Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ACT Clutches - Monoloc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 05:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Arogne
Had this installed with the fork stopper. Could not get the TOB to disengage with the monoloc, also it seemed like the wave spring had failed. The wedge collar did not return once decompressed. Otherwise, had no issues with the clutch ( triple exedy )
Not sure what to think about this. I've installed over 10 clutches since my last post here, all exedy twin and triple and used the monoloc on them all with zero issues.

Didn't think my last post was that long ago wow.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
Not sure what to think about this. I've installed over 10 clutches since my last post here, all exedy twin and triple and used the monoloc on them all with zero issues.

Didn't think my last post was that long ago wow.
Me neither, but I can see im not alone with having trouble disengaging the TOB with the monoloc. Others have been reporting the same. Not a big problem since you can undo the pressure plate bolts, but a pain in the **** to do it that way hehe Installing the monoloc was as easy as installing a OEM. Couldnt have been easier. Have not had any troubles with the clutch with monoloc installed.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Arogne
Me neither, but I can see im not alone with having trouble disengaging the TOB with the monoloc. Others have been reporting the same. Not a big problem since you can undo the pressure plate bolts, but a pain in the **** to do it that way hehe Installing the monoloc was as easy as installing a OEM. Couldnt have been easier. Have not had any troubles with the clutch with monoloc installed.
Undoing the backside to get the clutch out sucks. I hope mine doesn't do that. I've undone them no problem with monoloc's maybe you weren't using enough pressure or something?

You can use 3 wave rings on a regular OEM collar also and it wont pop apart, but when it comes time to disengage the TOB from it you are screwed.

That is why the monoloc is one of the best inventions ever, because it lets you not ever have to worry about it popping off prematurely, and when it comes time to remove it should detach like stock.

Not sure why yours didn't detach!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have detached several with zero issues. It does take a little more effort but no big deal.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations to you sir. Mine didnt, even with extra, EXTRA effort
No but something has happened to mine, since the wedge collar did not return either, like if it was stuck inside the pressure plate. But no biggie. As long as it holds and dont pops out im happy. Another alternative to take out the box is to pull the shaft that holds the fork instead of undoing all pressure plate bolts... Didnt think of that before after the gearbox was down on the floor hehe. Much more accesible flywheel bolts when the box is down.

Last edited by Arogne; Jun 12, 2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if this Monoloc work on the Competition Twin Dics Clutch / push style (no pull style)???��

I want to see if anyone install this in their competition twin disc clutch before I buy this.

I read that this only work with Pull-style clutch, not push-style conversion clutch on the Competition twin disc clutch
Old Oct 24, 2015, 07:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Howulikemyevo
Does anyone know if this Monoloc work on the Competition Twin Dics Clutch / push style (no pull style)???��

I want to see if anyone install this in their competition twin disc clutch before I buy this.

I read that this only work with Pull-style clutch, not push-style conversion clutch on the Competition twin disc clutch
Its only for pull-style clutches.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by mrfred
Its only for pull-style clutches.
Oh ok. Thank you

But is there anything out there for the push-style???
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Howulikemyevo
Oh ok. Thank you

But is there anything out there for the push-style???
Push clutches don't need it, well unless they are designed to use the OEM clip. If that's the case, then you can use a Monoloc if you want, but it won't provide any advantage over the stock clip.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you very much for the info!

I recently rebuilt my tranny and put in a new Competition twin disc clutch, but I having a clucking sound from the tranny when I release my clutch pedal. It's quite and no sound when I step in and hold the clutch pedal. It's been about more than 10k miles on both now.
It's really quite when I first install both clutch and a rebuilt tranny.
Sounds like the TOB on the push style Competition twin disc clutch and the sound of the input shaft bearings in the tranny.
I just order a rebuilt kit for my Competition twin disc clutch and order 2 new input shaft bearings for my tranny. I will install it soon.
Anyone have this same issues sounds in the tranny and clutch areas????
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Mine was installed with a brand new twin disk on Friday. Next friday I will be beating it up at the MAP Proving Grounds. Ill update if I run into any issues.
I'm having trouble getting the throw out bearing to engage with the monoloc collar on my exedy twin --- any ideas?? any help asap is appreciated!
Old Aug 13, 2016, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ACTman
It comes with two wave springs, but since the snap ring is no longer able to dislodge from the collar, we don't believe more are needed.
Back from the dead with this thread!

What if you want to take it out. Does that mean you have to buy another Monoloc if you get another clutch???

Looking forward to all replies
Old Aug 13, 2016, 07:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by sumopower87
Back from the dead with this thread!

What if you want to take it out. Does that mean you have to buy another Monoloc if you get another clutch???

Looking forward to all replies
Its supposed to be fully reusable. I've reused it once already.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Its supposed to be fully reusable. I've reused it once already.
Any pointers on how or what had to be done in order to get it off the pressure plate.

I've tried a few times well to remove it like how I did with the original exedy lol... And that thing ain't coming out!

Last edited by sumopower87; Aug 13, 2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 03:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by sumopower87
Any pointers on how or what had to be done in order to get it off the pressure plate.

I've tried a few times well to remove it like how I did with the original exedy lol... And that thing ain't coming out!
There's a video on the ACT website.