Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Stricktly modified is the worst shop ever be aware!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
wow, i would have them fix it right. i would have never took it back until they fixed everything.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They fixed it twice by putting more bondo on top of old one shortly saying they dont know what they are doing there... i fixed everything my self and everything is perfect just wanted to share my experience with them...

Last edited by paulekas; Oct 30, 2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok loose bolts are little bit ok but from your pictures you posted up, damn man that's not right for a 10k bill . Those are serious problems.

It's sad to see a shop like that comes up with bs work but they did take your money and put out some interesting work.

All I can say is good luck and I hope you get your car working right and fixed right.

BTW I hope strictly performance can explain what's going on.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
jeez
Old Nov 1, 2014, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Holy crap that is some poor workmanship even loose bolt's and clamps are not ok . Even to have injector o-rings leaking that could of ended in a disaster . I'll be interested to see what becomes of this.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is horrible workmanship. Obviously no QC at all. I could do much better, and from seeing their past work actually have, done better work, out on my carport on jackstands. No excuse for that kind of work from a professional business.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

I can't understand there crap workmanship when there shop car looks amazing and performs just as well.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo7_8u
I can't understand there crap workmanship when there shop car looks amazing and performs just as well.

thats to try to get customers in the door, all marketing purposes. The better measure to judge any shop is not by the shop car but by their results from customer cars.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd really like to hear they're side of the story. I've always had a good experience with them. I know they've had some turnover over there lately so maybe Eric needs to have a talk with some of the new guys. I've never known him to do stuff like this or allow stuff like this to leave his shop.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulekas
Ok so would like to share my experience with them... Ok first they look ok proffesional etc... They said my evo will be done in a month but they finished it in 2 months no big deal then first estimate was around 9200$ i ended up paying 10400$ without any notice up front no big deal again ok so i got my car first day i looked under it it was leaking tons of oil what? Proffesional job they claim ok they took it back they said they fixed it i didnt even look under again because it was raining next day i looked again it was leaking almost the same so i said **** them ill do it my self so here we go when i started redoing it was what the fu.... They put bondo everywhere like 3 year old kid would do they even tried putting epoxy on the oil pan on top of the bondo because they were too lazy to redo it again all the sealing was messed up i had to redo oil pan and timming cover it was dripping everywhere ok lets go to other stuff i found bad dont forget that was 10400$ job motor mount was losse and was missing bolts turbo clamps were missing some of the brackets let say for clutch lines were missing all the axe shields were missing believe me some shicky mechanic could better job i am honestly telling you guys never ever take your evo to them go somewhere else i didnt wanted to write this up but when i saw what they did i had to good luck to you all

Well very sorry to see that you have resorted to "bashing" us on a national forum instead of making a phone call especially when you even have my personal cell (Eric owner of Strictly Modified), which I gave you and told you to contact me if you needed anything or ran into any issues. We take an extreme amount of pride in the work we do here, that's why if you search this forum or talk to people who have been here you will see positive reviews and satisfied customers. We have not been in business for almost 10 yrs doing "Hack" work on customer cars.

Where to begin.... First just to be clear we do not use bondo for any type of automotive repair. You did initially come back with a few concerns and we addressed them. I gave the tech who initially worked on the car a chance to correct his mistakes, which I over emphasized how unacceptable it was to him. The tech that worked on this car is no longer with Strictly Modified for this reason. A shop is only as good as its workers, and as a owner you can only look over and do so much to prevent things like this from happening.

Did not want to have to go here but... The car came in for the build because of his lack of understanding on the up keep of running e-85. I always emphasize the importance of injector cleaning, fuel filter replacement, checking ethanol content to every customer that gets tuned by us. About 80% actually follow those guidelines and 20% do not. This was the case of the 20% that don't. We tuned the car a few yrs back on e85. The car sat for about a yr (WITH E85 IN IT), then fired back up yr later and the customer even stated the car was running funny with the same e85 not drained, drove it around running poorly then decided to do a pull and put a rod right through the side of the block. Needless to say he did a pull with 1yr old e85 and partially clogged injectors from sitting. Then after the motor failure I hear from a numerous people he is saying it was the tune. So once again we are having to defend ourselves just like im doing right now. I even explained the situation to him after the fact and still did not seem to grasp what I was saying.

As for the bill I would like to be very clear on this as well as when the rare occasion of a post like this pops up a lot of details get left out. This was for a full motor build where about 75% of the invoice was just parts. Block was out sourced (at customer request) and the one month wait time we gave you was out of our hands when we are waiting for a block for 90% of the time the car was here. Even with the the time frame stretched longer then anticipated I still aimed to keep you happy and heavily discounted the bill to keep you happy. When you were in our showroom I spoke with you emphasizing how my main goal is for you to leave here happy and enjoy your car. I treated you with respect and did everything I could to make you happy and this post was what I got in return. I have learned over the yrs that there is some people you cant make happy not matter what you try to do.

