Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Mellon Racing Customer Service Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mellon Racing Customer Service Issues?

So I placed an order with Mellon racing about two weeks ago now for just a few simple parts (spark plugs, timing belts, standard maintenance stuff), about $220 so nothing huge. This was my third order with them. Austin @ Mellon responded saying that their credit card reader was broken, and asked if I could pay via paypal, and so I did. Austin then came back again and said that one of the parts was no longer available. So I went and found it somewhere else and bought it and asked Mellon to cancel the order and issue a refund. Seemed pretty simple.

Since then I have left some 5 voicemails and multiple emails with them and heard absolutely nothing back and gotten no refund!! Has anybody else had this issue or is mellon racing just a bunch of thieves!?! It has been over 2 weeks now (5/22/13)!

Warning: do not buy from Mellon Racing, this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought from them b4 an never had a prob , had a prob once qith stm buy was refunded within a wk or so . Just keep in mind shops are very busy this time around with prep work an there personal cars , i dont a big company like mellon wil try to rob some one over petty cash , but they still shoul of return your call at least , no need to starta tread on here , sorry to here about your experence with them .
Old Jun 6, 2013, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flabber
Bought from them b4 an never had a prob , had a prob once qith stm buy was refunded within a wk or so . Just keep in mind shops are very busy this time around with prep work an there personal cars , i dont a big company like mellon wil try to rob some one over petty cash , but they still shoul of return your call at least , no need to starta tread on here , sorry to here about your experence with them .
Agree with you, didn't want to start a thread either but 2 weeks without a call or any sort of response kind of limits my options. Had good experiences last few times also. I'm just hoping to ring a bell somewhere and through to them a bit that this is beyond unacceptable and to get my money back.

If I do hear back eventually and get a refund I will absolutely post it on here.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Update: Got an email tonight that the order was cancelled and my paypal account was refunded. Thank you Austin for coming though on this. I apologize that it had to come to a forum post to get something to happen but it seems that it was effective (or odd coincidence). Probably won't be shopping with Mellon again any time soon due to responsiveness, but they are not dishonest.

Moderator: feel free to delete this thread if you feel necessary.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
I'm also not satisfied with an order I placed at the beginning of this month. I've asked for updates after 2 weeks went by and have not gotten a response. Tried to call the number and it was disconnected and replaced with another number. I'm not going to try and hunt someone down for an order.
Poor communication is never very professional. I'm going to give them a few more days to contact me before canceling the order thru paypal.

I also feel the same way as blockade35 regarding the order.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
Wrote them a few days ago and told them I'd like to hear from them before canceling my order. Never heard back. Going to send a final cancellation email and contact paypal.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had issues with them for the past 4 months. Their customer service is very, very poor. When I have to keep prodding every couple of weeks for an update, I'm not happy in the least....and I'm as patient and understanding as can be.

Sent one last email and then I am done, too. Unfortunately, they charged me when I ordered 4 months ago, so I'm SOL on a charge-back. I agree that they are not truly dishonest and I will eventually get my product (only after another 8-10 emails), but by their own admission they have dragged their feet on getting it shipped out of their location (over a month), even after the BS I've been through. You'd think the proverbial "going the extra mile" would be appropriate in my case. Nope. Lesson learned.

They may be good with E-tuning, but for ordering parts? No way. They just made the very short list of online vendors I will not do business with again. Mellon Racing needs to seriously look into/revamp their online sales procedures/personnel if they hope to compete with the established vendors.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:25 AM

Yeah seems to me like this is a somewhat recent issue. Last year I ordered some stuff with 0 problems. I've placed a few orders about a week ago online and still haven't received any email confirmation or paypal invoices. I'm just going to avoid shopping here. Good luck
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

There is a lot of issues with them with local guys in the VA Beach area also. Sad that its starting to happen...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There has been no response from that email I sent last week so I sent another yesterday. This time, I sent it to everyone at Mellon Racing, regardless of position.

It was no surprise that I still did not receive a response during their work day. I'm beginning to think they closed up shop for a month to go on vacation or are in avoidance mode.

And before anyone asks about calling them, I live in Germany and work an early shift, so I'm not staying up late and paying to call these people. Emails worked just fine to take my order and money, so they should be sufficient to at least give me a response.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Word on the street is that they packed up and left Virginia as well... hopefully everyone gets their stuff or their money back.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Another tuner comes and goes. Has happened many many times in here over the years.

Maybe the breaking point was the fact that they are 2X what other vendors charge for the same service. Who knows?

Hope everyone gets their money back. Word of advise, don't wait. Call your CC company for a charge back, open paypal disputes, and/or get authorities involved if need be.

I agree lack of communication is unacceptable no matter what the issue
Old Jul 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

If you have pending things and havent talked to them, i would almost be to the point to suggest you file your claims. He has left the VA Beach area. As i stated before people from here have been trying to get ahold of him and have even went to his place of business (his house) and have been told he moved out of state.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 05:21 PM

Make sure you have a receipt because CC dispute won't work unless you have them. I have already tried. Was in the process of getting a tune and he did not finish and I backed out due to recent customer having catastrophic engine failure. Lost 375 but better then 8k with my new build.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by thomas.featsent
Make sure you have a receipt because CC dispute won't work unless you have them. I have already tried. Was in the process of getting a tune and he did not finish and I backed out due to recent customer having catastrophic engine failure. Lost 375 but better then 8k with my new build.
Wow man sorry to hear hope you have your investment in good hands now. I'd think that a service like etuning would be a bit of a grey area, meaning mid tune money paid vs services rendered.

However an existing part order where you have not received what you paid for dispute the charge and you'll get your money back

Quick Reply: Mellon Racing Customer Service Issues?