Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My ETS 'Exhaust System' Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My ETS 'Exhaust System' Review

Well, today started out a nice day. After busting up my knuckles removing my exhaust system, I was looking forward to receiving my ETS turbo-back exhaust which was scheduled to arrive today, 4/1/2010. I ordered it on 3/16/2010 @ 1:36PM EST.

Yay! UPS came!

Sweet, my turbo back exhaust system is here!

Aww... only the catback exhaust system.

Ok.. so here's how it went down with the original ETS thread. I highlighted key portions of my specific order request in the picture below. Located here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...2-exhaust.html

And here's how the PM's went.

Nowhere on their website is the muffler-less system, even at my time of order. They said it was a custom setup and would soon be on the website. So, that means I have to go by their word on what the setup costs. As you can see earlier in the thread, someone else (WWIXMR) asked what the turbo back exhaust system costs, and ETS replied with "$749.00 for the muffler-less sytem".

So.. then came the day I wanted to order knowing this information. I went in the thread and asked "Gauging interest in the ETS V2 'extreme' no muffler turbo-back system. Is there a CEL fix for that? Price shipped to 48183 please. =)"

They replied "No CEL, PM Sent!" as you can see which led me to the private messages you see in the one picture above.

So.. I called ETS just a few minutes ago and they said they packed the order out to be a catback system because that's what they said they were selling me according to their website. I explained that this was a custom job and it was not on their website. Then he proceeded to tell me that.. "oh.. exhaust system only means the cat-back". I thought to myself, lolwut? I said exhaust system can mean cat-back, turbo-back, axle-back, etc. Which is why I specifically said I wanted to order the turbo-back exhaust system.. again, plain as day in written text.

We argued back and forth and he said I could easily tally up random components from their website to see that my $750 was too cheap for their custom turbo-back system which wasn't listed on the website. It was as if you would swear I was retarded and couldn't read for not knowing this.

So.. he gave me the option of buying the downpipe and test pipe at a discount for around $500 some odd dollars more. Of course, just what I want to do, spend even more with this company after I was sent an incomplete order.

Anyhow, I just opted for them to refund me and send a return shipping label. Back to putting my car back together....

So.. it looks like I won't be making any future orders from them. It's too bad I had to have this experience. I'd just like to warn people making future orders to get specific clarity of what parts they are actually going to send you when you make an order.

Last edited by wiretap; Apr 1, 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: fix images
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your future modification selections.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

wow, 1250 for a turbo back exhaust. I remember back in the day when the Evo 8 exhaust was that high. Sucks you had a bad experiance with them
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

damn that sucks... Seems like confusion on both ends... at least no money is lost.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~
damn that sucks... Seems like confusion on both ends... at least no money is lost.
No confusion here. I was positive and precise about what I was ordering.

I'm still waiting for the refund. Hopefully it gets cleared soon.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap

I was trying to stay neutral, I mean someone wrote on the box its "planned" contents, and obviously whats written there did not show up. I do the same thing as you and document every interaction and thread. I am a ETS fan, but it seems as if someone made a mistake on their end. I would have liked to see a different outcome, but at least they are getting you a full refund.

I have had bad luck with some vendors here too, I was very upset, but even the bad vendors gave me full refunds when I wasn't happy, so the only thing lost was time.

you have lost your time, but luckily for you, there are lots of TBE options!

Goodluck man
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Guy.. its obvious it wasn't a clear understanding.. yeah you said it but should of confirmed this over the phone to ensure satisfaction.. never ever buy something on here without talking to the person on the other end and clarify everything..

If your looking for a TURBO-BACK SYSTEM FOR 750 for your X.. try ebay.. Even the whole MEGAN Turbo Back is more than 750 complete. Good luck next time..
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Per our conversation on the phone, I thought the problem was resolved, but I guess not.

I explained that I send around 40 pm's a day and I might have not read the turbo back part on your post and quoted you for a cat-back rather then the turbo-back. We are human and errors do happen from time to time. The quote I sent you says V2 Exhaust System (This is what we call it on our website for just the catback) the price is $849.00 on the site for the standard setup, we said we would offer the non muffler (extreme version for $749.00) - I see the error on both sides, but I think when you received a price of $750.00 and you thought it was for a $1600 exhaust system it should have raised a flag.

The paypal you sent me also said V2 Extreme Exhaust System which is also the catback system... We invoiced you as V2 Exhaust System as well, this is the same thing we call our catback system. The box that you received was a box that we used for another customer who ordered more stuff and needed a larger box, so we reused the box on your order. We receive boxes daily that have different labels then whats actually in the box. Today we just received a blow off valve in a candy bar box. =\

I apologized for the error and said that I would offer you 20% off the retail price to make up for the error. That's as deep as we could possibly go. You didn't want to do that so we sent you a call tag for the exhaust system.

Sorry for the mis understanding, but I guess you can't please everyone.

Michael

Last edited by ETS Michael; Apr 1, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

If you know Michael at Extreme then you would know the guy is a top notch as well as his employees. A person couldn't expect to have more then a Catback exhaust for $750.00 on an Evo X especially with the quality of ETS. You pay for what you get.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they told him 750 for the whole kitten and written on the box then thats what it should be please stop making excuses for vendors to get away with murder it gets annoying when people want to always blame the customer when he is clearly not at fault. at least your getting a full refund and not being hit with a restocking fee. I hope you talked to a Mod before you made this thread chances are its getting closed or deleted if you did not
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wiretap

We will send you a refund when the exhaust arrives, the call tag should be in your email.

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~
I was trying to stay neutral, I mean someone wrote on the box its "planned" contents, and obviously whats written there did not show up. I do the same thing as you and document every interaction and thread. I am a ETS fan, but it seems as if someone made a mistake on their end. I would have liked to see a different outcome, but at least they are getting you a full refund.

I have had bad luck with some vendors here too, I was very upset, but even the bad vendors gave me full refunds when I wasn't happy, so the only thing lost was time.

you have lost your time, but luckily for you, there are lots of TBE options!

Goodluck man
The box was not labeled for his order, we do our best to recycle the boxes when the customers upgrade or cancel the order. We ship out tons of these systems so we have tons of boxes when random wording from orders. It's just the way it goes.

We offered up a 20% discount to try to resolve the problem, i'm not sure how many vendors would have offered such a discount for an honest mistake.

The customer will be getting a full refund when the product returns.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evolution2186
If you know Michael at Extreme then you would know the guy is a top notch as well as his employees. A person couldn't expect to have more then a Catback exhaust for $750.00 on an Evo X especially with the quality of ETS. You pay for what you get.
Originally Posted by joshevo22
^ 100% what he said.. He's an awesome guy and he's quick to reply and ETS makes Great quality parts! Just some confusion is all...
Thanks Guys! We all can't be perfect, but we try our best. I guess you win some and lose some.

Thanks Everyone!

Michael
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS is great. I never had any issues with these guys. But mistakes happen. I just recieved a wrong wind screen for my bike, and I didnt get mad because I to know everyone makes mistakes. Now I am getting a better quality wind screen for free.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
80% of my mods are ETS products and I am more than happy with the parts. IMHO they are the highest quality parts in the market. Michael has always been on time with my orders and he and his entire staff are great people. I will continue to buy from ETS.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Hence my thread informing people to double confirm before they order since companies can send the wrong thing if their definition of turbo-back exhaust differs from your definition.

Quick Reply: My ETS 'Exhaust System' Review