Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Whiteline swaybar, Beatrush diff bushings, WORKS shifter bushings, Perrin intake (X)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Whiteline swaybar, Beatrush diff bushings, WORKS shifter bushings, Perrin intake (X)

I've gotten lots of stuff installed on the new Evo X GSR already!

Thanks to GTWorx for getting me the Whiteline rear swaybar so quickly! I got it installed this morning and it was a very easy job to do alone, I just backed the car up onto a set of ramps; no need to drop the exhaust or anything. First things first, throw the new U-straps that Whiteline includes into the garbage and reuse all of the stock hardware and mounting straps; oddly enough the Whiteline straps don't fit the new Whiteline bushings or work with the stock bolts. Be sure to fully lubricate the bushings with the included grease packet. I set it to the softest setting for now and will go from there. Below is a picture of the stock 23mm bar vs. the Whiteline 27mm bar:

Next up are the Beatrush rear differential mount bushings which I got from MAP (great price and fast shipping). I did these at the same time as the swaybar so again just had the car backed up onto some ramps. I lightly greased these bushings inside and out. Again, a very simple install to do alone:
-remove 12mm brace bolts
-loosen 19mm bolts holding the mounts to the chassis
-remove one 19mm bolt, remove stock bushings, slip Beatrush bushings on, reinstall 19mm bolt and snug down
-repeat previous step on the other side then fully tighten down both 19mm bolts along with reinstalling the 12mm brace bolts

The WORKS urethane shifter cable bushings (also from MAP) were another straight-forward project. They include good directions so just follow those step-by-step. I made sure to fully lubricate the bushings inside and out with a heavy duty lithium grease which should make for silky smooth shifts for years to come.

The Perrin turbo inlet tube is an easy enough task, I have it installed with the AFE dryflow drop-in air filter for now. The only problem I encountered was the BOV dump tube being too long making the BOV rattle on the stock strut bar. To correct that problem I just trimmed about 3/4" off with a utility knife which made for perfect fitment.

Last edited by Kracka; Jun 19, 2010 at 09:09 AM.