-Eric-

Last edited by Strictly Modified; Nov 4, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
^ Couldn't agree more with here, what was the point of this thread? To make the whole business suffer for a single workers sloppiness?

Also I talked to Eric a couple times over the phone and all I remember is he went out of his way to help me for the smallest things that most larger businesses would just ignore, it went to show how much he really cares for customer satisfaction.

Like I said in an earlier post I wanted to hear strictly's side of the story too. Surprised so many people were so quick to place blame. You could have just called and spoke with him personally to settle this issue. Kinda childish and an ******* move OP.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
^ Couldn't agree more with here, what was the point of this thread? To make the whole business suffer for a single workers sloppiness?

Also I talked to Eric a couple times over the phone and all I remember is he went out of his way to help me for the smallest things that most larger businesses would just ignore, it went to show how much he really cares for customer satisfaction.

Like I said in an earlier post I wanted to hear strictly's side of the story too. Surprised so many people were so quick to place blame. You could have just called and spoke with him personally to settle this issue. Kinda childish and an ******* move OP.
Thank you, very much appreciated. Luckily a good customer of ours just made me aware or this post so we could address this and not let 20 pages go by with no other side of the story. People don't realize what a post like this do the the name of a company, just like when he was previously telling people it was the tune when the motor failed when that clearly wasn't the case. I spoke with him in before he picked up the car telling him how much I just want him to leave happy and enjoy the car. Even gave him my cell and said if he needed anything don't hesitate. Nothing more I can do at that point.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TommiM
thats to try to get customers in the door, all marketing purposes. The better measure to judge any shop is not by the shop car but by their results from customer cars.

Same care and attention to detail that our shop car gets, every customer car that comes through our door gets the exact same care.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slow93turbo
Similar situation with me too, however, I gave them an extra week to finish my car. Had a finish date we agreed on so me and my wife drove 8.5 hours to pick the car up. Not only was ithe unfinished but I had to stake out their shop to get my car because he avoided my calls. Needless to say Eric did give me my car and stayed late so I could at least hear it start but I brought it home to redo several things and also didn't have a few things done that were suppose to be done. I know he busted his butt the last 48 hours but not sure what he was doing the 2 previous weeks. I was very upset because I thought highly of Eric and strictly and was recommended by several people which all were shocked to find out what happened.

Once again our side of the story.... He purchased a car from one of our customers in the middle of his build. Originally there was no time frame set for our original customer for who it was being built for. Now our customer sells his car to this gentleman where all of a sudden now everything has to be done within a certain time frame. Keep in mind I already explained in great detail everything to him but he makes this post as if I never said a word to him. Yet another customer trying to stir things up. While this car was being built keep in mind we are extremely busy 15+ cars, short handed, and I personally was working 24 hrs a day to keep up and keep everyone happy. While knowing this and still making this post acting as if he has no idea why it is that it took an extra week or two is beyond me.

This was not just an assemble the motor and release the car type deal. I still had to dis assemble/re assemble the head and do a full stage 3 race port on the head (12+hrs) which was time I did not even have and originally was no rush. I tried everything in my power I even stayed up the last 48+ hrs straight trying to finish the car along with running a business. Ran into quite a few set backs along the way as well but I got the car together which I still needed to touch a few things but given the strict time frame I was given I was left unable to do so. In the end I did get it started for the customer before release with literally the last bit that was left in me from being sleep deprived. I expressed to him that the car is not finished in the way i usually finish a car and quite a few little odd and end things need to be done and i hate to release a car until its up to my very high standards but i was given no choice and he had to head back home so he took the car. Even given all my efforts and killing myself once again to keep a customer happy, this post comes up. Please tell me anywhere else that would do this? I did everything in my power once again to not even get the slightest bit of appreciation. Yet another classic case of you just cant make some customers happy no matter what you do. But thank you for chiming in and you are very welcome for all the hard work.

-Eric-
Old Nov 4, 2014, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
It sounds like you put in some seroius extra time to get everything done at the last minute. Good job with that. I have a few questions and I hope they don't seem accusatory. They're just the ones that came to mind after reading what's written so far. Why did you let it leave if the customers car wasn't done to your satisfaction? If the work wasn't done why did you charge for it? Why did you continue to allow a technician, who'd proven to be incompetent, to work on people's cars without checking the work to ensure the errors were corrected? Why not invest in additional staff (properly trained) to improve productivity? Lastly, why wait till the last minute to work on this customers car? You stated it had been there for some time (one month wait time for a block), couldn't the head work have been done during that time at a prescribed pace?

You're honesty in your responses is good. It shows you have nothing to hide, but it also shows that you've got some issues to address. Until you make some changes, I would think it's very likely that the wait time for completed work will be dramatically long, or the results will be similarly undesirable.

I hope you get it squared away. It seems like when you guys get it right, you get it really right.

Quick Reply: Stricktly modified is the worst shop ever be aware!!!