spoolinup COP unit?
Not at this time, but he got this on my mega sale on my few last remaining kits (about 5 used and 3 new left, waiting on a shipment of nice connectors from Japan then the people who locked in the price on back order will get their kits). After the last few sell out the kits with new coils will be able to fit under the spark plug cover. Used coil kits will still look about the same. I wish I could find them in the flat style, but that just isn't how things work. You guys rock!

Oh and coming soon I will be giving one away for someone who makes me a good logo since that just isn't my cup of tea. Also looking for a few crazy HP stock cars, but we'll get to that later.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tallen
Thanks for the positive comments guys. These kits are still not where I completely want to go, but I was getting so much business from EvoM that I found it the right thing to sponsor. My actual target to start sponsorship was about two months from now when I finish the last version of the kit. Oh well! When things happen you need to be ready to handle them.

Not at this time, but he got this on my mega sale on my few last remaining kits (about 5 used and 3 new left, waiting on a shipment of nice connectors from Japan then the people who locked in the price on back order will get their kits). After the last few sell out the kits with new coils will be able to fit under the spark plug cover. Used coil kits will still look about the same. I wish I could find them in the flat style, but that just isn't how things work. You guys rock!

Oh and coming soon I will be giving one away for someone who makes me a good logo since that just isn't my cup of tea. Also looking for a few crazy HP stock cars, but we'll get to that later.
is the price going up? I'm also looking to get this

Quick Reply: Spoolinup COP for Evo IX installed.....