Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

WORKS short-shifter and shifter base bushings installed (Evo X)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought Krackas ultimate shift package. I made sure to check it for a 2009+GSR. Anyone have any install problems on later models?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my Works shifter, Works under the shifter bushings, AMS under the hood shifter bushings and AMS gate Selector Bushing kit. I am loving the way everything feels. It is a huge improvement over stock that I should have made along time ago. Probably before I did any of my other bolt ons.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:22 PM

I did the under the hood bushings and gate Selector bushing first. I think the shifter base bushings had the biggest impact on stiffening up the shifter feel. They are actually what goes in between the shift cage and the chassis. They don't replace any bushings that attach to linkages under the shifter.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

I'm looking into doing this mod after my clutch and girodisks. I'm curious if you think the Kracka package with the TWM cage is worth it or would I not be able to tell the difference adding the cage?

Thanks

By the way, I'm thinking about going with metal bushings. When people say they make noise, what kind of noise are they talking about and when does it occur? Only when shifting?

Last edited by Uscbryan; Mar 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uscbryan
I'm looking into doing this mod after my clutch and girodisks. I'm curious if you think the Kracka package with the TWM cage is worth it or would I not be able to tell the difference adding the cage?

Thanks

By the way, I'm thinking about going with metal bushings. When people say they make noise, what kind of noise are they talking about and when does it occur? Only when shifting?
The metal shifter base bushings are supposed to make shifting a little noisier. I have the both the Works polyurethane ones and the AMS aluminum ones. I've been running the Works one and they're great but I am curious to see first hand how metal bushings compare.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chafed Banana
The metal shifter base bushings are supposed to make shifting a little noisier. I have the both the Works polyurethane ones and the AMS aluminum ones. I've been running the Works one and they're great but I am curious to see first hand how metal bushings compare.
I went with metal everything. I don't think I hear anything but then again the car is pretty loud and worrying about noise on an Evo seems odd to me. The twin clutch clank and chewbaka sound drowns out other noises anyways. The exhaust cutout takes care of everything else.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 08:09 AM

Just installed my works short shifter with their base bushings. I managed to install the base bushings without having to install them upside down. The shifter install wasn't to difficult but those bushings were a pain at first. The trick for me was too slide the poly bushing into position underneath without the metal insert attached. then I pushed the shifter cage down to pop the bushing in. Just use your finger or a screw driver to line the bushing up through the hole before you bush it down.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Recks_EVOX
Just installed my works short shifter with their base bushings. I managed to install the base bushings without having to install them upside down. The shifter install wasn't to difficult but those bushings were a pain at first. The trick for me was too slide the poly bushing into position underneath without the metal insert attached. then I pushed the shifter cage down to pop the bushing in. Just use your finger or a screw driver to line the bushing up through the hole before you bush it down.
I am installing these bushings now. Does the metal insert go thru from the top or bottom?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:54 PM

I was looking at pictures from my install. Looks like the collars go in from the top. This makes the most sense anyways.