Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
I am not to sure what you are talking about but i had zero issues with mounting my sway bar.

Are you talking about the Diamond sub frame or the racefab subframe? You posted in that thread and speak of pictures above. There is no pics on this page. So i am a bit confused.
I have 100 posts show up per page in my forum settings, but I was referencing your pics in the initial post. I bought the Diamond subframe.

Mine is 100% for sure NOT the exact same as Dan's, the flat surface is missing from the swaybar brackets mounts. Look closely at Dan's and he's got a flat piece of steel that's welded to the top of the sway bar bosses...mine did not have those flat pieces, so the sway bar isn't held in correctly. The second picture shows the aluminum plate we added.

ALL factory mount provisions would be included on the subframe and that's 100% not the case. I will fully take responsibility for not noticing that those weren't on there in the pictures, but when you talk about everything being there that the factory had...I feel duped...and now I'm having to figure out workarounds because all of the other parts on my car plug'n'play with the factory mount points.

I will say the fab work on the part looks top notch and it bolted up to the car nicely. Had I noticed the sway bar and underside mount issues after unwrapping it, I would've sent it back, but we did the install on the car with all the stuff hanging, and once the old part was off the car there was no turning back.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-missing-bracket.jpg   Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-fix.jpg   Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-installed.jpg  

Last edited by golgo13; Jun 13, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't speak for the sway bar mounts. I'm not sure why that got changed.

As for the under cross bars if you did not specifically say what you wanted and did not then I'd assume that is why you do not have them. These are 100% bolt on and will work with everything but for most of use who want weight savings or other reasons we have the option to have and not have specific points. Maybe that is why you did not get the cross bars???
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
I can't speak for the sway bar mounts. I'm not sure why that got changed.

As for the under cross bars if you did not specifically say what you wanted and did not then I'd assume that is why you do not have them. These are 100% bolt on and will work with everything but for most of use who want weight savings or other reasons we have the option to have and not have specific points. Maybe that is why you did not get the cross bars???
I'm not sure what happened either. I made it clear that my application was for a road race (Pikes Peak Hill Climb) car that needed all of the OEM mounting points and I was assured that everything would be there. If these were a la carte, I didn't realize that, I thought the standard was that it would come with all the OEM mounting points and if you wanted less, that'd be a custom order.

I don't understand why they'd even put the sway bar bosses on there if they were going to leave off those plates, probably a few ounces to be saved if you left them off entirely. I think someone just forgot to put that on there before they got sent out for powdercoating.

Dave
Old Jun 4, 2014, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there any possibilities others were produced like this?
Mine is at CBRD so this will be a big PIA to figure out if the one I bought is good to go.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

The brace bars were never fabbed into design jig. For MOST of the guysbinstalling these those are already gone. That specific piece must be specified when ordering. Theres no upcharge however it HAS to be specified when ordered.

The swaybar issue on yours dave... i would call Dan at Diamond to discuss. Might have been a slight oversight on their behalf but nothing theybwouldnt be happy to fix for you. Give them a call and Michael of you Didnt specify the chassis braces then those provisions are not on your unit.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 09:12 AM

This is so dope. I cant wait to get my car back so I can look into getting one!!!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Now.... to be SPECIFIC. The things that can be mounted with the standard subframe include... the steering rack, sway bar, north/south front motor mount support, rear motor mount, control arms, and exhaust hangers. Anything more dealing with undertray and chassis braces MUST BE SPECIFIED as it makes your order custom.

Last edited by Jsiebert; Jun 4, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup. When I ordered mine Dan said that was all standard unless I did not want it. He asked if I wanted anything else too
Old Jun 4, 2014, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsiebert
The brace bars were never fabbed into design jig. For MOST of the guysbinstalling these those are already gone. That specific piece must be specified when ordering. Theres no upcharge however it HAS to be specified when ordered.

The swaybar issue on yours dave... i would call Dan at Diamond to discuss. Might have been a slight oversight on their behalf but nothing theybwouldnt be happy to fix for you. Give them a call and Michael of you Didnt specify the chassis braces then those provisions are not on your unit.

I am not worried about the brace mounts, just those flat pieces under the sway bar mounts.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Received mine today. Thanks to Jseibert for getting this product out there, Dan at diamond , and evodan for the review.
Hopefully the install goes smoothly !
I think I ordered on a Monday and it shipped the following Friday so that's a pretty quick build time.

Got it done in a silver/grey color. Almost looks like "battleship grey"
Attached Thumbnails Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-image-2284028037.jpg  
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Magnus makes one.

Rear subframe will save you more weight imho
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Nice review! EvoDan, where can I buy that cross-member? Looks light.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by golgo13

I see your still not a vendor yet this group buy continues.

What was the outcome?
Yeah I'm with him on this one. Just become a vendor and do this the correct way please. I want to buy one of these but believe it or not I'm waiting until you have vendor status. I am going to start selling titanium acd pump plate rebuild kits and when I do I'm not even going to start a thread until I have vendor status. Support the community people!!!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evotris
Nice review! EvoDan, where can I buy that cross-member? Looks light.
custom made piece. extremely light.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

I really want one of these lmao

Quick Reply: Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe