Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS - T3 turbo kit & complete intercooler kit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS - T3 turbo kit & complete intercooler kit

I don't usually do reviews of parts etc. but I thought in this case since I purchased so much stuff from one vendor, I'd throw a few thoughts out.

T3 turbo kit:
I got the T3 turbo kit with the equal length manifold and precision turbo 5857 ball-bearing turbo as the upgrades.

First let me say the quality of this kit is first class. I have yet to open my hood to show someone without them commenting on how great the manifold looks, even if they aren't car guys. The welds on everything are excellent, from the manifold to the downpipe.

The kit came pretty much assembled (with the exception of the wastegate which shipped seperately), so install was a breeze, and the V-bands made everything really nice. The inside radiator fan did have to be removed, but I have had no issues with overheating, even in stop and go traffic. The only install issues I had were brought on by myself: I forgot the fire ring in the wastegate, so at first I had a really loud car , and I over tightened the v-band on the downpipe and the bolt snapped, but NAPA had a v-band that fit exactly.

The turbo spool is awesome, and the ball bearings keep the thing spinning like a dream. I'd highly recommend this kit or any ETS T3 kit to someone who wants a well built complete kit.

3.5" intercooler & piping:

I also purchased this kit from ETS at the same time. I had the pipes powdercoated black, and the intercooler anodized black. The fit and finish on this kit are just as good as the turbo kit, everything looks awesome. Install was pretty straight forward as you'd expect. With the intercooler anodized black, it's very stealth, just like I was hoping

The only issues I had were it took a while to get the kit delivered. I guess they were having some issues with their anodizer.

With the 3.5" intercooler you can still use the front crash bar, but I had to cut some tabs off it to get it to fit over the intercooler.

My only other big concern is with where the piping crosses the transmission. I have a carbonetics twin-disc clutch that has a conversion from a pull-type to a push type clutch. The intercooler piping rubs up against the bar, and I've yet to find a way to fix this. With a stock type clutch it wouldn't be an issue.

Overall ETS was a great company to work with, though there was some delays in getting everything shipped, the date for shipping kept changing from what I was told, and I'd have to call and find out what was going on. Once everything arrived I was very pleased. Michael was great to work with and was helpful answering any questions.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man. They are a great company. I plan to do a turbo kit form there similar to yours. Post up some videos of how the kit makes the car pull. I'd like to hear how it sounds, and the power out put you get from it.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Love my ETS T3 and related parts man. **** practically bolts itself on fitment on everything is 100%. Also have had the best CS experience of any parts vendor I have ever dealt with EVER.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
Congrats man. They are a great company. I plan to do a turbo kit form there similar to yours. Post up some videos of how the kit makes the car pull. I'd like to hear how it sounds, and the power out put you get from it.
I'm still finishing tuning, but I should have some vid I can post soon
Old Sep 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mountainturbo
I'm still finishing tuning, but I should have some vid I can post soon
Cool, I look forward to it.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

did you have any sort of turbo kit or stock framed turbo upgrade before this?

Im looking at both the ETS kit with this turbo or the AMS 750R which uses a AMS spec precision PTE 5857. Im just not sure if it will reach my power goals of 580-600 AWHP MD numbers.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:19 PM

For those of you who are wondering, this turbo can spool pretty dang fast. I started messing with it a bit this week, and with the grimmspeed 3 port I can hit 30psi at about 5k without even trying. This is at 4500ft altitude (out at the dragstrip it's not uncommon for the altitude to be corrected to 7k ft!).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

bumping an old topic, any chance there are pics of this car with the kit on?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainturbo
I don't usually do reviews of parts etc. but I thought in this case since I purchased so much stuff from one vendor, I'd throw a few thoughts out.

T3 turbo kit:
I got the T3 turbo kit with the equal length manifold and precision turbo 5857 ball-bearing turbo as the upgrades.

First let me say the quality of this kit is first class. I have yet to open my hood to show someone without them commenting on how great the manifold looks, even if they aren't car guys. The welds on everything are excellent, from the manifold to the downpipe.

The kit came pretty much assembled (with the exception of the wastegate which shipped seperately), so install was a breeze, and the V-bands made everything really nice. The inside radiator fan did have to be removed, but I have had no issues with overheating, even in stop and go traffic. The only install issues I had were brought on by myself: I forgot the fire ring in the wastegate, so at first I had a really loud car , and I over tightened the v-band on the downpipe and the bolt snapped, but NAPA had a v-band that fit exactly.

The turbo spool is awesome, and the ball bearings keep the thing spinning like a dream. I'd highly recommend this kit or any ETS T3 kit to someone who wants a well built complete kit.

3.5" intercooler & piping:

I also purchased this kit from ETS at the same time. I had the pipes powdercoated black, and the intercooler anodized black. The fit and finish on this kit are just as good as the turbo kit, everything looks awesome. Install was pretty straight forward as you'd expect. With the intercooler anodized black, it's very stealth, just like I was hoping

The only issues I had were it took a while to get the kit delivered. I guess they were having some issues with their anodizer.

With the 3.5" intercooler you can still use the front crash bar, but I had to cut some tabs off it to get it to fit over the intercooler.

My only other big concern is with where the piping crosses the transmission. I have a carbonetics twin-disc clutch that has a conversion from a pull-type to a push type clutch. The intercooler piping rubs up against the bar, and I've yet to find a way to fix this. With a stock type clutch it wouldn't be an issue.

Overall ETS was a great company to work with, though there was some delays in getting everything shipped, the date for shipping kept changing from what I was told, and I'd have to call and find out what was going on. Once everything arrived I was very pleased. Michael was great to work with and was helpful answering any questions.
I had this same exact issue with my Buschur piping that I just installed because I have the Competition twin which converts to push type just like yours. There is a tab below where the stock pipe mounts that I had to bend out of the way to get it to clear the slave rod. I was actually about to post my results. But next time you get a chance to look at the car you'll see what I'm talking about. There was also a part of the ACD pump bracket I had to get out of the way too. Nothing major and you can't see it from up top. I have about 3/4 in of clearance now. Hope this helps!

BTW congrats on the new turbo setup! Are you still on stock block? And when do you reach full spool with this turbo?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow I JUST realized how OLD this post is...LMAO!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ETS makes a good kit, i like mine but im ready for something different. im not a fan of the exhaust sound with their manifold
Old Aug 24, 2016, 05:55 AM

Just out of curiosity does the T3 kit come with one or two wastegates
Old Aug 25, 2016, 08:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Nice necro bump....

Their website clear states the standard location 8/9 turbo kits use dual Tial MVS 38mm gates.