Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Synapse Synchronic BOV Review Evo IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
a customer of mine went from the APS twin vent I suggested to try the synapse to see if it would handle some minor red surging he was feeling. As it turned out this actually made it worse and he returned to the APS twin vent. His feeling was that the synapse was a little too sensitive.
Yeah it is, especially if your stock turbo is tuned at 25-26 psi. The best combination is venting port A while port B and C are intact. I had mine on port A and every time I were to slightly take my foot off the throttle it will release right away. It gets annoying after a while.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Mine works like stock out of the box, lucky boy am I!

Last edited by High_PSI; Dec 19, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive got an 8 not a 9 but i got mine installed and i didnt even notice a difference between the two in driveability but i get all the VRRRR and no PSHHHH i guess i need to upgrade my ic piping and get a cold air to hear it?

Edit: After driving a little more i dont know why but driveability seams actually a bit better i cant explain it but it is, and if i turn music off and listen verrrrrrrry closely i hear like a baby mouse sneeze some times lol

Last edited by Skott2k; Dec 18, 2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

did everyone use 2 set screws to hold on the black adapter piece?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

I did
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

can someone send me some pics of how you have your vacuum lines hooked up? im looking for a good source
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by localtoys73
can someone send me some pics of how you have your vacuum lines hooked up? im looking for a good source
Use the one the factory one uses. That what I used and Im sure everyone else here is using
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I'm also running this bov. Its awesome. I have port a and c connected. I had both a and b connected and it fluttered. I removed port b and its perfect now. I had a crushed 9 bov before this running 30 Psi. I hooked this up and had to turn the boost down. Highly recommended

I just moved the vacuum hose from port a to b and this is now the best setting for me.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

well only issue i have with that is i have alot of things going off of that already

my 2nd fuel pump uses it as well

im gettin crazy flutter and i hear a leak of some sort im just trying to figure it all out
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have no idea why these things are so finicky? Very strange indeed. Simply added Port A as a vacuum source from the stock location and then T'd a line of my EBC (AEM Tru-Boost) to Port C, and Voila I have my Evo IX BOV up for sale just like that. It works JUST as well as stock in terms of drive-ability but holds all the boost I ask it too, which is 26-27PSI.

I am really confused by the fluttering issues, it HAS TO BE THE SPRING TENSION!!! Adjust your spring back a little, I bet that is it.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

my boost source comes str8 off the turbo then to my mbc, im also running around 32lbs of boost

im gonna mess with it today and see what i can come up with
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone running speed density with the Synchronic? Was everyone able to get all their surging removed?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
Great BOV, we have a sale on them right now with Free adapter flanges if anyone needs any!!
Im running a BBK Full at the moment and think my Std IX dv is on its way out as i run 2bar and the car doesn't seem to pull or drive like it use to & i've notice after long journeys i get an engine light. Do you have a kit so i can plug and play so to speak as i live in the UK? what deal can you do posted to UK?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And whats the difference between the universal kit and the evo-specific?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I just put on my Synapse Synchronic BOV after much skepticism and mixed reviews on this site. You know this BOV as advertised as a sort of Application Killer, having stock BOV characteristics yet can hold massive boost.

Before this we were saddled with powerful BOV's that fluttered on anything but WOT. Some of us had tried the HKS SSQV unit only to have the car fall on the face over and over again. TIAL's work great if you VTA which is a no-no for a Maf equipped car and you have to play with the spring combination.

So flash back to earlier this evening I removed a PERFECTLY GOOD and properly working Stock IX MR BOV. We immediately hit issues installing this unit as I had to be Mr. Fancy Pants and install a metal Upper Radiator hose. The Synchronic BOV is HUGE in comparison to any stock unit so we had to loosen my intake pipe and rotate it as far as it would go towards the nose of the car. We also had to loosen the stock recirculation hose and clock it to just BARELY fit the BOV. It fit but JUST fit.

As you can see it clears barley and the Stock BOV on the battery looks mighty jealous.

I run the AEM True-Boost so I simply split the boost line and T'd it from there as a boost source to Nipple C. I used the OEM vacuum source for the OEM BOV to Nipple A, I left Nipple B alone and that was that.

Driving Impressions? Spool-up is faster, plain and simple, black and white. The Turbo is more responsive and hits harder. I had to lower my boost considerably as well. The OEM MR BOV probably was leaking under spool-up and WOT. The car hits boost so fast and keeps it there. The car just feels more powerful over all, I am running 27PSI BTW.

Drive-ability? Seriously? Better then stock. No exaggeration it acts identically to the OEM BOV yet it doesn't leak so even part throttle summons more boost then anticipated. I also had to lower the crack pressure on my True-Boost (the point where the Sensor starts telling the wastegate to open) to a lower 7 PSI Vs. 9 PSI before.

It makes the car drive so much better, the turbo is just flat out more responsive.

This thing works as advertised.
can you post the installation pics please i'm very interested in your set up as i run an APS cold air feed and want to see how this will fit my application.

cheers

Quick Reply: Synapse Synchronic BOV Review Evo IX MR