Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Girodisc S/S "Orange" brake pads

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
If they're a floating design, you have to take the rings to a machine shop and get them milled on the same machine they use to mill a cylinder head. The problem with that is the mounting tab also gets thinner so its not a good idea, and most machinists won't do it. Buy new friction rings.

If the ring is bolted to the hat (not a floating design) they should be able to resurface like a regular rotor. Just need to find a shop that's not ignorant.
I hope Brembo will be selling just the rotor ring. I will go with DBA 4000T3 and install it myself.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 07:15 AM

So finally got the Orange S/S pads installed on all four corners yesterday (18k miles, stock rotors, no turning required at this time) and bedded them in per the Girodisc instructions.

I'm super impressed with the initial bite and stopping performance. Pedal feel is a little more firm but I don't mind, it'll just take adjustment to get used to it and modulate appropriately. Very happy with these!

I'll update later on any noise and dust levels.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Turned MR rotors

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
If they're a floating design, you have to take the rings to a machine shop and get them milled on the same machine they use to mill a cylinder head. The problem with that is the mounting tab also gets thinner so its not a good idea, and most machinists won't do it. Buy new friction rings.

If the ring is bolted to the hat (not a floating design) they should be able to resurface like a regular rotor. Just need to find a shop that's not ignorant.

I found somebody selling his MR rotors/turned. So it can be done. Shops are just ignorant how to do it. Firestone and Pepboys refused to do it. I think it just the same way as the usual resurfacing.

Old Jul 7, 2015, 07:48 PM

Quick update now that I've had these on for a couple of weeks now. VERY minor noise at very low speed/light to medium pedal pressure, absolutely nothing I'm even embarrassed about. Just loving their performance. Dust is a little less than stock pads but not by much.

Overall these are the perfect replacements and I'm super satisfied. Props to Mike at Girodisc for being totally easy to deal with and very informative as well as Kracka for the initial review.

Unless anything crazy happens I'm calling it that's that for this.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, the S/S has less dust than stock?? Didn't think that was possible lol
Old Aug 18, 2015, 07:48 AM

These sound good for spirited & street driving but has anyone tracked or autoxed them?
I only do a few events a year so I would like them to do triple duty. Low dust is good, I'm ok with a little squealing, but mostly concerned with fade & longevity.

BTW I'm on stock rotors - car has 22000+ miles.

Thx!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 6ixof1
These sound good for spirited & street driving but has anyone tracked or autoxed them?
I only do a few events a year so I would like them to do triple duty. Low dust is good, I'm ok with a little squealing, but mostly concerned with fade & longevity.

BTW I'm on stock rotors - car has 22000+ miles.

Thx!
Try it. I havn't read of anything else that can really pull tripple duty outside of pf01's and those are hard to find for the X's. Hawk offerings are crap for the X's, and the entry level track pads i tried don't do well at all on the track haha! They also dust like a ****.

THe S/S were honestly going to be my next dd pad whenever i get around to buying some. That won't be for a while as my evo pretty much only gets out on track weekends and i just leave my Raybestos st43's in them full time.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
definitely very interested in trying these pads. I've got ax6s ready to install but not liking what I'm hearing about the non-linearity, temp range is similar to ax6, may be suitable for light hpde usage