Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

JMS- San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up JMS- San Antonio

I bought a 2011 Evo X GSR with some knowledge of the car, but not nearly enough. It was my first clutch, and first real performance car. When my clutch burned out after 25k miles at a auto cross event(holding the clutch thru turns) and i needed the car for work asap, JMS worked to get it done as quickly as i could get them the parts. They held the car, with the tranny out, for 3 days and got the parts in the car the day they recieved the shipped parts. Through this all the worked with me to pick out the correct parts needed, and keeping me updated on the cars status.

Since they had done such a great job on my clutch, I went back this week to get a tune done. Bolt ons and E-85 tune i was able to get 402/415 with jorge's awesome tuning. They installed my fuel parts, 3 port, and tuned the car exactly how I wanted, and I couldn't be happy with the results. Through out the whole experience Jorge and JMS crew were happy to answer all my questions about what was going on, and Jorge even let me look over his should during the tune, explaining what he was doing and why. No doubt i will be bringing the evo back them for any future builds, tunes, ect.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:52 AM

Badass man. I'm getting closer to dropping mine off.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad to see positive reviews, they are rebuilding my trans right now. I'm looking forward to getting the car back and enjoying a trans that doesn't grind.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SW20Mike
Glad to see positive reviews, they are rebuilding my trans right now. I'm looking forward to getting the car back and enjoying a trans that doesn't grind.
ditto..

good stuff and good #'s
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmcmill3
ditto..

good stuff and good #'s
They will treat you better then Noribuilt. won't be saying much though
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:04 PM

glad to see this thread. Scrounging up parts, and will be going to jms for a tune.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They have our stamp of approval they are constantly kicking *** with anything they get from us.

-Michael
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Michael @ FP
They have our stamp of approval they are constantly kicking *** with anything they get from us.

-Michael
Hopfully ill be bringing them a red with some supporting parts this winter!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jorge, Joaquine, and the JMS team are wonderful to work with and I would always suggest them to anybody reguardless of what car they have.

The do the work and service on my wifes G35... They got me back up and running in my evo 8 after dropping cyl #1 at harris hill road at a time trial (naturally failed fuel pump relay 25.00 at mutsubishi) back to running in 5days!!! Yep, blown to running in 5 days, turbo revision and suggestions for improvements for the rest of the year.

They have run through many of the issues of my track sr20 240sx.......

It would be selfish to say i hope they stay the same small customer friendly operation but with the waves they are making its not going to be that way for long. Big things are coming.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:45 PM

Great numbers man.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry for bumping up this thread , but as of recently I haven't been able to find any reviews on JMS the past 2 years , anyone been to them the past year?

Looking to have a clutch installed
Old Jan 2, 2017, 09:52 AM

I wouldn't deal with them. They tune pretty good but the labor side of the shop sucks. I dealt with them for a few years before i called it quits. When they were located in there smaller shop they used to do good labor work but since they moved to the bigger shop and the service they give has gone to ****. I had a horrible experience with them and was not happy with the quality of work they did to my evo when i got it back. I have heard of plenty of horror stories but hey who am i right. It is totally up to you. I would just do lost of research on FB evo group pages to see what other people have to say about shops.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rallydude86
I wouldn't deal with them. They tune pretty good but the labor side of the shop sucks. I dealt with them for a few years before i called it quits. When they were located in there smaller shop they used to do good labor work but since they moved to the bigger shop and the service they give has gone to ****. I had a horrible experience with them and was not happy with the quality of work they did to my evo when i got it back. I have heard of plenty of horror stories but hey who am i right. It is totally up to you. I would just do lost of research on FB evo group pages to see what other people have to say about shops.
Any other shops in the TX area you would recommend?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi Im Vinh
Any other shops in the TX area you would recommend?
give kozmic motorsports a call. they are located in houston north side